PDA

View Full Version : First C+D Release 2.80 Kernel Mode Exploit, soon to be others !

Malksta
December 21st, 2006, 00:50
News from Team C+D

First C+D Release 2.80 Kernel Mode Exploit, soon to be others !

2.80 kmode xploitz!
* From Team C+D.. *
(Create+Destroy)

$ony lost a battle and will loose the war !
Here is the 2.80 kernel exploit you have been looking for !
Thanks for C&D your future best psp hacking resource !

WiseFellow - He ain't no fool
bockscar - Bombing you into surrender
FullerMonty - Going all the way
CosmicOverSoul - A spiritual guy
Malyot - Getting power from the hell

The exploit currently works on 2.80 through tiff exploit. Probably this will work in 3.03 also when an user exploit is available.

Awesome news, the future looks bright if this exploit can be utilised in time for a downgrader.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

imagecko
December 21st, 2006, 01:01
does this mean downgrader :)

Malksta
December 21st, 2006, 01:02
does this mean downgrader :)

Soon ;)

imagecko
December 21st, 2006, 01:03
Sweet my friend is at 2.80!

scarph
December 21st, 2006, 01:06
this does mean downgrader
good for all of you 2.8ers!

merry christmas.

where did this team come from though
people are popping out of no where

carlitx
December 21st, 2006, 01:07
hey how bout a 2.80 ta-82 dg? and can this run devhook on 2.80 psps?

Ihavenolife
December 21st, 2006, 01:12
Thank you coders! As soon as I see confirmation of kernal mode I will be all up on this. Thank you so much for your hard work, and I cannot wait for the downgrader. Guess I have to learn how to use devhook for the first time, no more crappy eloaders :)

ExcruciationX
December 21st, 2006, 01:14
Awesome! Great for the 2.80er's!

gunntims0103
December 21st, 2006, 01:17
wow this is really great news, i wasnt expecting this so soon. Does this mean that homebrew is now accessable to all 2.8 users? Well i guess it is. So a downgrader should be out very soon. To bad im a 1.5 user :p

Great News!

Napalm-Death
December 21st, 2006, 01:25
Haha...someone at school who is "into hacking PSP's" had a 2.8 upto yesterday, today he was telling me that "the new 3.0" is hot. Shame on that fool, long live exploits!

imagecko
December 21st, 2006, 01:34
maybe it will work with 3.0 anyone tested yet?

-=me=-
December 21st, 2006, 01:41
lmao sony just got owned ^ it cant be tested yet without usermode first

PSMan62
December 21st, 2006, 01:56
is this even usable on a 2.8 psp? i jus opened it and it has a Makefile, a c file, and an MSInfo

joshisposer
December 21st, 2006, 02:00
goto qj, they have it compiled in eboot form. This is just a *proof of concept*. YOu can't do anything with it *yet* but that's what they are working on now. This is cool, some of my friends were stupid enough to update to 2.8+. I know someone who trusts me though and has stayed on 2.80 because he accidentally updated but hasn't updated since.

carlitx
December 21st, 2006, 02:03
Thank you coders! As soon as I see confirmation of kernal mode I will be all up on this. Thank you so much for your hard work, and I cannot wait for the downgrader. Guess I have to learn how to use devhook for the first time, no more crappy eloaders :)

Yes this is very real and dark_Alax and Fanjita say so them selves just check out the max console forums
for your proof:)

midnitejudge12
December 21st, 2006, 03:04
You guys are the best of them all.

bubba421
December 21st, 2006, 03:22
2.8 downgrader...cant wait! yea i know, im dumb...im never updating again:cool:

mavsman4457
December 21st, 2006, 03:26
Yes this is very real and dark_Alax and Fanjita say so them selves just check out the max console forums
for your proof:)

Finally something that is good...and is real as well. With all the fakes coming to the scene it was depressing to see good news sometimes but now that DA and Fanjita have approved it I'm pumped.

TacticalBread
December 21st, 2006, 03:27
Awesome news!

ahah, suck it Sony. :D

:rofl:

uneekracer
December 21st, 2006, 03:30
good for u 2.8 noobs

XpspX
December 21st, 2006, 03:53
This is great but its still only proof of concept.

good for u 2.8 noobs
Please dont go there.;)

porchemasi
December 21st, 2006, 03:53
JEEZE PEOPLE !! YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE TA-082 PSPs THE HARDWARE CANNOT FREAKING USE 1.5 FW..... IE INSTALL WINDOWS 95 ON A 2006 MACHINE, THERE IS NO COMPATIBILITY.

tragedie
December 21st, 2006, 04:38
JEEZE PEOPLE !! YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE TA-082 PSPs THE HARDWARE CANNOT FREAKING USE 1.5 FW..... IE INSTALL WINDOWS 95 ON A 2006 MACHINE, THERE IS NO COMPATIBILITY.

Yes you can to both, with some clarification.

The TA-082 should not downdate to anything below 2.5 (note that 2.71 is above 2.5). I don't remember if 2.71 SE-C works or not, but 2.71 works beautifully with Hen-D. The hardware is built not to accept older firmwares and will result with a new expensive paper weight.

Why can't a 2006 machine run Win 95? You might mean that an NTFS formatted HDD isn't compatible, but that's different right? You can format your HDD anyway you want. Most flash memory (like your Memory Stick) also run under the FAT/FAT32 file system, you could install W95 and boot from it if you really wanted to. You can even install it on a FAT32 partition of your regular HDD.

Veskgar
December 21st, 2006, 05:01
Haha...someone at school who is "into hacking PSP's" had a 2.8 upto yesterday, today he was telling me that "the new 3.0" is hot. Shame on that fool, long live exploits!

Yeah, too many people are upgrading without any thought. My brother just bought a PSP at the airport coming home on military leave and it was a 2.70 or 2.71 TA-082. He upgraded it right away to 2.81 to play Socom 2.

Needless to say he got an earful from me about what a dumb move that was.

pubudu
December 21st, 2006, 05:45
is this also for the TA082?

hlide
December 21st, 2006, 07:04
hummm... i looked at the source and i was first quite sceptical. What the source is doing is probably trying to unprotect the first 8 MB (which is normally only kernel-accessible) in a similar way as http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=6800&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=0xbc000000

That doesn't mean that code is running on kernel mode thanx to an exploit but has unprotected a memory region so a user code can read it and dump it on a memorystick.

but in a certain way, we might be able to write a lot of patched code on this protected memory this way and let normal kernel functions to execute them. So, yes, a downgrade might be done this way.

belialone
December 21st, 2006, 07:25
i hope so hilde

soon 2.8x will be downgradeable

hmmm homebrew what a nice thing;)

IHadToReRegisterwtf
December 21st, 2006, 08:23
What the hell's the point of this topic? You can already do homebrew on 2.8 with the new eloader. You just can't run isos yet(which are illegal and this topic is basically encouraging pirating).

Since you can already do homebrew on 2.8, whats the point of talking about downgrading unless you want to pirate isos?

belialone
December 21st, 2006, 08:50
no dude kernel access means downgrading could be done on a 2.8x psp
its better to use 1.5 or 2.71se than 2.8x

this thread is like a preanouncement of a downgrader :thumbup:

pt9087
December 21st, 2006, 10:36
Good Work, im sure this will grow to be many things
:rolleyes:

kieso
December 21st, 2006, 10:36
I'm still very thankful for the eloader for my 2.8. I haven't tried this yet but all that would have to be done is to take us ta-082's down to 2.71 and I would be ecstatic.

splodger15
December 21st, 2006, 10:40
People this will not downgrade a TA-082 it will only do a 2.80 but i am not sure about 2.81 due to the fact that the TIFF was patched in either 2.81 or 2.82 so yes in time this will lead to a downgrader but please dont nag. They should of gone for 3.00 firmware exploit due to the fact that 3.00 was meant to be Sony's Golden firmware

Endlessrain
December 21st, 2006, 11:55
well, we all knew about the 2.80 exploit.. are you saying you have made use of it or what? The post seems to just be lines of giving yourselves credit :p

aTomIC
December 21st, 2006, 12:04
To bad, i must upgrade my psp to 2.82 for GTA Vice City Stories and can't run homebrew on my PSP, now. I hope the downgrader will work on 2.82.

Project.funky
December 21st, 2006, 12:07
well, we all knew about the 2.80 exploit.. are you saying you have made use of it or what? The post seems to just be lines of giving yourselves credit :p

This is a new exploit for the 2.8 So you didn't know about it, and there never was FULL kernel access we had access the read write flash 1 and 0 but wasn't able to clean up the icr but now we do :D

ab88
December 21st, 2006, 13:18
To bad, i must upgrade my psp to 2.82 for GTA Vice City Stories and can't run homebrew on my PSP, now. I hope the downgrader will work on 2.82.

First you didn't "must". There where plenty of tricks like the swap one. And how on earth will it work on 2.82?

Patience my friend, is the key to everything.

eaknb
December 21st, 2006, 13:30
when 2.81 downgrader ???

dejkirkby
December 21st, 2006, 13:31
A point to all those now saying will it work on 2.81/.82/3.00 etc. Just think how long it has take to discover the exploit in this firmware, imagine how long it could potentially (if ever) take to find an exploit in all these firmwares.

Gold Line
December 21st, 2006, 14:16
but if you use homebrew on 1.50 do you have a higher chance of bricking your psp

tragedie
December 21st, 2006, 14:48
but if you use homebrew on 1.50 do you have a higher chance of bricking your psp

No.

Unless of course, the software dives into the dangerous waters of the PSP's internal flash memory. Those seas are pretty but if you can't swim, don't go there.

If you're just going to be playing homebrew games and such, the chances of bricking are very slim (I'd say zero). If you're going to be directly editing the flash memory of the PSP, tread carefully brave soldier.

Boardman2411
December 21st, 2006, 14:54
This is a very good christmas present

Wonder when then next firmware update will be?

dejkirkby
December 21st, 2006, 15:19

I don't know of any homebrew that writes to the flash, apart from the flashing apps that in clear and plain english tell you that it will flash and may cause bricks. With this warning, you then choose whether to use it or not.

Russoxley187
December 21st, 2006, 15:27
Well, Sony just released 3.03 like yesterday or so...
Very good news..
I'm wondering if this means that this will work on a ta82 also. I don't care about downgrading, I run devhook to emulate 1.5, but i need kernel access to run Deniska's MAPTHIS Prog..

Gold Line
December 21st, 2006, 15:51
cant wait for the 2.80 downgrader but whats best to downgrade to 1.50 or 2.71

Gizmo356
December 21st, 2006, 15:58

How would you even dare to say the e loader is crappy:( if it wasn't for the e loader how would you use homebrew with your current firmware?:confused: This is the kind of talk that gets devs to stop developing for the psp so if you dont have something nice to say just dont say anything at all, cause im sure 90% of us have used the e loader at one point in our lives and I dont think any of us thought it was crappy because we were excited that we could finnaly use homebrew on out 2.0+ psp's:D

dogspit
December 21st, 2006, 16:30
Hi all!
I'm a newbie in this forum, so go easy on me :)

I've made the mistake of updating my firmware to the 2.82 so I could test the latest demo's (i had version 1.5). As result i forgotten homebrew. Now i'm stuck with this crappy firmware... and so i'd like to be able to re-run homebrew again. I've read the thread and you all talk the TA-82 models aren't compatible with 1.5's.. Since i have my PSP from day launch, will i be able downgrade to 1.5 again?

PSP 101
December 21st, 2006, 16:40
This is great for all those 2.80 users. A downgrader is sure to be coming in the near future.

skater9269
December 21st, 2006, 16:55
dogspit yes if you had 1.5 you can eventually go back after a user and then kernal mode exploit is found for your firmware.be patient though

Gold Line
December 21st, 2006, 16:56
when i got my psp it was 2.50 so will i be able to downgrade to 1.50

splodger15
December 21st, 2006, 17:11
W
I'm wondering if this means that this will work on a ta82 also.

No No No

The TA-082 needs a special different kind of downgrader this is for Non TA-082's

klemo
December 21st, 2006, 17:34
i heard of NO ips xploit
and that means no downgrader
is this right?

wakaru
December 21st, 2006, 17:37
(...) They should of gone for 3.00 firmware exploit due to the fact that 3.00 was meant to be Sony's Golden firmware

One step at a time mate ;-)

Thomly
December 21st, 2006, 17:51
I hope they really can create a downgrader with this, so sony realises that it can only lose a war against homebrew... That would really give a boost to the scene here... Dark_Alex, Booster and all the others, i love you :D

DarthPaul
December 21st, 2006, 17:54
aww,i hope this comes for 2.82 soon,my brother updated his PSP to 2.82 days ago just to play smackdown vs. raw '07... lol.

oh,and out of the topic..i have a friend that has a 2.71 PSP,he wants to play backups(iso,cso) but he's scared of downgrading..is there any way he could play the backups whithout downgrading??

klemo
December 21st, 2006, 18:13
hello NO IPL NO DOWNGRADER

we have no ipl

splodger15
December 21st, 2006, 18:18
^ ^
He is right i was just reading something about this on another website. This is what birdman said.

birdman

haveing some serious problems guys, weve been trying to make a good downgrader for some time, however ipl access doesnt seem to be there, we are checking a few more things but it seems we basicly have kernel READ but not kernel WRITE (if that makes any sence )

for example:
freeplay tryed doing nandwrite, it TOLD us it was working, but it DIDNT work..

right now if we cant get ipl access you know what that means...no downgrader.

(keep in mind we might just suck at this new exploit and thats just a few preliminary tests, we might have a few bugs to work out, but a downgrader looks farther than it was thought to be)

UDPATE:we were able to write to the KMEM, still no luck with ipl tho.

muncho
December 21st, 2006, 18:19
Cant wait for a downgrader!!

dogspit
December 21st, 2006, 18:24
Maybe he can, using a e-loader... i'm not sure if they exist for 2.71. Anyway, i think most of people want to downgrade just for that single purpose... it's sad, because the main goal of developing an exploit so you can downgrade your PSP's firmware is for running homebrew... few people from those who want to downgrade will run homebrew, they only want to run pirated games :( I'm not a moralist person, but i appreciate the efforts from all those developer's who work so hard to give us good fantastic home-made games, programs etc.. Maybe you all should considered it ;)

hlide
December 21st, 2006, 18:46
no dude kernel access means downgrading could be done on a 2.8x psp
its better to use 1.5 or 2.71se than 2.8x

this thread is like a preanouncement of a downgrader :thumbup:

Not exactly : only 2.80 can run user mode homebrew so this code can used for a downgrader only for 2.80 users unless we find another way to run user mode homebrew on 2.81-3.03.

splodger15
December 21st, 2006, 18:55
Did anyone see my last post

carlitx
December 21st, 2006, 18:56
I'd say that even if there isent any of that ipl accsess stuff than thats sad for me and alot of others but hey look on the bright side we are just that closer to killing sony's big war against homebrew!!!:):P

polo_1
December 21st, 2006, 19:16
great job we are wating so long for a downgrader and now we are so cloossssssssssse.....thank you very much

mikebeaver
December 21st, 2006, 19:31
Did anyone see my last post

Yeah, seems like t is being a problem for the people in the know, its a shame as it means no quick fix, but these guys are seriously good at what they do and I truely expect someone will crack 2.80 wide open with this exploit eventually, after all..mighty oaks spring from tiny acorns.

dogspit
December 21st, 2006, 19:49
I'd love to help, if only i knew how :p (my programming and codding skills suck :D )

Anyway, my thanks to all of you working on the exploit... it will be the perfect gift, aside my 4gb memory stick duo ;)

Can't wait to run all my emu's on my PSP! :D

Ihavenolife
December 21st, 2006, 20:47
I only said crappy Eloader because that's what any 1.5 user would refer to it.
Eloader= pretty good, but seriously
Xloader is really awesome. That was a huge step forward and I really appreciated it.
A downgrader will come soon enough.
I waited several months after the 2.7 exploit (which everyone agreed would never come) to get the 2.8 xloader. Waiting an extra few months for a reliable downgrader isn't that bad. And why do people update for games? Most of the games are pretty bad anyway, and if you're patient you can run them via devhook.

On a slightly related topic, I just noticed today that some store's display psp's are fw 2.71, mostly because no one there knows how to update them. Boy would I kill to buy one of those suckers now.

splodger15
December 21st, 2006, 20:53
I only said crappy Eloader because that's what any 1.5 user would refer to it.

I have a 1.5 and still do not refer to it as crappy. Its people like you who cause coders to stop work because of their projects being flamed like that.

erix2006
December 21st, 2006, 21:00
Kool. Good job Guys :)

Ihavenolife
December 21st, 2006, 21:38
I have a 1.5 and still do not refer to it as crappy. Its people like you who cause coders to stop work because of their projects being flamed like that.

I think you're taking things a bit too seriously. I support the coders for their project. I supported them creating a 2.80 "eloader" (a generalized term for an application allowing the user to run homebrew.) My point was that more users would support devhook on a downgraded system than an eloader. Calm down, Mr. "One somewhat retrospectfully thoughtless comment is the downfall of the scene." I think your letting your post count get the better of you.

mikebeaver
December 21st, 2006, 22:04
I'll side with Splodger15 on this, it's not only "One somewhat retrospectfully thoughtless comment" that will be the downfall of the scene, but the amount of these types of comments that are fielded and the way that programmers and coders can take offence to it, I know if i'd made an app and you dissed it like you have eloader i'd be hurt.
If your grateful for something say thank you, if you dont like something, say nothing.

Insane1
December 22nd, 2006, 06:23
hello NO IPL NO DOWNGRADER

we have no ipl

Actually, this newly discovered exploit DOES have full IPL access last I heard on another forum. I heard it works by sending a non-sense command to a part of the PSP, this part of the PSP will write 0xffffffff to any part of the memory it's told to if given such a command. By telling it to to go to a certain part of kernel memory and writing that (in the DRM part I believe), it gives full access to the entire PSP.

belialone
December 22nd, 2006, 08:49
it just blows my mind what all the haxors are doing on this great device

psphomebrew 4 ever

klemo
December 22nd, 2006, 11:33
Now we have complete kernel

scottyboynow
December 22nd, 2006, 15:39
exactly what does this do

willian_rafael
December 23rd, 2006, 04:38
This is gonna work for 2.81??? And how i use this???

klemo
December 23rd, 2006, 10:58
http://www.deviantpsp.com/index.php?showtopic=1092&st=0

kernel acess 2.80