PDA

View Full Version : Of the 12 Slot - 1 cards which one should i get?

Drastion
December 22nd, 2006, 01:37
I finally got my DS lite and now i am looking to get a flash card. I had no idea there were so many slot one cards out there a total of 8 that i was able to find. Most were micro sd cards but some were internal flash memory. Which one sould i look at getting

Internal memory

DS-Xtreme - 4 gigabits space but expensive
DSLinker - 8 gigabits twice the space and half the price of the DS-Xtreme
Datel Cartridge construction kit - only 128mb but has slot for mico sd so its more both

Micro SD based cards all seem to have the same list clean dumps and all info is put on the micro sd

M3 Simply
Super DS
Acecard
Media Gamer
R4
MICRONINJA DS
NINJAPASS X9TF

CYCLODS not sure about this one just a listing but no info on it. Micro SD and Evolution make me think they have a micro sd and an internal memory version.

Total of 11 cards coming out! Not all are out yet so i dont think anyone could give more than a guess. Plus with the name simply M3 makes me think there is a more advanced one around the corner coming from the m3 team.

I am looking to startup my homebrew project again now that i have the hardware to test it on. So compatiability will be important. Anyone got any ideas on a good platform? i was probally going to use palib from mollusk.

SSaxdude
December 22nd, 2006, 02:46
I have not used any of the slot 1 cards. For me I would get one that uses microSD, just because you can upgrade the amount of space. I own a M3 SD with Passcard and I think it works very well. That's why I personally would get a M3 Simply, because M3 has been reliable for me.

When you say 4 gb for the DS-Xtreme, that's 4 gigabits, which is 512 megabytes. It's confusing.

But I'd wait to see what some DS experts say.

Drastion
December 22nd, 2006, 03:55
sorry about the confusion i thought when you didnt capitalize it ment bitz instead of bytes

Junixx
December 22nd, 2006, 04:10
Personally, I would say for higher compatibility get a Nopass/Slot2 solution

ACID
December 22nd, 2006, 05:13
Well i have the DS LINK and The ninja pass and i still will recomend the SC LITE or M3 lite are the best the slot 2 versions. Now i will be getting bouth M3 slot 1 and SC DS slot 1 this week hopefully they will be better then the slot two.

Word of advice always i mean always go with proven companys like M3 and SC. I got lucky with the DS Link its damm good but the ninjapass and the DS-extreme are garbige