PDA

View Full Version : DevHook Problem... Any Help?

chrono75
December 24th, 2006, 01:51
I have a certain ISO I want to run and for some reason when I use DevHook .51 and boot to any firmware my PSP freezes. It will show the new firmware for a split second then the PSP will freeze. DevHook .41 works great however, I'm not sure what the problem is... I am using firmware 1.5 by the way... I've also tried watching a video tut and using like 3 programs to get eboots 2.71 and 2.8 installed into the DevHook folder but still, no go.

Any help?

gamerremag
December 24th, 2006, 01:55
yea, by .iso i hope you mean backup...

try re-installing everything, the same thing was happening to me when i was trying to get my syphon dark mirror umd to work :)

chrono75
December 24th, 2006, 02:37
Well, now all I get is a black screen when I try using DevHook to boot to 2.8/3.1. Oh well, any more suggstions?

Ohhh yeah, I had to install that DevHook .51 BETA when I installed 3.1 for DevHook. I'm confused as hell and juuussst abut fed up. :( by using some other installer and I just want this damn thing to work!

Anyways, heres the new details:

I set DevHook to boot to version 3.1
When the new firmware boots, it automaticly goes to the ISO game but then the screen turns black and then my PSP turns off. Do you suppose I have a bad dump?

Napalm-Death
December 24th, 2006, 03:09
Set your devhook to boot into the XMB and not load the "UMD". Don't ask me exactly how, I stopped using DH about a week ago. Good luck.

vision
December 24th, 2006, 03:19
Maybe a bad iso ( backup )

gamerremag
December 24th, 2006, 04:19
did you get the f0 and put it in the 3.01 folder, and flash install it?

splodger15
December 24th, 2006, 10:27
Or maybe

ISO talk isnt allowed on the forum

chrono75
December 24th, 2006, 16:57
Well, my ISO is strictly for backup purposes, so don't even go there splodger15 cause DevHook is avail. for download here.

Secondly, when I ran an ISO the game booted but when it asked for me to make a save the game quit. So, I guess I just can run certain game backups.

I can find another ISO cause I copied my real game twice and it did the same thing both times.

Sheeeit.

splodger15
December 24th, 2006, 17:09
Well, my ISO is strictly for backup purposes, so don't even go there splodger15.

How are we supposed to know that.

Just cause we host devhook for download doesnt mean we support the use of ISO's

dejkirkby
December 24th, 2006, 17:12
The EULA says that you can have a back-up of your games IN THE SAME FORMAT. An ISO is not the same format as a UMD so is still illegal.

gamerremag
December 24th, 2006, 17:23
how can you play it in that format?

splodger15
December 24th, 2006, 17:36
The PS1 games are in Eboot format

chrono75
December 24th, 2006, 17:39
So be it... I don't want you guys to patronize me just for asking a question. I just needed some help. I didn't ask wheather or not what I'm doing on my own is legal or illegal. Why did you even go there in the first place? Is there even such a thing as a legal backup?

Anyways, I'm back to square one and my PSP is freezing with all the advice given above done for the second time. Too bad. I might work on it later if someone leaves some more good advice.

gamerremag
December 24th, 2006, 18:48
The EULA says that you can have a back-up of your games IN THE SAME FORMAT. An ISO is not the same format as a UMD so is still illegal.

i meant how can you play in the dumped format

chrono75
December 24th, 2006, 19:16
I'm not exactly sure about the formats and how they work, I'm just trying to get them to work for me. :)

sonic reducer
January 2nd, 2007, 14:51
Ok can anyone help me.. I installed devhook .51 with the installer i found somewhere on the site. And its pretty much ****ed over my psp. I tried using it with wwe smackdown 2006 umd and it bitched and moaned for the most part... the whole to go back to 1.5 and going through a restore mode pissed me off (hope its meant to do that) so i deleated it and tried to go back to devhook .44 (its the only version i had on my computer) and now that wont run.. any ideas.. or am i screwed?