PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike Combined Assault Alpha 0.3 Public Release.

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 16:52
new release via Stealth Kill (http://stealthkill.foren-city.de/topic,58,-counter-trike-combined-assault-alpha-0-3-public-release.html#125)

This is a great looking 3d game that is almost identical to the counter strike we all know and love. There wasnt much instructions on what Stealth Kill has put in his original post but this is what he had to say-

Public release

Weapons
Modells
By Stealth Kill

Map by Duffmann

THX to
GarretPeters

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8648/screen1xz2.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2363/screen2re7.jpg

This file is a bit large just about 28mb so you should have alot of space on your memory stick if you plan on playing this.

This looks really good and It looks like a well polished piece of homebrew. (Apparently its a Quake1 Mod with standalone eboot)

download here (http://rapidshare.com/files/8642314/Ciunter_trike_CombniedAssault_Alpha_0.3_Public.rar .html)

download thru link and give feedback via comment
download via Stealth Kill (http://stealthkill.foren-city.de/topic,58,-counter-trike-combined-assault-alpha-0-3-public-release.html#125)

Xiofire
December 24th, 2006, 17:07
Looks great, will test later
Nice Job

-Xiofire

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 24th, 2006, 17:13
Looks abit rough n ready but hey its free :.

hatebreeder
December 24th, 2006, 17:25
hey this is a quake mod not a brand new piece of homebrew...

the_eternal_dark
December 24th, 2006, 17:34
gunntims0103, is this just a Quake mod? If so, which version of Quake is it available for (as in PSPQuake and so on)?

It looks good, but I think I've seen this before somewhere.

gunntims0103
December 24th, 2006, 17:41
gunntims0103, is this just a Quake mod? If so, which version of Quake is it available for (as in PSPQuake and so on)?

It looks good, but I think I've seen this before somewhere.

Well apparently this is a Quake1 mod. I dont know much about it i just posted it on front news. As it just came out from what the author posted. You dont need pspQuake or anything as i think it its own eboot

the_eternal_dark
December 24th, 2006, 17:46
Well apparently this is a Quake1 mod. I dont know much about it i just posted it on front news. As it just came out from what the author posted. You dont need pspQuake or anything as i think it its own eboot

Sounds even better to me. Thanks! Good find.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 24th, 2006, 18:04
looks ok, i love CS!!!!

Stealth Kill
December 24th, 2006, 18:09
ONline Mode works in the beta version.

the_eternal_dark
December 24th, 2006, 18:28
Hell yeah thanks Stealth Kill!!!!

This will keep everyone from requesting it now in the "Ports" forum.

PSPete
December 24th, 2006, 19:45
looking good

Vendeta
December 24th, 2006, 19:51
can someone upload here... i have exeded my limit on the download site.... plz upload here... i want to try thias soo bad...

voorheesda
December 24th, 2006, 20:10
damn this looks classy :D
good job

siulmagic
December 24th, 2006, 20:17
great game uim try it

kiore
December 24th, 2006, 21:35
28 mb geeezes I'd hate to be on dial-up

PSP 101
December 24th, 2006, 22:01
Looks really good. I might try this later.

Stealth Kill
December 24th, 2006, 22:43
Here is another DL link

http://dl.qj.net/CS-Combined-Assault-Alpha-0.3-General-Games-PSP-Homebrew-Games/pg/12/fid/11904/catid/195

to spwan BOTS try this.

SELECT,SELECT,O,X

or

SELECT,SELECT,X,O

Sharpy
December 24th, 2006, 23:10
looks like you did an awesome job, Stealth Kill, I'll try this out later, thanks.

the_eternal_dark
December 24th, 2006, 23:25
First Dungeons and now Counter Strike.

Homebrew is owning many commercial games now.

F9zDark
December 25th, 2006, 00:16
What a nice christmas gift thanks Stealth Kill :p

Downloaded :)

Sharkey
December 25th, 2006, 03:43
I love FPShooters, I still play the hell out of Doom and Quake psp. I'll definately give this a try, the screens look pretty good. Thanks man. :)

Edit: Ok, I tryed it, pretty nice. Something else I found out was kind of odd I thought.
This download contains the full version of Quake. To get the full Quake to run all I had to do is rename the 33 mb pak that came with the download to "PAK1" and add the shareware Pak0 file. I also renamed the other 2 so they wouldn't interfere. I started it up, and there was Quake psp.

So I guess my question is this, is this a new port of Quake, or is it someone elses that hasn't been credited? Was the mod actually made by you or was it something you just downloaded, threw together with new pics in the eboot. If so, I could have done this, I use a ton of those pak mods with Peters version of Quake. Also, isn't it illegal to share the Full version Pak file? I hate to rain on the parade but the people around here are sticklers for the rules.

Ok I see credits where you made the models and the levels are from someone else. You should include that in a readme, with the other credits, and without the pak file. Just a suggestion.

the_eternal_dark
December 25th, 2006, 11:46
The more I play this game, the more I hate zeusbot.

Nice control scheme, btw. Forgot to mention that earlier.

PeterM
December 26th, 2006, 01:42
So I guess my question is this, is this a new port of Quake, or is it someone elses that hasn't been credited?
If it was mine and Chris Swindle's, I would be annoyed with that.

Also, isn't it illegal to share the Full version Pak file?
Oh yes.

Unfortunately I'm using a computer which can't open RAR files, so I can't check out the game myself at the moment.

I love hobby programming, but if the above is true, this kind of nonsense annoys the heck out of me and makes me want to stop.

Some people either just don't think things through, or have no idea of right and wrong. *sigh*

Sharkey
December 26th, 2006, 07:13
I would hate to lose you over something like this, but I would understand. Most coders simply ask for permission, or at least credit, to use their work. When you can't do something as simple as that it makes it seem as though you are unappreciative.

I hope the creator gets the idea.

PeterM
December 26th, 2006, 12:55
Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I've been really busy with work and uni lately but hopefully I'll get some time to work on Quake some more soon.

Sharkey
December 26th, 2006, 22:57
Well at least some good news comes out of this thread. ;)

I love quake psp the way it is but I would feel greatful for any improvements, alot of us still use it almost daily.

The only idea I can think of is a pak file selector. The Doom psp I use has a wad selector and it makes it easier to use and also carry several mods on your memory stick.

Regardless, I'm still happy with the current version and I understand school/work comes first. Good luck with all that btw, I get pretty busy myself so I know how it can be to juggle work and play time.

CARLOSOAC
December 28th, 2006, 21:27
I want the online mode =)

gpeters
January 1st, 2007, 05:24
If it was mine and Chris Swindle's, I would be annoyed with that.

I believe this to be your engine as well with changed pic and icons.

As for the pak files... unfortunately, I also see this as the original pak files with other files added. Reminds me of an old mod I played called navy seals actually. When I tried the navy seals mod, it was completely unplayable because of the textures and such exceeding the psp's available ram.

CaptainMorgan4
January 1st, 2007, 06:38
Is this an updated version of the Counter Strike homebrew game that came out like a week or so ago?

warcraft
March 1st, 2007, 14:55
Can you guys help me something please I want to know how to download this
"Counter-Strike Combined Assault Alpha 0.3 Public Release"
to the PSP can yu guys help me by step please?

falta7
March 11th, 2007, 10:01
Hi every body, i heard that stealthkill just released Combined Assault Alpha >>>>0.4<<<<< with 2 new maps