PDA

View Full Version : PSP iR Shell 3.1 released

jak66
December 22nd, 2006, 08:46
LOL, with the news about 3.02 OE-A you wouldnt think it could get any better

(News via ahman (http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1139&mforum=irshell)) of the release of a new version of his excellent shell for the PSP.

New Features:
- Universal Infra-Red Remote is now working under firmware 2.71 mode of iR Shell.
- Support direct launching of Devhook 0.51.
- Enhance nethostfs & UMD compatibility which will allow WiFi keypad redirection to work with almost all UMD games that are supported by firmware 2.71. This should bring the compatibility of nethostfs to about the same level as usbhostfs. Pls note the nethostfs is only enahcned under firmware 2.71 mode, nethostfs under firmware 1.5 is unchanged.
- Plugin suffix extension has been changed from 3 characters to 1-4 characters.
- Bundled a HTML Viewer plugin by Dark_AleX which means you can open HTML documents (suffix as HTML or HTM) directly from iR Shell file browser.
- Bundled an updated ISO plugin by StoneCut which has Devhook launching capability built-in. This is for use with legally owned backups only.

Bug Fixes:
- When running iR Shell under firmware 1.5 mode of Dark_AleX 2.71 SEC, if you exit iR Shell when "Allow Adhoc PC Connection for Homebrew" is enabled, your PSP will crash.
- The "Free Space" under directory view can't display anything larger than 2GB.
- Can't choose plugin # larger than 10 under iR Shell Configurator.

Special Thanks to:
- Dark_AleX for doing a HTML plugin for iR Shell and for making all the impossibles possible.
- StoneCut for releasing new plugins and making iR Shell forum active. Without his help, iR Shell forum would probably be shutdown already.
- All Beta Testers & skins makers for their contributions.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Baboon
December 22nd, 2006, 08:58
And people keep saying the scene is dead? lol

I'll defo be downloading this after work seeing as Devhook 0.51 is now suported.

Another great release. :)

jak66
December 22nd, 2006, 09:02
yeah, but people say that when stuff they want updating doesnt get updated in over a week, lol

its a shame that it wont work on 3.02 OE (well, half will, 1.50 bit, but half wont, 2.71 bit) which is now tearing me in half. One half says update, the other half says ir shell.

Kvonx
December 22nd, 2006, 13:56
yes......in time for christmas, very excellent!!!

Totalitarian
December 22nd, 2006, 14:07
I thought ahman was against ISO launcher plug-ins?

Great release though.

scottyboynow
December 22nd, 2006, 14:45
Shame 2.80 Don't Work eh

doverkiller
December 22nd, 2006, 14:48
haha.. I'm on 3.02 OE-A now..
and it's not supported.. yet.. :D

btw I see no point in this app..
except sending files to another device..

Nikolaos
December 22nd, 2006, 14:54
sweet i was just thinking about this too :) OE-A ALL THE WAY thanks dax and , ahman and all you coders who made nice irshell plugins :)

mr_nick666
December 22nd, 2006, 15:33
I love this app so the more updates the better! :thumbup:

Vega
December 22nd, 2006, 15:40
Awesome! Just started enjoying the benefits of IR Shell not oo long ago . Giving this a download now :D

Napalm-Death
December 22nd, 2006, 16:14
I can't wait for the full OE support!

Mr. Shizzy
December 22nd, 2006, 16:43
Nice. Merry Christmas to all the coders out there who spent so much of their valuable time to bring all these wonderful new things to the PSP scene !!! :D

blackrave
December 22nd, 2006, 16:50
WOW! What a news week this has been! The PSP scene is as alive as never before.

Thanks Ahman! This is such an excellent homebrew!

jak66
December 22nd, 2006, 17:12
I thought ahman was against ISO launcher plug-ins?

Great release though.

True, the story is someone (forgot name :P) totally modified iR Shell into a universal ISO loader, and from what i could tell, he gave no credit to ahman, after that public releases of ir shell were stopped(later of course ahman started public releases again).
This plugin was made to provide ir shell features similar to the XMB (originally only for 2.71 SE, but now can be used on 1.50 with devhook)

V3N0M
December 22nd, 2006, 17:50
I don't see this scene going out any time soon. I expect it to be around for years to come. Even scenes like Dreamcast get updates ever so often. But anyways great release.

DarthPaul
December 22nd, 2006, 19:40
yeah, but people say that when stuff they want updating doesnt get updated in over a week, lol

its a shame that it wont work on 3.02 OE (well, half will, 1.50 bit, but half wont, 2.71 bit) which is now tearing me in half. One half says update, the other half says ir shell.

cool!! another release from my favorite shell!! but..it doesnt suppor 3.02oe? awww:(

DarthPaul
December 22nd, 2006, 19:41
cool!! another release from my favorite shell!! but..it doesnt suppor 3.02oe? awww:(

DarthPaul
December 22nd, 2006, 19:41
my bad...it wasnt a quote,lol,i dont know how that happened

Apoklepz
December 22nd, 2006, 19:56
Yes, there's no support for 3.02 OE in this version....That doesn't mean it don't work on 3.02 OE...Use the IRSHELL150 files on this update, like I've done. If you still want to take pictures of your XMB, you can get "capture.prx" and put it in the SEPLUGINS folder to do that. Everything else works....a very cool thing we can do now is load Metal Gear through IRSHELL/Devhook 0.51 with the usbhosts mod and play the game with a PC/Usb controller...or even a Playstation, or Xbox controller...

...Thanks again Ahman and Crew! And MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you hard working Devs!!!

flamerge
December 22nd, 2006, 20:12
How do you make IRshell start when you boot your PSP?

gohanhd
January 5th, 2007, 18:50
Is launching XMB from IR shll3.1 post to work on 3.03 eo-A? (cuz I cant seem to get it to work)

jak66
January 5th, 2007, 19:04
only if you have a 1.5 firmware dump (because it runs on 1.5 kernal it can only launch the 1.5 XMB, not present on 3.03 OE)

gohanhd
January 5th, 2007, 21:13
this is my last dumb question can you run IR shell and a PSX games at the same time with 3.03 OE A?

TAPION
January 13th, 2007, 22:07
How do you make this run on 3.02 OE B? What folder does it go in?

NoQuarter
January 21st, 2007, 07:04
nice app, good to see this is still being worked on

lilcrazyaznboy
February 21st, 2007, 02:06
Not trying to disrespect ah man. But this application takes up alot of free spaces in your memory stick. And plus, the playlist can only be highlated 30 songs, I mean wassup with that. You know how hard it is for me to look for a psp music playlist homebrew and can't find one. This is the only application out there that have a music playlist. But, since your at it, mind ass well except how many music you want to add onto your playlist instead of adding only 30 songs in the playlist. Keep upgrading your application and it be awesome... Ya feel... Aite im out.

lilcrazyaznboy
February 21st, 2007, 02:08
Oh yea!!!. Email me at [email protected]. Y? I want to know if theres a playlist homebrew application for the psp. I want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I've been searching for it for almost a year and a half. So plzzz.... Some one make my dream come true

Streetz
February 22nd, 2007, 04:06
I loved the original IRshell, glad it's still being improved.

opiate81
February 22nd, 2007, 05:58
its not being improved anymore... its dead
Ahman has stopped coding for good :(
which does suck BIG TIME as it is the only thing other than PS1 emulation that kept me interested in the PSP

Andon21
July 9th, 2007, 17:09
does anyone know where i put the 1.5 dumb for the XMB in Ir Shell

Andon21
July 9th, 2007, 17:09
dump*

Knild
December 8th, 2007, 20:15
does this work on a psp slim cfw 3.6 m33?

JPJunkie
December 8th, 2007, 20:38
Great Release!!!

Ferret
March 4th, 2008, 17:39
Thanks for the irshell