PDA

View Full Version : Web browsers?

drfsupercenter
December 23rd, 2006, 04:02
I know this has probably been answered a million times.

I am getting a Supercard (SD) for Christmas, and am going to England, and was going to take the card with me.

I want to be able to check email and go online with it.

I know you can't run Opera because of the RAM issue.

I could get Linux to work using an SSH connection.

But anything that works with pictures?

Joel92
December 24th, 2006, 00:44
ok, here is whats up. there is a homebrew stand alone webbrowser called okiwi coming out in a bit. dont ask me when, i dont know. go here for more information - www.okiwi.blogspot.com

and as for ds linux, the text based browser is all they have so far... but they are coming out with another web browser very soon called links webbrowser, which does support images and graphics. also, the opera browser has been cracked to work on flashcarts.... but you need both a slot 1 and slot 2 flash carts EX, a ds extreme and a supercard lite

thats all the information i have to offer at the time being.

drfsupercenter
December 24th, 2006, 02:40
All I have is Supercard SD and Superkey.

And what do you mean by "soon"? I am going to England on the 28th as a school trip, and want to get online with it.

Although maybe a store there will sell Opera LOL.

Okiwi is not out yet, so it does me no good :P

Do you know if NDSMail works well for checking emails?

And I have DSLinux, but it's a shame there are no images, as the sites I go to use images.

DanTheManMS
December 25th, 2006, 17:07
DSLinux already has Links in it, at least in the RAM builds, which you should be using if you have the normal SC SD (and not the Rumble series). There's a guy working on getting images enabled in it, but it's slow progress. I too will be going to England for a school trip on the 27th, and I'm bringing my DS as well. I was thinking the same thing as you, perhaps buying the Opera browser in England, heh.

I haven't used NDSMail, although I probably should, as attempting to login to a secure site (Yahoo Mail) in Links crashes the entire thing.

drfsupercenter
December 26th, 2006, 15:18
NDSMail asks for a smtp and pop3 login... AFAIK Yahoo can't do that?

I could probably set my Gmail up with it, no?

Joel92
December 27th, 2006, 16:51
i would suggest these programs for the best wifi experience with the DS so far:

*beup live! final fixed version
*NDSMail
*DS linux w/ webbrowser
*DS Live weather
*DS Live Hotspots
*Wifi voice chat client or Hello DS

.:roque:.
December 27th, 2006, 19:17
urrrmmmm yes urrrmmmm hello i was wondering how to run the retawq web browser now that i saw this post because the file is not an .NDS file its a .GZ so how to execute it? please help me and another howthe heck do u post a new thread?

Joel92
December 29th, 2006, 03:44
urrrmmmm yes urrrmmmm hello i was wondering how to run the retawq web browser now that i saw this post because the file is not an .NDS file its a .GZ so how to execute it? please help me and another howthe heck do u post a new thread?

you have got A LOT to learn. oh, and please dont say "urrrrrrmmmmm" anymore... hah.

anyways, the retawq browser is a .GZ file because it can only be executed in Dslinux, which is a port of the well known OS, linux (it is only text based at this point). the dslinux program comes packaged with the browser right now, but to get it up and running, you need to go through a semi-complicated process to set your ds linux up to your wireless network to get the browser running.

troid
January 2nd, 2007, 14:07
is the okiwi browser going to use dslinux or will it run on a wifi connection?

drfsupercenter
January 7th, 2007, 16:14
beup live! final fixed version
Where do I get that?

And when I was in England I just bought the Opera browser, boy that thing's expensive! Hilarious thing is it makes errors on nintendo.com and they make the thing!

DanTheManMS
January 7th, 2007, 23:09
drfsupercenter, I did the same thing as you when I went to London a week ago, although it's not quite as overpriced to them. 30 pounds is a reasonable price for them, but because of the horrible currency exchange, it costs over $60 for us! Then again, importing it from a website would cost just as much, so it doesn't make much difference really.

drfsupercenter
January 9th, 2007, 02:04
I only wish I didn't have to take my supercard out, that means I have to take the web browser AND supercard wherever I go in order to be a total mobile nerd :P