PDA

View Full Version : 3.02 OE-A Video Tutorial By ExcruciationX

ExcruciationX
December 22nd, 2006, 23:24
Soon after the release of 3.02 OE-A, I, ExcruciationX, from our very own forums, has made a video tutorial, for people to understand and make it a bit easy to upgrade to the new custom frimware.

I upscaled it, so everyone should be able to "make out" the video.

This is in download format, so download and just watch the video tutorial and all should be made clear.

Download, Watch and Give Feedback, via Comments

steve-b
December 22nd, 2006, 23:28
all I can make out is the orange power light and some pink splodges...

ExcruciationX
December 22nd, 2006, 23:45
Really? That's bad...

gunntims0103
December 23rd, 2006, 00:08
ExcruciationX you could upload your video via youtube and put the video here it will show, a nice lttle add into the forums!

ExcruciationX
December 23rd, 2006, 03:30
I guess I could, but for now, I'll just keep it posted here.

I made the resolution bigger, so people should be able to watch it now.

BTW, could you post this on the front page? People could use this...

ninja9393
December 23rd, 2006, 03:42
I upgraded to OE yesterday and it all installed smoothly, i am very happy with oe-a and cant wait to use the sony ps1 emulator:D

I am going to check out the vids even though i dont really need them, im kinda bored right now, lol

gunntims0103
December 23rd, 2006, 03:42
I guess I could, but for now, I'll just keep it posted here.

I made the resolution bigger, so people should be able to watch it now.

BTW, could you post this on the front page? People could use this...

I moved this for you bro :)

Great tutorial, im still on 1.5 and wont be using any custom firmware, for 1 im a chicken to mess with psp flash and 2 its still a bit buggy.

Great tutorial for the future 3.01 OE-A users, to get them started :thumbup:

kiore
December 23rd, 2006, 04:19
I updated last night without any bsod messages ???

ExcruciationX
December 23rd, 2006, 04:19
I moved this for you bro :)

Great tutorial, im still on 1.5 and wont be using any custom firmware, for 1 im a chicken to mess with psp flash and 2 its still a bit buggy.

Great tutorial for the future 3.01 OE-A users, to get them started :thumbup:
Thank's! :)

Trust me, it's well worth it. Just use the pack in my sig and you'll be fine!

ExcruciationX
December 23rd, 2006, 04:25
Hmm... That's weird.

It only happened when I went into "System Settings".

I'm here to answer anyone's questions, that they have, so ask away! :)

(Sorry for the double post...)

kiariki
December 23rd, 2006, 04:33
Dude, I'm sorry to nitpick but... Your video has terrible lighting. And like someone before me said, I could only see the brighter lights. You may wanna... fix that... If you feel like it :P

ExcruciationX
December 23rd, 2006, 04:42
Dude, I'm sorry to nitpick but... Your video has terrible lighting. And like someone before me said, I could only see the brighter lights. You may wanna... fix that... If you feel like it :P
Well, I can't now.

EDIT: Oh, I thought you meant my crappy camera.

No, I meant it this way, so you are paying more attention to the screen.

It's also meant to hide my reflection.

Jmax
December 23rd, 2006, 04:47
Lol, I thought you bricked you PSP for a sec, with that bsod :P

ExcruciationX
December 23rd, 2006, 04:52
Lol, I thought you bricked you PSP for a sec, with that bsod :P
Well, I knew I didn't, so I just said "Okay then."

the_eternal_dark
December 23rd, 2006, 06:42

Yeah, none of my updates (4 of them) had the BSOD either.

I wonder why so many people are having those problems.

ExcruciationX, the vid looks a bit better now. Good job!

ExcruciationX
December 23rd, 2006, 07:22
Thank's guys for the great feedback!

dejkirkby
December 23rd, 2006, 08:56
E-X you are an absolute star. The best way for noobs to get into the world of homebrew. Thanks for this (on behalf of the noobs).

kiariki
December 23rd, 2006, 15:42
Well, I can't now.

EDIT: Oh, I thought you meant my crappy camera.

No, I meant it this way, so you are paying more attention to the screen.

It's also meant to hide my reflection.

Oh. Heh heh... In that case, it works pretty well, ROFL! XD I'm still a bit chicken as people have said that there's things missing and stuff...

Either way, it was terribly nice of you to have done something like this! :P

the_eternal_dark
December 23rd, 2006, 17:17
Oh. Heh heh... In that case, it works pretty well, ROFL! XD I'm still a bit chicken as people have said that there's things missing and stuff...
Either way, it was terribly nice of you to have done something like this! :P

Not anything you can't live without though. The easy installer by Chaos Zero is pretty much noob proof, so you may want to try that if you decide to give it a go with 3.02OE-A, just remember to have a recovery folder set up afterwards and you'll be fine.

Manual install is very easy as well, just follow the read me, it's pretty straight forward.

acn010
December 23rd, 2006, 17:39
so dark lol. good tutorial

ExcruciationX
December 23rd, 2006, 19:46
E-X you are an absolute star. The best way for noobs to get into the world of homebrew. Thanks for this (on behalf of the noobs).

I'm a star? Is it the song or the tuts?

Sure anything for the scene. :)

Gizmo356 actually has a copy of my avatar, autographed by me.

ExcruciationX
December 25th, 2006, 04:21
Bump, to keep my thread in the limelight, so people that need help can ask for it.

Please comment!!!

Squidman
December 25th, 2006, 04:54
UR VID SUX IN QUALITY!, lol, srry bout that, but it does, it's helpful for those ppls who don't understand this.

for those who r "squeamish" on portant file for flashing [the DATA.DXAR], here's a special YouTube presentation i found today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWCkm49izds&NR
this is basically the same thing, but the full process on how to do it....and better quality:p
just for those paranoid conspirists who don't trust the pack that u created EX

sadly i can't use OE-A......mi LCD screen is destroyed to hell, and i haven't found time to fix it yet...so what am i missing?

xcjzerox
December 25th, 2006, 06:44
ExcruciationX I have one question are you a alien or do you like aliens are they real or not lol ja

ExcruciationX
December 25th, 2006, 07:29
UR VID SUX IN QUALITY!, lol, srry bout that, but it does, it's helpful for those ppls who don't understand this.

for those who r "squeamish" on portant file for flashing [the DATA.DXAR], here's a special YouTube presentation i found today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWCkm49izds&NR
this is basically the same thing, but the full process on how to do it....and better quality:p
just for those paranoid conspirists who don't trust the pack that u created EX

sadly i can't use OE-A......mi LCD screen is destroyed to hell, and i haven't found time to fix it yet...so what am i missing?

And... Why did you post this in my thread?

Who the fuçking hell cares about video quality??? It gets the point across!

This is about MY tutorial! Who cares about someone else's??? :mad:

From "ur" typing, you sound like an idiotic moron, that has nothing else better to do then to make my tutorial look bad!

And oh no! You're damn PSP screen is broken?

Serves you right, ßastard. :mad:

ExcruciationX
December 25th, 2006, 07:35
ExcruciationX I have one question are you a alien or do you like aliens are they real or not lol ja
Am I an alien... Yep, look at my hands.

Are they real? Yes. I've seen their craft on numerous occasions.

burnlove
December 25th, 2006, 19:22
hey,
the read me says
"Get the 1.50 and 3.02 sony updaters in the oeupdmaker folder with the names "150.PBP" and "302.PBP".
where are those files?
sorry if it's a dumb question but my gf just gave me a psp. Current firmware 1.5

burnlove
December 25th, 2006, 19:23
nevermind the youtube video explains it

Wedge
December 26th, 2006, 02:35
ExcruciationX thanks so much for the video and pack :-)
it was a stress free experience!

Squidman
December 26th, 2006, 03:13
And... Why did you post this in my thread?

Who the fuçking hell cares about video quality??? It gets the point across!

This is about MY tutorial! Who cares about someone else's??? :mad:

From "ur" typing, you sound like an idiotic moron, that has nothing else better to do then to make my tutorial look bad!

And oh no! You're damn PSP screen is broken?

Serves you right, ßastard. :mad:

dude, calm the hell down...i was joking, hence the "lol" i typed

as i said, for those that are squeamish and paranoid about the file that you posted. I understand that it's "your" tutorial, just saying that the one i posted goes more indepth to the process for those that are equally curious.

and i'm not making "your" tutorial look bad, i'm adding to it, evn the greatest of ppl in a certain field of expertise can use a little help, and as "you" see above, it has helped someone, a "n00b-question" yes, but hey, it did it's job, so please don't discriminate against the help "you" recieve, just fecking appriciate it no matter how miniscule it may be

so now that we're all "dandy" what am i missing out on?

ExcruciationX
December 26th, 2006, 18:43
ExcruciationX thanks so much for the video and pack :-)
it was a stress free experience!
Sure. :)

dude, calm the hell down...i was joking, hence the "lol" i typed

as i said, for those that are squeamish and paranoid about the file that you posted. I understand that it's "your" tutorial, just saying that the one i posted goes more indepth to the process for those that are equally curious.

and i'm not making "your" tutorial look bad, i'm adding to it, evn the greatest of ppl in a certain field of expertise can use a little help, and as "you" see above, it has helped someone, a "n00b-question" yes, but hey, it did it's job, so please don't discriminate against the help "you" recieve, just fecking appriciate it no matter how miniscule it may be

so now that we're all "dandy" what am i missing out on?
Fine. I just thought you were being a jackass, since you said "UR VIDEO SUX IN QUALITY" which is kind of jackassy.

What are you missing out on? It's just 3.02, with homebrew support.

Squidman
December 30th, 2006, 00:00
aaaahhh, kk, not much then, lol, but MGS1....on the go, hells yes

and a noob question for mi friend who's bidding on psp's from ebay...does this work for TA-082's?...he's like...wiggn' out on wanting this to work [[especially since he wants me to help with all of it from downdating to going to 3.02OE]], so simple question cause i haven't had time to find ne thing about it

Squidman
December 30th, 2006, 00:00
Sorry 'bout the double post

ayhoung
December 30th, 2006, 11:49
thanks for the vid man
im happy

ExcruciationX
December 31st, 2006, 13:58
thanks for the vid man
im happy
Glad to help. :)

aaaahhh, kk, not much then, lol, but MGS1....on the go, hells yes

and a noob question for mi friend who's bidding on psp's from ebay...does this work for TA-082's?...he's like...wiggn' out on wanting this to work [[especially since he wants me to help with all of it from downdating to going to 3.02OE]], so simple question cause i haven't had time to find ne thing about it

Actually, YES, it does! :D
A TA-82 Downgrader came out a few days ago!

You must downgrade to 1.50, before you can upgrade though.

I'll see if I can locate a pack for you.

Vega
December 31st, 2006, 14:57
Nice job EX. Lurve these videos that you make, keep up the great work

ExcruciationX
December 31st, 2006, 16:25
Nice job EX. Lurve these videos that you make, keep up the great work
Hey, I try. :)

Squidman
December 31st, 2006, 20:50
Actually, YES, it does! :D
A TA-82 Downgrader came out a few days ago!

You must downgrade to 1.50, before you can upgrade though.

I'll see if I can locate a pack for you.

are you $hiting me?!?!?! cool, mi friends gonna be happy, cause i read on PSP-Hacks that it's not possible, lol, thnx for the answer.

btw: i also just helped mi friend with his PSP 2.71->1.50->3.02OE-A/B [[different friend]], so where do u put the PSX games on the memstick [[sorry, i've been a little off the scene ever since my damn screen broke....

btw2[[lol 2]]: pack? like for what downgrading/installing?..i already got it working as you read above

ExcruciationX
January 1st, 2007, 06:38
are you $hiting me?!?!?! cool, mi friends gonna be happy, cause i read on PSP-Hacks that it's not possible, lol, thnx for the answer.

btw: i also just helped mi friend with his PSP 2.71->1.50->3.02OE-A/B [[different friend]], so where do u put the PSX games on the memstick [[sorry, i've been a little off the scene ever since my damn screen broke....

btw2[[lol 2]]: pack? like for what downgrading/installing?..i already got it working as you read above
Nope, I'm not kidding. :D You must have read an outdated article from Psp-Hacks, since they don't update them usually.

Answer for Paragraph 2: That is one thing I have no clue on. I never owned a PSone, so I haven't spent time figuring out how. I know there is a tut around that tells you how to do it.

Answer for Paragraph 3: I meant a pack for the TA-82 downgrader. There are lots around. I'm sure you (or me) can locate one easily.

Exoskeletor
January 1st, 2007, 17:03
Is there any way to the future to install popstation without having to change the firmware?

Squidman
January 1st, 2007, 17:46
Is there any way to the future to install popstation without having to change the firmware?

Popstation is a program on your computer, you don't need to change anything on you PSP to use Popstation.....you just need to "obtain" the Keys.bin from Hotshots Golf and the .pbp for it......but honestly...i don't know how to get either of those w/out a PS3

if you have a 1.50FW PSP, there is a PS1 emulator that was released a while ago, and you can just use the ISO form instead of the .pbp form with that

Nope, I'm not kidding. :D You must have read an outdated article from Psp-Hacks, since they don't update them usually.

Answer for Paragraph 2: That is one thing I have no clue on. I never owned a PSone, so I haven't spent time figuring out how. I know there is a tut around that tells you how to do it.

Answer for Paragraph 3: I meant a pack for the TA-82 downgrader. There are lots around. I'm sure you (or me) can locate one easily.

sweet!, well, PSP-Hacks is good just cause they're organization is better than other sites for files

lol, neither did i, i had a PS2 since launch :thumbup: , so i'll look around for that

ya..i have everything ready and such for him.....tell me, how easy is the downgrade...cause mi friend and i r doing this thru MSN [[he's in NY and i'm kinda not]], he just needs to get the transfer cable!!! :rofl:

Exoskeletor
January 1st, 2007, 18:25
i mean to play psx games with the official sony emulator and to be able to run any 1.50 firmware apps i have.
Is there any way now to install 3.02 and run 1.50 apps?

ExcruciationX
January 1st, 2007, 19:31
i mean to play psx games with the official sony emulator and to be able to run any 1.50 firmware apps i have.
Is there any way now to install 3.02 and run 1.50 apps?
From retail 3.02? No, there is not.

Squidman
January 2nd, 2007, 04:47
OH!...btw EX...3.02OE did work on mi friends TA-082 :thumbup:

ExcruciationX
January 2nd, 2007, 05:06
OH!...btw EX...3.02OE did work on mi friends TA-082 :thumbup:
Good! I'm glad to help. :)

Squidman
January 4th, 2007, 01:41
.....ne1 know where i can get an MGS1 NTSC ISO? i have the game....just IsoBuster is bitching about it cause it's a "little" dirty......and when i meen dirty..i meen i bought it used and it appears to have milk stains on it, works fine in mi PS2...

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 03:13
.....ne1 know where i can get an MGS1 NTSC ISO? i have the game....just IsoBuster is bitching about it cause it's a "little" dirty......and when i meen dirty..i meen i bought it used and it appears to have milk stains on it, works fine in mi PS2...
Actually, Yes I do. :D

Expect a PM.

Squidman
January 4th, 2007, 03:21
score

ExcruciationX
January 4th, 2007, 03:25
score
I can get you other PS1 games if you want. ;)

Triv1um
February 12th, 2007, 13:38
i am running 1.5

If i do this, i can play umd games too?

dejkirkby
February 12th, 2007, 13:49
I can get you other PS1 games if you want. ;)

I would be very surprised if you don't pick up an infraction for this bro.

Triv1um
February 12th, 2007, 14:13
Yes, sorted.. Its great.

Thank you very much

jerome_8976
March 20th, 2007, 13:55
Soon after the release of 3.02 OE-A, I, ExcruciationX, from our very own forums, has made a video tutorial, for people to understand and make it a bit easy to upgrade to the new custom frimware.

I upscaled it, so everyone should be able to "make out" the video.

This is in download format, so download and just watch the video tutorial and all should be made clear.

Download, Watch and Give Feedback, via Comments
im new hear sir, and i bought a new psp. i want to customize it but i dont know how? can u please help me on how to? i toggle with flash0 and downloaded a gameboot.pmg and replace it. now everytime i open a game there is no more sound coming out.. did i do something wrong? please...please...please...

jerome_8976
March 20th, 2007, 13:57
m new hear sir, and i bought a new psp. i want to customize it but i dont know how? can u please help me on how to? i toggle with flash0 and downloaded a gameboot.pmg and replace it. now everytime i open a game there is no more sound coming out.. did i do something wrong? please...please...please...

ExcruciationX
March 20th, 2007, 15:32
What firmware are you running?

SadSad
October 9th, 2007, 20:11
Hey there,

Sorry for writing it like this, but i was trying to figure out how to downgrade my psp etc since I guess its just the way I read it, but i got confuzzled lol.

I currently have firmware version 3.40 OE-A, is this a good thing and is it possible for me to be able to run this popstation?

Im trying to play some old playstation games they havent created for the psp yet and my current homebrew doesnt allow it i thinks.

Thanks again.