PDA

View Full Version : I just got my first Dreamcast

jwilds73
December 23rd, 2006, 02:23
Well I came across this site originally for my PSP but have always browse the other forums. But finally I have purchased my first Dreamcast. I made sure it was a 1999 production year unit and got three games and two controllers and a vmu for it for $65.00. I can't wait to figure out emulation on it and other stuff. :D

Mark30001
December 23rd, 2006, 02:43
Well where the hell have you been? :D

JKKDARK
December 23rd, 2006, 04:36
First of all, congratulations! Welcome to the club :)

jwilds73
December 23rd, 2006, 14:09
Thanks guys, the DC games I got so far are TimeStalkers, Crazy Taxi and Sonic Shuffle. They didn't have alot that appealed to me at the place I got the system (to many sports titles). Anyway's I will slowly aquire more titles to my liking.

JKKDARK
December 23rd, 2006, 15:17
Sonic Shuffle is a funny game in multi-player mode, ver addictive for me.
TimeStalkers, not a bad rpg. But if you love rpg's, you must get Skies Of Arcadia and Grandia 2. These games really kicks ass :D

My recommendations:
Sonic Adventure: The top Dreamcast game and the best Sonic ever released in the 3D era.
Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2: 3 words.. get them now.
Phantasy Star Online Version 2: Wonderful RPG, just a little different. It's like an Action/rpg, arg I don't know how to say it. Also there is a version 1, but if you are not fan of the serie, get only the version 2.
Unreal Tournament: It's like the old Unreal Tournament for PC.
Resident Evil Code: Veronica: A lot better than the PS2 version. Graphics kick ass in the Dreamcast version.
Soul Calibur: What can I say about this game? Wonderful graphics, a nice 3D fighting.

Accesories that you need to get:
S. Video cable: like in any other console, you get a better quality. And it's very cheap.

SSaxdude
December 23rd, 2006, 15:58
^^ Those games are good Dreamcast games, but I'd also recommend Jet Grind Radio, Rez, Ikaruga, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, and Sega Smash Pack.

lemmiwinks
December 27th, 2006, 01:16
I'd also recommend Virtua Tennis 2.

VampDude
December 27th, 2006, 04:59
Well I came across this site originally for my PSP but have always browse the other forums. But finally I have purchased my first Dreamcast. I made sure it was a 1999 production year unit and got three games and two controllers and a vmu for it for $65.00. I can't wait to figure out emulation on it and other stuff. :D

I got my 2nd Dreamcast with 5 games 2 controlers and 1 VMU for £20 on ebay, which is less than what you paid for yours! lol

JKKDARK
December 27th, 2006, 05:04
Yeah, bu it's your second. You know perfectly the prices :p

VampDude
December 27th, 2006, 05:17
Yeah, bu it's your second. You know perfectly the prices :p

yup, im gonna get my 3rd for £6 (£12 inc p&p) in little less than 11hours if no one outbids me. but it does'nt come with anything except the console and gamepad, which is a downer but I have spare of everything except an RGB lead which I can get cheaply :p

jwilds73
December 28th, 2006, 13:58
yeah but I bought mine locally and was able to test the unit in the store prior to purchase and look it over fully before commiting. So the extra cash I spent because of buying it from a store front is fine I think.

curt_grymala
December 28th, 2006, 14:12
As was already said, welcome to the club. Now you need to head on over to DCEvo and download that new Quake image. :)

I really don't think $65.00 was all that much extra to pay for something you bought in-store. I paid about $35.00 for each of my additional 3 units (with no extras), but, like you said, I was able to test them out, and make sure they worked the way I wanted them to.

Jet Grind Radio and Soul Calibur are awesome. Obviously, it should go without saying that Sonic Adventure is a necessity. You may want to give E.G.G. a shot. It's kind of fun.