PDA

View Full Version : LF-PK1 (LocationFree Base Station) sale at Circuit City

IndianCheese
December 22nd, 2006, 02:53
Portable television is now at everyone's fingertips. A sale going on now at Circuit City is offering the LF-PK1 Base Station and installation disc at a sale price of $150. Check out the link here:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-LocationFree-Player-Pak-LF-PK1/sem/rpsm/oid/138673/catOid/-12987/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

In case you are unfamiliar with LocationFree technology, LocationFree lets you watch TV, DVDs, VHSs, DVRs, and any other A/V device with an IR port...streamed wirelessly over the internet to your PSP, PC, or LocationFree TV. The original list price was (and still is in many stores) $350, but this sale at Circuit City has temporarily knocked off $200 from the price (1/3 of my future PS3 yay).

One of the best parts is that this model is only $150, yet it has wireless capabilities, unlike it's newer $200 brother, the LF-B10. WTF?!?!?

Please note that the $150 price does not show up on the link given. You must place the item into your cart to see the sale price. Many online stores do this at the manufacturer's request.

Order yours today (cause there is no cooler PSP accessory out there)!

Nookadum
December 22nd, 2006, 04:01
Damn, I'd seriously get one, but we don't have Circuit City (damn, I miss New York) here in Southeast Asia...

the_eternal_dark
December 22nd, 2006, 04:24
Good find indiancheese. I'm ordering one in less than 50 minutes...

Then I'll let you all know how it is when I get it. Sounds good, and at a good price, so we'll see.

ab88
December 22nd, 2006, 07:13
It also goes well with the new 3.02 OE lol...

logicbomb.de
December 22nd, 2006, 19:05
It also goes well with the new 3.02 OE lol...

Just a quick heads up for 3.02OE-A users, Dark_Alex had to remove Location Free functionality as well as the Korean Language pack and fonts to make room on the NAND for the OE-A custom FW.

So basically, if you are running 3.02OE-A, Location Free player will NOT work with this FW.

Although I'm pretty sure it will work with 2.71SE.....

mungrin
December 23rd, 2006, 09:59
I went to Circuit City and bought it today.It is incredible and i never knew this was possible.I can watch and control everything on my Tivo with my PsP from anywhere in the world.

SpooForBrains
December 23rd, 2006, 11:06
Or I believe it would work with devhook. Not that I've tried. My wife has put her foot down and won't let me import one of these for the spurious reason that I don't actually need one. Bah. I mean, some people have no sense of perspective.

(but then since she bought me my PSP in the first place I'd better not complain TOO loudly ... :) )

mungrin
December 23rd, 2006, 16:55
i have a 1.50 and use Devhook to 2.71 and i have no problem.

mavsman4457
December 23rd, 2006, 17:43
This is good news but I have a PS3 and I am holding my breath for DVR and LocationFree capabilities for that. Now that would be the ultimate machine. PS3 has SO much potential through firmware updates as long as Sony doesn't screw it up like they did with PSP.

IndianCheese
December 23rd, 2006, 19:48
I just got my Base Station and will be doing a video report on it as soon as I get the chance.