PDA

View Full Version : Custom Snes Advance Makes you Wish the 16bit era was Back

wraggster
June 22nd, 2012, 00:31
cndowning has posted on Ebay his Custom Made Snes Console with 2 Controllers that have screens built into the Controllers. The console doesnt even require a TV to work, heres a youtube Video of it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVis43-Augkheres more details:The SNES-001 Advance is a custom Original Super Nintendo Entertainment System that has been modified to accept two custom controllers with Audio/Video Capability. Using two custom controller cables, the SNES-001 Advance allows the user to play the unit without the need for a TV.Run completely off the power of the SNES, the controllers have no batteries to change and also have the option to be used with or without the A/V enabled. In other words, it works as a regular controller if you'd like as well as being able to use the TV and both controllers all at the same time.The controller are custom made from scratch, using a Vacuum Formed case mold for the housing and was hand assembled from the cutting of the screen and button holes to the mounting of all the components within. This is a custom product that was not made in a factory or by engineers and was designed as a Collectors Item. The system and controllers are not designed to take abuse! (See Warranty info below)Unit comes encased in a Custom Made Pine Enclosure lined with black felt, a Lexan plastic covering and is LED lit.Items included in this auction:1 Original Modded SNES-001 Unit, NTSC1 Set of A/V Cables and 1 Power Supply1 Power Supply for LED Box2 Custom A/V Controllers2 Custom A/V Controller Cables1 Pine LED lit Storage Case1 Instruction ManualThe entire unit comes with a 30-day craftsmanship Warranty. The fine details are covered in the manual but basically for the first 30 days after the sale day, if there is a malfunction with the unit that occurs under "Normal Playing Conditions" i.e. a controller breaks or component stops working, it may be sent back for repair free of charge, excluding return shipping to the seller. Item will however be shipped back for free."Normal Playing Conditions" exclude abuse, neglect or intentional damage. Swinging the controller around by the cord, squeezing in rage or spilling water or beer will not be covered by the warranty. Having put the units together myself, I know what kind of damage to expect from "Normal Playing Conditions" if any. Though I don't think there would be an issue either way, it's something I have state up front. Any kind of damage can be retuned for repair for a fee dependent on the extent of the damage. I am very reasonable though and will do what I can to make things right should something go wrong.Bottom line, be gentle as the controllers are not indestructible like original hardware.The Console is on Ebay with an auction price of $499 any takers ? --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271001478361&afsrc=1#ht_1011wt_1064