PDA

View Full Version : Confirmination, yeah PS1 games DO WORK ON THE PSP!! (3.02OE-A )

Tetris999
December 23rd, 2006, 04:29
to whom it may concern, yeah the playstation one games DO WORK on the psp, ive tried crash bandicoot myself and it works, full speed, full sound its awsome

now heres the cool part, that hack they, i forgot the name and its a bin file, Works what does this mean? the game can work for an INFINITE amount of people sweet huh?

So Stop Reading and upgrade to 3.02 OE-A you sissy

(joking)

gunntims0103
December 23rd, 2006, 04:31
tetris you have a ps3 to get the ps1 games on your psp???

This is great news! hopefully in the future maybe devhook will have the same ability :)

ExcruciationX
December 23rd, 2006, 04:41
You have a PS3?

lmtlmt
December 23rd, 2006, 04:48
you dont need a ps3 thats to download them(unless you have torrent)

Tetris999
December 23rd, 2006, 05:27
Im from canada what do you think?

Vendeta
December 23rd, 2006, 05:36
U-U-U live.... was wondering were u went man.... hey go on msn....

ExcruciationX
December 23rd, 2006, 06:20
Im from canada what do you think?
That's not what I meant.

It's just hard to get you're hands on them these days.

cloud_952
December 23rd, 2006, 06:34
My brother has a PS3. >_> Must.. get.. the bandicoot.

I hope they actually have good PSX games for the PSP one of these days. -_-;

lmtlmt
December 23rd, 2006, 06:43
the games are at full speed and gizmo is going to post a video to prove it in a few moments :D

gunntims0103
December 23rd, 2006, 06:52
geez i think my UMD drive is broken because no games are working while running devhook or even on my 1.5, o well.

I can't wait to see the video from gizmo. :D

AtariFreek
December 23rd, 2006, 07:05
lol, Canada is awesome eh bro? What part u in? I'm in Calgary.

lmtlmt
December 23rd, 2006, 07:57
gizmo was having trouble uploading, it will be here soon

Vendeta
December 23rd, 2006, 07:59
AtariFreak.... u like 30 min from me.... never thought there was much canadians on this site... nvm ones from calgary... i go to calgary lots my parents go in every day for work.... CRAZY

AtariFreek
December 23rd, 2006, 08:13
Weird bro! I thought i was one of the only calgarians on this site.

Tetris999
December 23rd, 2006, 08:18
yup me too i lived in Calgary for 5 years :p and i visted edmonton

im in B.C. now though :p

mesosade
December 23rd, 2006, 10:11
Somehow I get the idea we're all going to be talking about where we live now :) well anyway great news shame my psp broke recently (donating to Zion) Anticipating any videos! :D

gamerremag
December 23rd, 2006, 16:57
*shiver* canadians....

YOU TAKE AWAY BESS EATON!!!! I DONT WANT TIM HORTONS!!! AAAAAHHHHH!

you dont need a ps3 thats to download them(unless you have torrent)

i thought that the ps3 streamed them to the psp?

gdf
December 23rd, 2006, 17:03
eh? how do you get the games or more to the point where?

mikebeaver
December 23rd, 2006, 18:59
You need to have a PS3 if you want to download the games legally.
It stores the game on the PS3 and you download it to the PSP from there, officially it only allows you to place it on a few PSP's, with the hack in OE-A you can share it an unlimited amount of times.

cha0ticbliss
December 23rd, 2006, 20:11
hmm... I suppose the psp mag I was reading got their info from someone posing as a Sony guy. They stated that you could download from the internet, but I guess not.

acn010
December 23rd, 2006, 20:20
those ps1 games are gonna be spread like crazy, trust me, theregonna be thee games online for free

Mr.Denny
December 23rd, 2006, 20:48
Anyone looking to find some Ps1 games can PM me if they want.

gdf
December 23rd, 2006, 20:49
i knew you needed a ps3 to get the games but i wasn't sure about with OE. so, again, what's the point in OE if you have 1.5 + latest devhook. yknow, what are the advantages. (please dont think im being disrespectful)

gamerremag
December 23rd, 2006, 20:53
uh, you can play backups throught the xmb (in the game folder)

i was all over 1.5, i didnt like 2.71Se, but not having to go through devhook to get to 3.02 is awesome...it saves you like 20 min. even with harleyg (dont know if it spelt right) you had to w8 for ever for the psp to read the memorystick

althena77
December 23rd, 2006, 20:54
Hmm, I upgraded to 3.02 OE-A but it seems PS1 are not working there for me. I tried Syphon Filter and it appears in the game list, but when I try to start it, nothing happens. I only see the background of my PSP with the waving lines after that (the lines still move) but I can't do anything else and have to reboot my PSP.
I made sure, that the standard game folder is set to run games with 3.02 kernel and I even formatted my ms after reading that this might help for PS1 games.
Any ideas what else I might do or have forgotten?

gdf
December 23rd, 2006, 21:01
devhook dont take 20 mins man! more like 30 seconds. apart from that are there any advantages.

buru898
December 23rd, 2006, 23:38
I got a question: When you download a ps1 game, what files should be in there and where do I put the files at in my psp to play the games? I'm going to be testing right now where to put it... no one states where they go :(?

gamerremag
December 24th, 2006, 02:57
the game file should go in the GAME directory :p

lmtlmt
December 24th, 2006, 03:25
you get 3 files for the offilial emulator to play them
and you put the file that will be named something like this and it goes in the game folderhttp://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2207/yrhmukr9.png

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/7468/crwax9.png

lmtlmt
December 24th, 2006, 03:27
if you download iso's they wont work in the sony ps1 emulator

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 04:32
Anyone looking to find some Ps1 games can PM me if they want.

Rules are rules bro, sorry but i have to give you an infraction. You can't openly say you will tell where to find ps1 games via pm. Thats basically pirating indirectly.

--back on topic--

buru898
December 24th, 2006, 05:00
Hmm, ok thanks for telling me. Uhh so the only way to get ps1 games for the psp is throught the ps3 right? Is there a list to how much ps1 games they put playable on the psp?

gamerremag
December 24th, 2006, 05:14
if you download iso's they wont work in the sony ps1 emulator

yeah they have to be a eboot.pbp file

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 05:20
Hmm, ok thanks for telling me. Uhh so the only way to get ps1 games for the psp is throught the ps3 right? Is there a list to how much ps1 games they put playable on the psp?

heres a list of ps1 games for the psp that i know of

ff7
tekken2
crash bandicoot
syphon filter

there are ways to get ps1 games for the psp with out a ps3 but again its called pirating and you will have to find out on your own.

gamerremag
December 24th, 2006, 05:22
they hav that snowboarding game...

AHHH cool boarders

i didnt know that they had ff7 for downloading...

also, hot shots golf 2 (i think) is available

Gizmo356
December 24th, 2006, 05:23
Yeah we cant help you with that here:rolleyes:

DCGohan
December 24th, 2006, 05:26
Hmm, I upgraded to 3.02 OE-A but it seems PS1 are not working there for me. I tried Syphon Filter and it appears in the game list, but when I try to start it, nothing happens. I only see the background of my PSP with the waving lines after that (the lines still move) but I can't do anything else and have to reboot my PSP.
I made sure, that the standard game folder is set to run games with 3.02 kernel and I even formatted my ms after reading that this might help for PS1 games.
Any ideas what else I might do or have forgotten?

Finally!!! someone has the same problem as me.... jeez, took me all day to find this.
But now is there anyone out there who knows why this is happening?

buru898
December 24th, 2006, 05:31
I never had that problem, sorry can't help.

Yeah I know that's why I didn't ask for any ;p. But uhh I don't know if I can or can't ask this question but is there some way that if you own a ps1 game that you could turn it into an eboot for the psp? I got some games I wouldn't mind playing on my psp ;p.

althena77
December 24th, 2006, 06:11
Finally!!! someone has the same problem as me.... jeez, took me all day to find this.
But now is there anyone out there who knows why this is happening?

I read in another forum, that some memory sticks might cause problems, but those were usually 4GB ones. What ms do you use, I use a 2GB one from Sony?

I still couldn't fix the problem, but again here is what I did:

-I installed 3.02 OE-A on my PSP and it worked without any problems
-I formated my ms to make sure it is not fragmented too much (after reading that this might also keep PS1 games from running)
-In the recovery mode of the FW I made sure the games in PSP/GAME are run with 3.02 kernel
-I copied the PS1 game in there (it is not an ISO but in eboot.pbp, document.dat, key.bin format)
-I double checked the name of the folder (SCE...)

But still when I run the game from XMB my PSP simply hangs even without giving me an error message. I only see the background of the XMB and can't do anything except rebooting my PSP.

Any ideas?

DCGohan
December 24th, 2006, 06:17
I read in another forum, that some memory sticks might cause problems, but those were usually 4GB ones. What ms do you use, I use a 2GB one from Sony?

I still couldn't fix the problem, but again here is what I did:

-I installed 3.02 OE-A on my PSP and it worked without any problems
-I formated my ms to make sure it is not fragmented too much (after reading that this might also keep PS1 games from running)
-In the recovery mode of the FW I made sure the games in PSP/GAME are run with 3.02 kernel
-I copied the PS1 game in there (it is not an ISO but in eboot.pbp, document.dat, key.bin format)
-I double checked the name of the folder (SCE...)

But still when I run the game from XMB my PSP simply hangs even without giving me an error message. I only see the background of the XMB and can't do anything except rebooting my PSP.

Any ideas?

I use SanDisk 4gb, and I always have problems when upgrading to new things, such as XFlash, when i first got it, and tried it for 1.5, gameboots wouldn't flash, then when I first upgraded to 2.71 SE-C, same thing. And now this... I really have no clue why it's not working, but there's only ONE solution left to try, downgrade to 1.5 the reflash it. If that don't work, then I guess we are stuck.

Ok, my final solution to downgrade to 1.5 has worked(after upping to 2.0, then back to 1.5, then back to 3.02 OE) So I suggest you try that out.
Oh yea, and the folder has to be the SCUS w/e, for me anyway.

penileartery
December 24th, 2006, 06:27
sweet, ima purchase some ps1 games and give this a go

buru898
December 24th, 2006, 06:57
I'm waiting for SoTN :).

SSaxdude
December 24th, 2006, 07:19
Crash Bandicoot and Hot Shots Golf 2 work fine for me.

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 07:25
:D

Iv got crash bandicoot and syphon filter

althena77
December 24th, 2006, 07:53
I use SanDisk 4gb, and I always have problems when upgrading to new things, such as XFlash, when i first got it, and tried it for 1.5, gameboots wouldn't flash, then when I first upgraded to 2.71 SE-C, same thing. And now this... I really have no clue why it's not working, but there's only ONE solution left to try, downgrade to 1.5 the reflash it. If that don't work, then I guess we are stuck.

Ok, my final solution to downgrade to 1.5 has worked(after upping to 2.0, then back to 1.5, then back to 3.02 OE) So I suggest you try that out.
Oh yea, and the folder has to be the SCUS w/e, for me anyway.

Well, my PS1 games are working fine now too and I also found out why they first did not work:D
Seems that the PS1 emulator doesn't like custom bootsounds, or at least some of them. I changed with the latest 3.02 OE Customizer from Bad_Boy my bootsound and gameboot video. No problems with the gameboot video but if I change the bootsound (opening_plugin.rco) the PS1 games won't start anymore.

mcvader
December 24th, 2006, 20:02
Shame there has only been a few ps1 games released so far, I'd expect sony to release a new fw and force us to upgrade to play any new ps1 games they release :(

AtariFreek
December 24th, 2006, 20:29
I've got Crash, Coolboarders and Syphon Filter. I want ffvii

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 20:32
Shame there has only been a few ps1 games released so far, I'd expect sony to release a new fw and force us to upgrade to play any new ps1 games they release :(

well 3.02OE-A has decripted the ps1 emu so any ps1 game that sony puts out we can now play them, and i dout that they will update the security on it. I mean how could they? Now we can share the games as well (behind closed doors). I dont condone doing that however.

BTW, i have crash bandicoot, syphon filter, and tekken 2 :D

Does anyone know all the ps1 games for the psp out so far?

splodger15
December 24th, 2006, 20:35
I want to get tekken 2 for the PS1 emu

cha0ticbliss
December 24th, 2006, 20:45
I think that they will upgrade the emu to be more compatible with other games.

Sony is really cracking down on illegal downloading of ps1 games that were just released. Watch out for their ip, 222.123.96.86. (222.123.000.000 - 222.123.255.255 is their ip range for hong kong) So far they have only given warnings of a "$400,000 fine", but don't be stupid like some who reply with insults....

I myself don't condone downloading illegal games, but considering the only psx games I download will be for nostalgia, I will already own the game. It really is bull that you have to pay 15 AND own a ps3. I think that they should at least make it available online and have some authentification service that if you have a ps1 disc in your ps3, you can download that EBOOT for free.

splodger15
December 24th, 2006, 20:50
They may catch a few sites but they wont catch torrents

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 20:56
They may catch a few sites but they wont catch torrents

Yea i don't think they will catch torrents as so many i think got there ps1 games from there. Yea they probally will update the ps1 emu to support more games. Also when doing this sony will probally stop the share games ability that 3.02OE-A users enjoy.

again does anyone know a list of ps1 games for the psp out so far?

splodger15
December 24th, 2006, 21:02
These ones here

Hot shots golf 2
Crash Bandicoot
Cool Boarders
Syphon Filter
Tekken 2
BioHazard
Medievil

cha0ticbliss
December 25th, 2006, 07:05
Torrents aren't safe. If you seed you can definitely be caught, not sure about dowloading.

They even have programs that disconnect you if you connect to a specified ip range/number for that very reason.

xtreameracer01
December 25th, 2006, 08:16
Torrents aren't safe. If you seed you can definitely be caught, not sure about dowloading.

They even have programs that disconnect you if you connect to a specified ip range/number for that very reason.

Thats why you dont seed.....lol.......but i have tried the ps1 games and there not bad, the list is small to chose from but there ok.....Crash Bandicoot is the shit.....so is Tekken 2