PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed...

SavageNick
December 24th, 2006, 17:11
Hey guys - I've had a PSP for over a year now, and I've stuck with good old 1.5 since the beginning, using devhook as needed to run games (GTA VCS being a recent example). Does any1 actually have any reasons why I should bother upgrading to 302OE? My 1.5 does everything that i want and tbh I would need some decent reasons to *permanently* update before I give it a go and (possibly) brick my PSP (Hardware flashing scares the hell outta me).

For example, is there any homebrew I CAN'T use with 302OE? Is there anything I can use with 302oe that I cant do now with 1.5??

Thx guys.

splodger15
December 24th, 2006, 17:17
If you go to 3.02OE you can come back down to 1.5 if you want.

3.02OE is much better.Play your PS1 games without a PS3 Recovery Menu

Launch Homebrew

Lots Lots More

gamerremag
December 24th, 2006, 17:22
yeah i was sticking to 1.5 ,too. i didnt like 2.71 SE at all (not saying it was bad, just wasnt for me). But this....this awesomeness of playing ps1 games perfect (perfect was added because, well it does, and because 1.5 can play ps1 games), it really is worth the update

SavageNick
December 24th, 2006, 18:10
When u say "play ps1 games perfect" do u mean FF7 and FF8 etc? And Im guessing I would have to get hold of the Sony Eboots for those...

splodger15
December 24th, 2006, 18:13
There are only a few games at the moment.But the games are full speed with sound

SavageNick
December 24th, 2006, 18:15
Hmmm extensive googling isn't getting me any results - some1 wanna PM me about "appropriating" the eboots???

gamerremag
December 24th, 2006, 18:44
^do you mean turing a .iso into a .pbp ? if you are, it wouldnt work...the files are specifically customized for the psp. i.e. left on the analogue stick is L2. (well at default settings)

splodger15
December 24th, 2006, 18:49
^do you mean turing a .iso into a .pbp ? if you are, it wouldnt work...the files are specifically customized for the psp. i.e. left on the analogue stick is L2. (well at default settings)

You cant even do that.

Thats why the PS1 GAMES are in EBOOT format

mikebeaver
December 25th, 2006, 12:18
It seems like Dark_Alex is working on a new OE-B, which WILL allow you to use your own PSone games on his custom frimware.