PDA

View Full Version : PSP Dark_AleX releases 3.02 OE-B- Run ANY PSX Game at Full Speed on your PSP

Pages : [1] 2 3

blackrave
December 25th, 2006, 13:36
Dark_AleX has just posted the news about his new revision to the 3.02 OE which lets you run any PSX game on the official emulator by converting a game using the included tool.

Read more info in the readme.

This is the update from OE-A to OE-B.

Place the folder OEB_UPDATE inside /PSP/GAME150 and run it.

The update will take a very little time, since it only updates the files needed.

The new addition of this update is the ability of playing your own psx games, using the provided
tool (popstation) to convert them.

Although, a feature that was in OE-A and i forgot to comment:

You can use plugins in psx games. Just create a file called pops.txt inside seplugins, with the
path of your modules.

Note:Dark_AleX says PAL games can have graphical glitches and screen misplacement, just so you know. I bet this will be fixed later on, though.

Also you must have 3.02OE-A (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-3-02-oe-released-custom-firmware-for-psp-released-46711.html) to update to 3.02OE-B. So if you havent already you must do so to run 3.02OE-B.

All users that are running on a firmware, lets say the official 3.0 firmware you can not update to this custom firmware.

Warning: Flash always risked bricking your psp, so please read the instructions and make sure you have all the nessesary files in the correct places.

A big thanks to Dark Alex!
Via Dark Alex (http://dark-alex.org)

Download and give feedback via comments

opiate81
December 25th, 2006, 13:44
ohhhhhhh yeah I think Im upgrading to oe from 1.5 now
ps1 emulation here I come :D

blackrave
December 25th, 2006, 13:50
Very wise choice, opiate81, I guarantee you that you will not regret.

I'm about to rip Skullmonkeys and Spyro The Dragon as I have so good memories from those games, and try them on the emulator. It's just too bad that they are PAL.

xcjzerox
December 25th, 2006, 13:55
ONE QUESTION WELL THIS WORK ON TA82
I HAVE FW 3.01 if it does I well be so happy and play my favorite psx game lol

THANKS DA

mcvader
December 25th, 2006, 13:55
Awsome, gonna play me some GT :), thanks dax

mikebeaver
December 25th, 2006, 14:00
Yep, just got back from opening my gifts and ound this news, hurah..best christmas gift ever :)

tuta
December 25th, 2006, 14:18
DAX is GOD I am playing final fantasy tactics full speed with sound

Napalm-Death
December 25th, 2006, 14:31
It's a great wake-up gift! XD

cloud_952
December 25th, 2006, 14:32
I.. I feel like crying. ;_; This is so awesome!

I was going to buy a 2 gig stick for after Christmas, but I really think I'm going to buy a 4 gig now. To be able to play full speed PSX on the go? Yep, need 4gigs of PSX games. o_o YES. Chocobo's Racing, here I come.

xcjzerox
December 25th, 2006, 14:35
all of you people are happy I see this and I was happy well now I realize that my psp is ta82 and nowhere said it works or don't work on ta82 plus I have Fw 3.01
I need help Id want to brick my psp
thanks Again da

bullhead
December 25th, 2006, 14:39
And this is an official release?

cloud_952
December 25th, 2006, 14:42
all of you people are happy I see this and I was happy well now I realize that my psp is ta82 and nowhere said it works or don't work on ta82 plus I have Fw 3.01
thanks Again da

THere's good news and there's bad news.

The good news is that you can't brick your PSP. ^_^
The bad news is that you can't brick it because you can't run any of these programs. You need to be able to downgrade to 1.50 to install 3.02OE. You're on an official firmware and on too high of a mobo.

I'm sorry to say, but for now, no, you can't run this.

xcjzerox
December 25th, 2006, 14:50
Wtf Why Doesn"t Dark Alex Work On Other Mother Mobo And Fw I So F@@@ Mad

appie01
December 25th, 2006, 14:56
i dont get it keeps telling me cannot open
mgs.iso
mgs.bin:confused:

Edshugeo
December 25th, 2006, 15:18
I'll be contributing a little to Dark Alex's PayPal account, later. Thanks for everything.

Maybe one of those coders who were working on the homebrew PS1 emulators could do a 3DO one instead.

canwemakelove
December 25th, 2006, 15:23
yehh baby

gunntims0103
December 25th, 2006, 15:24
I moved this to the psp news forum, great job to dark alex and if the devhook doesnt come out soon with ps1 game support then i will be updating to this.

Sorry for the late news move :)

sony.1991
December 25th, 2006, 15:29
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!, It's 2:30 in the morning here in oz, what a christmas present, I knew it was worth staying up for. Dark Alex, I love you, and I don't mean that metaphoricaly.

lplover2k
December 25th, 2006, 15:33
I moved this to the psp news forum, great job to dark alex and if the devhook doesnt come out soon with ps1 game support then i will be updating to this.

Sorry for the late news move :)

yeah me2 if devhook doesn't come out with the psone compatible emulator... will upgrade and pray not to get a brick

Darkpaladin
December 25th, 2006, 15:33
I love 0okm for the 2.8 DG and DAX for everything! FF7 full speed handheld, <3

And i got a wii + 3 games and an m4a1 electric bb gun for xmas, this is the best day ever!!!

laraib
December 25th, 2006, 15:36
i run pop station and i keep getting the error"the procedure entry point_fopen64 could not not be located in the dynamic link libray cygwin1.dll."
i already download cygwin1.dll and put it popstaion folder and same with the iso(riged racers) help!!!

Darkpaladin
December 25th, 2006, 15:39
put your popstation folder in the C drive root
then type in command prompt:
cd..
cd..
cd popstation
popstation {file name}.iso

sappo
December 25th, 2006, 15:39
Who needs Anonymous Coder when there's Dark Alex? XD

Too slow, AC! Dark AleX beat you on time! :D

Wraggy, tell AC to work on a MAME emulator, now we only need that :P

i run pop station and i keep getting the error"the procedure entry point_fopen64 could not not be located in the dynamic link libray cygwin1.dll."
i already download cygwin1.dll and put it popstaion folder and same with the iso(riged racers) help!!!

Download Cygwin from another site, the version that you got isn't the latest.

althena77
December 25th, 2006, 15:40
I have one question now, the readme says if I want to use my own pics/icons, I just have to put them in the same folder as the image with the names ICON0.PNG, PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG. But it doesn't tell me the size, does anybody know which one I have to use, I want to create some by myself?

Skye
December 25th, 2006, 15:41
This is really cool. :D

sappo
December 25th, 2006, 15:42
I have one question now, the readme says if I want to use my own pics/icons, I just have to put them in the same folder as the image with the names ICON0.PNG, PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG. But it doesn't tell me the size, does anybody know which one I have to use, I want to create some by myself?

Just use PBP Extractor to get them from an original PSX game downloaded from PS3 Shop.

You should already have Hot Shots 2 Golf, because popstation doesn't work without it :) So, you can use that, to get your pics/icons size :)

Shyvnal
December 25th, 2006, 15:43
going to test with a few backups throughtout the night, expect a list soon! (FF7, FF8, FF9, harvest moon, etc, all pal!)
also just to note, the files need to be .iso, easily done if ure ripping them :P

laraib
December 25th, 2006, 15:50
now when i launch popsation it just closes.....help again
can some one just explain in FULL and DETAILED(with pics mabey) how to do this

warsaw
December 25th, 2006, 15:53
Wraggy, tell AC to work on a MAME emulator, now we only need that :P

Oh I'll second that!

The PSP is SCREAMING out for a quality, high compatibility and high speed MAME emulator similar to the quality of NJ's work.

I know we have the CPS1 and 2 EMUs which show just how damn well even modern arcade classics can run, but why can't we see a MAME emu with high end compatibility and SPEED for the older stuff? The MAME EMUs to date have been slow with poor compatibility and unfriendly user interfaces and lacking in features when many of those old roms required hardly any processing power at all in comparison to much of the full screen, 100% speed emulations we already have for the PSP!!!

1942, Pac Man, Space Invaders, Wonderboy in Monsterland, Double Dragon, Vendetta, Tiger Heli, Kung Fu Master, Gauntlet, Operation Wolf, Track and Field, Mat Mania, Defender, Time Pilot, Arkanoid, City Connection, Gun Smoke, Choplifter & Outrun all at full speed on the PSP?

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Waqs
December 25th, 2006, 15:59

put cygwin1.dll in your windows\system32 folder...

I've just converted Resident Evil 2 Leon CD and can confirm it works PERFECT...

Thanks Dark Alex :D

GobboFett
December 25th, 2006, 16:00
Wow...all I can say is wow! I think my 1.5 PSP might be getting a christmas present of custom FW :D

penileartery
December 25th, 2006, 16:02
would u have to be on the 3.02 kernel to update. im just playing it safe so theres no brick. i know the chance is low. but yea

Dante300981
December 25th, 2006, 16:03
im playing castlevania SOTN fullspeed. Dark ALex you are the man!!!!!!!!

althena77
December 25th, 2006, 16:09
Just use PBP Extractor to get them from an original PSX game downloaded from PS3 Shop.

You should already have Hot Shots 2 Golf, because popstation doesn't work without it :) So, you can use that, to get your pics/icons size :)

Thanks, I will try that now and tell you all the sizes here :)

One of my favorite games I played back those days on PS1/Sega Saturn Mega Man X4 runs great :thumbup:

THANK YOU Dark_Alex that you stayed with us :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mr.Denny
December 25th, 2006, 16:13
Converting FFVII now.......

:)

Then onto FFIX, MGS and Silent Bomber

Milleniumas
December 25th, 2006, 16:16
where to get hot shots golf 2 with keys? Any ideas? I want to try out psone emu !

SSaxdude
December 25th, 2006, 16:18
This is my real Christmas present. Almost better than my new 19 inch LCD monitor that I'm using right now.

thanks Again da

There are no exploits for 2.81+

crowba
December 25th, 2006, 16:24
check Gran Turismo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3uSPbhSkh0

its perfect playable !!

bullhead
December 25th, 2006, 16:28
this sucks for me, I use a mac. damn... :(

This christmas sucked...

bull, :(

Mark30001
December 25th, 2006, 16:29
This is just great!

Nice work Dark_AleX!

gavind
December 25th, 2006, 16:30
i have a question and i think a lot of people want to know this, this custom firmware you need to install, can it be uninstalled so that you can revert back to 1.5FW or are you stuck with it once you have put it on?

im asking because if you can get rid of it then i wud deffinetly try it out with all the risks attached, however if your stuck with it once its put on id rather wait for a Devhook version to come out someday

Sephiroth87
December 25th, 2006, 16:31
I don't have a ps3 (because it ain't released here yet). How do I get popstation to work without Hot Shots??

PLEAZZZZz Help me. I really want to play FF VII :)

bullhead
December 25th, 2006, 16:33
i have a question and i think a lot of people want to know this, this custom firmware you need to install, can it be uninstalled so that you can revert back to 1.5FW or are you stuck with it once you have put it on?

im asking because if you can get rid of it then i wud deffinetly try it out with all the risks attached, however if your stuck with it once its put on id rather wait for a Devhook version to come out someday

Yes it's easy to revert back. Risk is minimal. Just follow the steps...
bull, x.

D0N
December 25th, 2006, 16:40
Can anyone help me out?

I got the cygwin1.dll in C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 folder and I got the popstation folder with all the necessary files in it into the ROOT of my C Drive.

Everytime I open the popstation.exe file, it just closes again and doesn't do anything.

What am I doing wrong? Please do help.

Thanks in advance

-D0N

MogHunter
December 25th, 2006, 16:40
i Cant get it to work! please help. I have the cygwin in windows32 but when i execute popstation it exits wstraight away!!! any solutions?

Mr.Denny
December 25th, 2006, 16:44
DON and MOG, here`s a great tip directly from the QJ forums...

Ok, to avoid having to open the command prompt every time, I created a nice little batch file for popstation. Here's how to do it (very simple):

1. Open notepad, write this text (you can also put pic1.png and icon0.png there if you want):
popstation.exe image.iso
2. Save the file as "pops.bat" (WITH quotes) to the folder where your popstation.exe is
3. Get cygwin1.dll, the hot shots golf EBOOT and rename it to base.pbp, and the Hot Shots Golf keys.bin
4. Put your PSX ISO to the folder and rename it to image.iso
5. Doubleclick pops.bat and wait a while and your EBOOT is generated

Milleniumas
December 25th, 2006, 16:45
use cmd line, start->run->cmd and then the path to program

psp_sfdm
@D0N and MogHunter: You must use the dos prompt in order to run the popstation.exe and you can't execute the program by double clicking the file.

valar
hey,mine says cannot open BASE.PBP.got hotshots 2 usa in popstation folder.............help

hahahaha
December 25th, 2006, 16:47
this is the greatest news for the homebrew scene since the 2.71 downgrader. thank you darkalex for all of your hard work and perseverence. it is because of selfless people like you who continue to make my PSP worth keeping (since Sony dropped the ball). thank you again and keep up the great work, it is much appreciated.

althena77
OK, here we go:

ICON0.PNG - 144x80
PIC0.PNG - 310x180
PIC1.PNG - 480x272

And Strider Hiruy 2 (jp) works also great :thumbup:

Broonale
Cool, but you still need a PS3 to get Hot Shots 2, right?

D0N
December 25th, 2006, 16:52
DON and MOG, here`s a great tip directly from the QJ forums...

Ok, to avoid having to open the command prompt every time, I created a nice little batch file for popstation. Here's how to do it (very simple):

1. Open notepad, write this text (you can also put pic1.png and icon0.png there if you want):
popstation.exe image.iso
2. Save the file as "pops.bat" (WITH quotes) to the folder where your popstation.exe is
3. Get cygwin1.dll, the hot shots golf EBOOT and rename it to base.pbp, and the Hot Shots Golf keys.bin
4. Put your PSX ISO to the folder and rename it to image.iso
5. Doubleclick pops.bat and wait a while and your EBOOT is generated

YES!!!! Thank you very much Mr.Denny!! It worked!!!! :)

Mr.Denny
December 25th, 2006, 16:56
Much appreciated but i myself am in a pickle

I`ve tried both Tenchu and FFVII PAL VERSIONS and they don`t work.

:(

I think i may need the NTSC versions.

MogHunter
December 25th, 2006, 16:57
i still get the same problem =(... it says: invalid number of arguements.
usage: popstation file.iso
in the command prompt

Mr. Shizzy
December 25th, 2006, 16:58
TO: Dark_AleX

Dude. THANK YOU so much. This is an awesome Christmas Present. :D You have truelly given out the Christmas spirit today. :) This is appreciated from the bottom of my heart. Especially considering you worked on this on Christmas. GOD bless you Dark_AleX. :)

jmister102
December 25th, 2006, 17:04
I put the update in GAME but when i start it, it says the game could not be started (8002014C). I have 3.02 OE-A. In the readme, it says something about PSP/GAME150. I dont have a GAME150 folder. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

valar
December 25th, 2006, 17:05
hey got it working.i renamed my psx iso with IMAGE and just run a command popstation image.iso. lets play raiden dx,next is einhander,then perhaps fft

MicroNut
December 25th, 2006, 17:11
I converted my original Soul Blade CD and this is what found

Editing the ICON0.PNG, PIC0.PNG, PIC1.PNG worked without problems.

I do have a question:
What is the transparent color used in? PIC0.PNG
I keep getting a solid white.

The into video looks great
The intro video sound is poor.
There is a high pitched whine in the background.
Anyone have any ideas?

In game graphics look great.
However, the game does not run at full speed.
Although it plays very smooth there is a noticeable slow down.
The in game sound is fine.

niallod55
December 25th, 2006, 17:15
I put the update in GAME but when i start it, it says the game could not be started (8002014C). I have 3.02 OE-A. In the readme, it says something about PSP/GAME150. I dont have a GAME150 folder. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

I have The Exact Same Problem - Is There Anyway of Solving it?

shak bo
December 25th, 2006, 17:16
Hey dude just make a folder that says

GAME150

all caps nothing else will work, I think.

shak bo
December 25th, 2006, 17:18
Hey guys I'm in the same spot as you I'm just going to create a folder with that title and see how it goes, I guess the 3.02 did not create this folder(GAME!%)) by default. Here goes,

how bout them Chargers!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeaaaah boooyeee

Xiofire
December 25th, 2006, 17:19
I dont have a PS3 so cant get the Hot Shots Golf 2 Eboot and Keys file :(
No point updating
Thnx though DAX
-Xiofire

MogHunter
December 25th, 2006, 17:19
hey got it working.i renamed my psx iso with IMAGE and just run a command popstation image.iso. lets play raiden dx,next is einhander,then perhaps fft

i renamed mine to IMAGE also and now it gives a different error it says: cannot open BASE.PBP... does this mean its a bad file? or what? plz help

mikebeaver
December 25th, 2006, 17:22
Much appreciated but i myself am in a pickle

I`ve tried both Tenchu and FFVII PAL VERSIONS and they don`t work.

:(

I think i may need the NTSC versions.

Yeah, there are issues with the PAL versions of the games, just get NTSC versions from your local importer if they have any knocking about.

niallod55
December 25th, 2006, 17:24
That Worked Great Thank-you!!!

SteveV2
December 25th, 2006, 17:25
Sounds really good. I have just upgraded to A then to B :)

Couple of questions to those in the know :)

I have corrupt icons again! I have tried SeiPSPTool but it comes up with folders not found :(

Where can hot shots golf be found if you don't have a PS3? No doubt it will crop up everywhere within the next 24 hours or so but I am dying to try out THPS2.

All seem very good so far, although for some reason I have to have a GAME folder aswell as GAME150 and GAME271. GAME302 is for single eboots I take it so I don't have one, as yet. If I didn't have a GAME folder the PSP said there was no games on the card. I formatted it (after copying everything off) with no luck, made the GAME folder and stuck the snes emu in there and everything was there (7 odd emus and PSPR), moved snes back to GAME150 and left the GAME there too and snes was showing up along with everything else.

Are there any benifits of having the single eboots as too the 2 folders, one with the %?

When i'm fully up and running i'll happily send over £10er or so to DA :)

comicgeek
December 25th, 2006, 17:28
Tested and to my amazement it works .... with sound! Now I understand why Sony didn't release all the games of PSone like Tekken 2 instead of 3... I tested Tekken 3 but it does not continue to load... I think the official PSX emu has alot of incompatibility problems.

Jpdeathblade
December 25th, 2006, 17:33
Hey guys, great release!
Lotta people getting problems they can solve by reading the readme...happens everytime.

Can anyone pm me the Hotshot eboot and keys file? I would get it myself but im short $200 and noone around me carrys a ps3...

comicgeek
December 25th, 2006, 17:36
search google man!

SteveV2
December 25th, 2006, 17:37
Can anyone pm me the Hotshot eboot and keys file? I would get it myself but im short $200 and noone around me carrys a ps3...

Same here if poss :)

Xiofire
December 25th, 2006, 17:39
Yeah, id also like the Hot Shot eboot and keys
thnx
-Xiofire

nebulator
December 25th, 2006, 17:42
!!! i'm playing tomb raider !!! Omg this is so awesome !!! omg...i point arrow three dark alex

bullhead
December 25th, 2006, 17:42
hot shots golf is terrible!

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 17:48
this is incredible. i can't thank dark-alex enough.

tip for all windows users:
download the windows powertoy "open command window here"
you can then open the cmd over your popstation folder by right clicking it, no matter where on your hd it resides

Mew
December 25th, 2006, 17:51
Oooooh My Goooooood!
Dark Alex!! Metal Gear Solid Works!!!!!!! Ooooooooomfg!!

Vine of Sodom
December 25th, 2006, 17:54
Too bad you need the god damn HOTSHOTS game...

Ugh, ='(

MicroNut
December 25th, 2006, 17:55
Tried to convert Einhander
I get a CA000005 error

*ungh* sorry "keys.bin" is an important file...

Sweet Einhander looks and plays perfect!

bullhead
December 25th, 2006, 17:55
is there anything that mac users can use?

Tinnus
December 25th, 2006, 17:59
Hint: it doesn't have to be Hot Shots Golf 2 to work. I believe any game from the PS1 store will do--I'm doing mine with Syphon Filter without problems.

double_d
December 25th, 2006, 18:00
I can say I have used a Syphon Filter eboot and keys file, and they worked fine.
So the read me is correct, the program can work with other eboots

xXAlucard
December 25th, 2006, 18:00
just a question, although I'm sure I can't use this amazing update :(...

I have 2.71 with 1.5 emulated through devhook, on a ta-082 psp. Now if i tried to upgrade to this, since it says it flashes, will i brick my psp? Or can I do this amazing upgrade?

PSP 101
December 25th, 2006, 18:02
Dark Alex I wish the best for you. I love your updates
and keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!
SONY YOU CAN'T KEEP THE HOMEBREW SCENE DOWN!
HA! HA! HA!

MogHunter
December 25th, 2006, 18:02
woohoo i finally got it to convert! I tried final fantasy 9 but it didnt work =( on to try other games!

Xiofire
December 25th, 2006, 18:03
for people who dont have a PS3
Hints Ehem'the pirates bay'Ehem' Hot Shots Golf 2 - PSX Emu - USA by J-JONY 'Ehem!!! EHEMMMMM!!!!
Sorry if its against the rules, remove post is it is
Thnx
-Xiofire

Vine of Sodom
December 25th, 2006, 18:13
for people who dont have a PS3
Hints Ehem'the pirates bay'Ehem' Hot Shots Golf 2 - PSX Emu - USA by J-JONY 'Ehem!!! EHEMMMMM!!!!
Sorry if its against the rules, remove post is it is
Thnx
-Xiofirehehe, noones seeding leeching??!!?

AOMrep
December 25th, 2006, 18:14
Ok. I have read some of the help replies but none of them seem to work for me. I did the ''pops.bat'' thing. I tried putting the CYGWIN1.dll into the system32 folder but it doesnt work. I tried using the command promt like the other guy said
cd..
cd..
cd popstation
etc...
that didnt work either. When I got the CYGWIN1.dll file it talked about installing it but if thats a step then i haven't done it yet....cause i dont know how. Please anyone. I usually don't need help, but I do now! Thanks in advance. Oh and if your explanation isn't easy enough for a monkey to understand I'll probably get lost. Thanks again!

nal
December 25th, 2006, 18:17
im having a prob. anyone else having this. metal gear portable ops .cso or iso will not work with this ver for some reason. all other games I own work just fine when converted . anyone else having this prob and if ya did and fixed it how?

Xiofire
December 25th, 2006, 18:17
Worked for me, put PSX into Pirates Bay, came straight up. But yeah, EHEMMMMMMM! LOL
-Xiofire

MogHunter
December 25th, 2006, 18:19
Has anyone tried running an american copy of ffVII using this method? It would be sooo cool if it works.

mysteriousnesss
December 25th, 2006, 18:19
every game i convert doesnt seem to load, i put all the correct files including an iso made with winiso in the popstation folder everything converts but it wont seem to work on my psp. Im trying to use clocktower and area 51 any help?

ultimaflare
December 25th, 2006, 18:20
if i put on this custom firmware can i go back to 1.5.

yourpuertoricanpapi
if iam still using 1.5 if i upgrade would i lose my 1.5 forever

ninja9393
this is sooooooo awesome. Thanks Dax, now i am going to play me some resident evil! What a perfect christmas game :p

D0N
December 25th, 2006, 18:23
if i put on this custom firmware can i go back to 1.5.

Yes you can

Nope you can change back to 1.50 via the Recovery Mode ;)

mysteriousnesss
December 25th, 2006, 18:24
its so strange, ive converted 2 games with all going well and neither boot when i click the icon in the game section from the xmb

xg917
GOD DAM THERE IS NO HOPE FOR TA-082 MOBOS!!!!! ..........IM SO SAD ..

no u wont, u can reset and go to 1.5 or i think there is a downgrader, but idk how to

xXAlucard
can anyone tell me if its alright to upgrade to oe-a and then oe-b on a ta-082 psp? i'm paranoid bc I emulate 1.5 on it through devhook (2.71 xmb) but it says it flashes the psp and I don't wanna brick it on xmas :(

Edshugeo
December 25th, 2006, 18:26
When I got the CYGWIN1.dll file it talked about installing it but if thats a step then i haven't done it yet....

I copied the cygwin file from elsewhere on my hard-drive and placed it in the popstation folder.

Destroyer699
December 25th, 2006, 18:26
Damn nice!

Tetris999
December 25th, 2006, 18:27
IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP WITH THIS JUST PM ME

I WILL HELP WITH ANYTHING TO GET THIS WORKING FOR YOU

cuz im the original noob :D

GREAT RELEASE DAX! also im on msn add me if u need help with this stuff

irishwhip
if you all copy the cygwin1.dll to your system32, it will work fine

NeoXCS
Thank you so much DA! :D This makes all my dreams come true! I just wish my 4gb stick would have came for Xmas! :( Can't wait to get this going! Good job and good luck on future work! :)

mavsman4457
Oh boy the TA-082 questions just won't stop. Something needs to be added in the original post concerning that.

ultimaflare
December 25th, 2006, 18:30
if i update to this will i lose 1.5

AOMrep
December 25th, 2006, 18:30
I copied the cygwin file from elsewhere on my hard-drive and placed it in the popstation folder.

This is how my popstation folder looks right now
popstation.exe
bustagroove.bin
base.pbp
keys.bin
CYGWIN1.DLL
readme.txt

Ok, so that's how it looks right now..What next?

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 18:33
i propose a thread where people can post their custom PIC1.png and ICON0.png

i made some for ff tactics

AOMrep
December 25th, 2006, 18:35
if you all copy the cygwin1.dll to your system32, it will work fine

I have the CYGWIN1.DLL file in the WINDOWS/1386/SYSTEM32

That's how that looks right now. My Comp doesn't have the SYSTEM32 folder directly in the WINDOWS folder. Maybe Someone should type in the way to execute Popstation. When I open command promt what do I type in there? I tried what the guy said earlier about typing in
cd..
cd..
cd popstation
etc...
But that doesn't work.

kaffie
December 25th, 2006, 18:35
be nice if someone pointed at the base.pbp
keys.bin files.

oh.....Merry Chrimbo BTW

IamAbe
December 25th, 2006, 18:36
awasome, thanx dax! im playing frogger now :D

drquack02
December 25th, 2006, 18:37
I haven't touched my PSP in a year or so now, but now I have reason to!

I'm on firmware 1.5 US, and am trying to upgrade to the 3.02 OE-A right now, unfortunatly the DXAR Update Maker seems to be giving me issues.

Reading, and packing 1.5 takes about 3mins, but then it sits on 3.02 JP for like 20 mins....what should I do?

Malksta
December 25th, 2006, 18:39
f*ck yeah!no need for ps1 emus now :D

<3 DaX

Gizmo356
December 25th, 2006, 18:41
I haven't touched my PSP in a year or so now, but now I have reason to!

I'm on firmware 1.5 US, and am trying to upgrade to the 3.02 OE-A right now, unfortunatly the DXAR Update Maker seems to be giving me issues.

Reading, and packing 1.5 takes about 3mins, but then it sits on 3.02 JP for like 20 mins....what should I do?

talk to me on aim ill send you all the files you need

Shyvnal
December 25th, 2006, 18:41
FF8 disc 1 (PAL) doesnt work.
FF8 demo (PAL) included with FF7 doesnt work.
Testing FF9 disc 1 next (NTSC)

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 18:42

That's how that looks right now. My Comp doesn't have the SYSTEM32 folder directly in the WINDOWS folder. Maybe Someone should type in the way to execute Popstation. When I open command promt what do I type in there? I tried what the guy said earlier about typing in
cd..
cd..
cd popstation
etc...
But that doesn't work.

try c:\windows\system32, not i386\system32

i386 is your windows backup folder

AOMrep
December 25th, 2006, 18:48

It doesn't exist. The only other system32 folder on my comp is
Windows/lastgood/system32

Oh and when I try to create a new folder called System32 in the WINDOWS folder it asks me if I want to overwrite the one that does exist, if that makes any sense? But I honestly don't see a folder named SYSTEM32 directly in the WINDOWS folder.

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 18:51

cd..
cd..
cd popstation
etc...
But that doesn't work.

you can make a bat file if you don't understand how to use command prompt.

make a text document in the same folder as popstation
type this:

popstation (gamename).(image type)

replace as necessary. for example: popstation metalgear.iso

now save the text and rename it as a .bat file instead of .txt

when you have the ps1 image, the eboot (renamed to BASE.PBP), keys.bin and document.dat in the same folder together with popstation, double click your bat file

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 18:53
you probably have the windows option "hide system folders" active

open any windows folder and go to tools/ folder options/view

toggle the setting "hide protected operating system files"

AOMrep
December 25th, 2006, 18:57

you can make a bat file if you don't understand how to use command prompt.

make a text document in the same folder as popstation
type this:

popstation (gamename).(image type)

replace as necessary. for example: popstation metalgear.iso

now save the text and rename it as a .bat file instead of .txt

when you have the ps1 image, the eboot (renamed to BASE.PBP), keys.bin and document.dat in the same folder together with popstation, double click your bat file

Ok, I folled your directions, but when I double click the bat file i get this error:

the procedure entry point_fopen64 could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin.dll

Psphreak
December 25th, 2006, 18:57
irishwhip, have you gotten FF Tactics to work? Having some issues right now with it :(

AOMrep
December 25th, 2006, 19:03
you probably have the windows option "hide system folders" active

open any windows folder and go to tools/ folder options/view

toggle the setting "hide protected operating system files"

Ok I turned the off and I put the cygwin1.dll in that folder but it still says:

''The procedure entry point_fopen64 ould not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll''

as an error

ryan2006
December 25th, 2006, 19:04
can eny1 send me the files plz i have jus installed 3.02 oe-b and dont kno where 2 go from there lol btw will my mgs iso work i made it for psp1 or will i need to use popstation to convert the disc again

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 19:04
Ok, I folled your directions, but when I double click the bat file i get this error:

the procedure entry point_fopen64 could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin.dll

then you have the wrong dll.

google for cygwin1.dll not cygwin.dll.

orkus
December 25th, 2006, 19:09
Thanks for the great work!!!

FF Tactics (NTSC) - works perfectly

Lunar 2 (NTSC) - perfectly

Metal Gear Solid (PAL) - some slowdowns and problems with the graphics

lordnibbla
December 25th, 2006, 19:10
Nice, stickin it to the man :rofl:

AOMrep
December 25th, 2006, 19:11
then you have the wrong dll.

google for cygwin1.dll not cygwin.dll.

I'm sorry I typed it in wrong it is cygwin1.dll. Thats the file I have not cygwin.dll

Datahax
Thanks for the great work!!!

FF Tactics (NTSC) - works perfectly

Lunar 2 (NTSC) - perfectly

Metal Gear Solid (PAL) - some slowdowns and problems with the graphics

I can't wait to try Lunar 2, but what happens when you need to switch discs? Is that possible in the emu?

andk1005
ermmm has n.e 1 had any issues getting 2 disc games to work??? im thinking of upgrading but have had problems in the past with pc emulators and 2 disk games eg metal gear solid after uve killed sniper wolf u need to swap discs can it be done???

Raflex
Incredible!!! FF7 woks full speed!!!!

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 19:16
AOMrep, check your messages

DarthPaul
December 25th, 2006, 19:17
omg!! omg omg! BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT...DARK_ALEX!!YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I WOKE UP AND I TURNED ON THE PC TO CHECK MY GIFTS AT DCEMU INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE TREE!! HELL YEAHH!!! THANKS DAX!!

john99teg
December 25th, 2006, 19:18
can anyone help me please, my aim is "teggsr99oemkit" . please, i did everything but all it does is load for a second than closes. thanks

Amiga
December 25th, 2006, 19:22
Do i need a ps3 for hot shots 2 game????
if i do its crap lol ;) not really :)

Datahax
December 25th, 2006, 19:23
Do i need a ps3 for hot shots 2 game????
if i do its crap lol ;) not really :)

Yea you do need a PS3 which really sucks, unless you can get your hands on a copy some "other' way. I'm still looking.

valar
December 25th, 2006, 19:24
bloody hell,Raiden Dx full speed ,full sound.Superb.DAX rules!!!!!!!!

SSaxdude
December 25th, 2006, 19:27
can anyone help me please, my aim is "teggsr99oemkit" . please, i did everything but all it does is load for a second than closes. thanks

You have to run the popstation.exe using command prompt.

Xiofire
December 25th, 2006, 19:28
All games i have tried are of center, knocked down off screen, hope their is a PAL fix soon
Thnx again DAX
-Xiofire

taiyoh
December 25th, 2006, 19:31
For some reason when I boot up FF7 it doesn't run...i mean it just gets to a black screen,but you can still press home for the options.Help plz??

Broonale
December 25th, 2006, 19:32
OMFG!

I have to get a 4 gig stick now!

john99teg
December 25th, 2006, 19:33
i did, it says popstation is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Psphreak
December 25th, 2006, 19:38
For some reason when I boot up FF7 it doesn't run...i mean it just gets to a black screen,but you can still press home for the options.Help plz??

Was getting the same thing with FF Tactics. Try extracting again but in Bin format

Sephiroth87
December 25th, 2006, 19:38
Can someone please make a tutorial of this? Which explains the process step by step. Cause I can't get popstation to work. And that is really frustrating me. So please help a noob in desperate times :)

cartmandude14
December 25th, 2006, 19:39
this is really great but popstation won't laod on my XP

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 19:40
my ntscj english patched tobal 2 iso worked :D

niallod55
December 25th, 2006, 19:44

That has happened me with FF7 as well. What files do i have to put into the PSP directory?

Tetris999
December 25th, 2006, 19:44
LOOK I HAVE A GUIDE AN IT HAS PICTURES CHECK IT OUT!
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=310042&posted=1#post310042

john99teg
December 25th, 2006, 19:45
ok lol i figured it out. the game i downloaded was named "game.iso" but the file was .bin. So I deleted .iso

Raflex
December 25th, 2006, 19:45

FF7 works fine for me, all you have to do is convert ff7.iso with popstatios and copy eboot.bin and key to your memory stick.

dark_man_x_008
December 25th, 2006, 19:57
can someone help me out please i dont own a ps3 and my bit torrent is super slow...i need that hot shot 2 eboot.pbp and that keysig thingy...can some one please pm it to me or send me an email? thanks

taiyoh
December 25th, 2006, 20:04
FF7 works fine for me, all you have to do is convert ff7.iso with popstatios and copy eboot.bin and key to your memory stick.

That's exactly what I did but...it still comes up to a black screen....perhaps i should try the command line method instead of the notepad method.

cartmandude14
December 25th, 2006, 20:05
Omg Thnx Sooo Much It Works Great!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimpjuice10
December 25th, 2006, 20:11
I have The Exact Same Problem - Is There Anyway of Solving it?

SAAAME PROBLEM HERE!!!! :mad:

pimpjuice10
December 25th, 2006, 20:18
Worked for me, put PSX into Pirates Bay, came straight up. But yeah, EHEMMMMMMM! LOL
-Xiofire

LOL

MogHunter
December 25th, 2006, 20:20

which version of ff7 is it? pal or ntsc?

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 20:20
has anybody tried patching a pal iso to ntsc then converting it?

Emeriastone
December 25th, 2006, 20:22
DAX is BEYOND GODLIKE!!

Amiga
December 25th, 2006, 21:15
badicoot3 and rtypedelta run like a dream on it!! :D

jonezybaby
December 25th, 2006, 21:18
im waitin 4 hot shots 2 download from the net :( i want it now!!!

andk1005
December 25th, 2006, 21:20
seriosuly does anyone have any guides or information on 2 disc games????????

News Bot
December 25th, 2006, 21:20
Where are you people getting Hot Shots Golf 2. I need it ;_;

drquack02
December 25th, 2006, 21:21
GT2 working full speed!!

MogHunter
December 25th, 2006, 21:22
the games that work.... are all of them ntsc or do some pal games work on this?

jonezybaby
December 25th, 2006, 21:23
emule

Nikolaos
owned omg owned.. dax , touch me so i may become holy like you..

IamAbe
PSX Homebrew Runs! i just tried "It Might Be NES" and it worked, kinda slow tho(maybe it was just the emulator)

LocoLobo
December 25th, 2006, 21:32
Parasite Eve 2 doesn't work

Napalm-Death
December 25th, 2006, 21:32
Can I use any name for the folder the eboot is in? Or does it have to be like SLUS9999, and does it go into the GAME folder, or some other folder? I tried using my Duke Nukem eboot but it doesn't work. =\

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 21:36
Can I use any name for the folder the eboot is in? Or does it have to be like SLUS9999, and does it go into the GAME folder, or some other folder? I tried using my Duke Nukem eboot but it doesn't work. =\

i put my ff tactics eboot in a folder called FINALFANTASYTACTICS and its working just fine.

Amiga
December 25th, 2006, 21:38

you can use any name.

Emeriastone
December 25th, 2006, 21:39
Any idea yet how Sony will do disk swapping?

valar
December 25th, 2006, 21:39
omega boost pal working full speed,minor graphic gliches
rtype delta pal working full speed minor gliches
tombi pal working full speed
raiden dx perfect
einhander gliches in music,fullspeed

Napalm-Death
December 25th, 2006, 21:40
Thanks irishwhip and Amiga, I guess the game isn't compatible.

December 25th, 2006, 21:43
Arrrrrrrgh, Driver 2 PAL refuses to work in ISO, in BIN it gets to the Playstation logo and freezes, using a PAL to NTSC patch doesn't help either. Same for Final Fantasy 9.

Am I just better off legally obtaining some original American discs and using those?

ryan2006
December 25th, 2006, 21:48
has eny1 tried resident evil 1 2 or 3?

starogre
December 25th, 2006, 21:51
Hey, I got everything i needed, following along with the readme. However I'm having trouble with converting the image to an eboot. I've tried researching, but haven't found any troubleshooting stuff on it.

I got hot shots golf's eboot renamed to BASE.PBP and i got the KEYS.BIN file. Then I put my FFT iso file into the same folder as popstation and renamed that to image.iso. I'm stuck for what to do now...

I tried opening a txt file and typing in 'popstation.exe image.iso' without quotes, and saving the file as pops.bat, and then running the .bat file. I waited awhile and nothing still happened.

Any help please?

Cristyle
December 25th, 2006, 21:51
RESIDENT EVIL 2 DUAL SHOCK EDITION NTSC works till entering the main building (both discs) then the screen turns black. But music is still playing.

I'm going to try RE3 and Silent Hill now.

sok98
December 25th, 2006, 21:52
k wait if i dont have a ps3 how am i supposed to get hot shots 2 lol

Raflex
Hello. PSX games and working on PSP (all are NTSC):

Final Fantasy 7
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story
Resident Evil 3
Megaman X4

Napalm-Death
I hope my RE3 works!

gunntims0103
December 25th, 2006, 21:53
anyone got ff7 to work, il try it out after i get back from grandparents house

Raflex
December 25th, 2006, 21:53
I hope RE3 works!

It works full speed!!!

Raflex
December 25th, 2006, 21:54
anyone got ff7 to work, il try it out after i get back from grandparents house

It works at full speed

taiyoh
December 25th, 2006, 21:55
i still can't get my ff7 to work :(

samthegreat68
December 25th, 2006, 21:56
ok, now i have never been more tempted to try custom firmware ever in my life. but i am still too chicken to upgrade my 1.5 but i have a 2.81. am i not going to be able to work this on my 2.81??

sok98
December 25th, 2006, 21:56
wait guys if i dont have a ps3 how am i suppsoed to do this

Raflex
December 25th, 2006, 21:59
i still can't get my ff7 to work :(

What are you doing wrong? what is the problem?

Just follow the instructions in the .txt file. FF7 works.

ryan2006
December 25th, 2006, 22:01
yeah ff7 works use command line in popstation thts what i did and my ff7 is platinum maybe tht helps lol

andk1005
man i have been bitching about this soo far does anyone i mean ANYONE have a clue about two disc games???????????????

sok98
can someone answer me please lol im really confused...

Dannyboy1989
December 25th, 2006, 22:02
Can any1 help me? i have made the eboots for the games and have put them on my psp, but i load them it shows the screen bout health then dosent show the ps1 logo and nuthin happens! Help me plz

December 25th, 2006, 22:05
wait guys if i dont have a ps3 how am i suppsoed to do this

How about reading the thread

taiyoh
December 25th, 2006, 22:07
Can any1 help me? i have made the eboots for the games and have put them on my psp, but i load them it shows the screen bout health then dosent show the ps1 logo and nuthin happens! Help me plz

Exactly my situation...and I've tried both methods still no use.
Any more suggestions?

Musoka_Eimin
December 25th, 2006, 22:12
WOW thank you so much Alex!! I will be donating to him soon. He has given us all a great christmas gift here, I hope most of us give something back to him. Thank you again Alex you have proved yet again you are our PSP god

Cristyle
December 25th, 2006, 22:16
It works full speed!!!

Naa, have you tried entering the main buidlling -> my dual shock edition of Resident Evil 2 turns blackscreen after the dooranimation but music is still playing...

valar
December 25th, 2006, 22:17
-get hot shots 2 usa psx game
-rename hot shots2 eboot to base.pbp
-get your ps1 backup copy and put it in popstation folder with hot shots 2 eboot and keys
-get this dll file from internet and put it in windows/system 32
-i renamed my ps1 game as image.iso
-you can click on start then choose Run
-type cmd.exe
-in new window find your popstation folder (you can move popstation right to documents and settings folder path so you just need to type- c.. and you'll go up in directory)
-or you can do that with notepad method
-and run command in cmd window (it's the black window after typing cmd.exe) popstation image.iso
-after dumping your eboot to popstation,create folder in GAME on your psp with the name of your game you dumped.
-then move eboot from popstation to the folder you created on psp,move keys.bin file there aswell
-don't forget to update your 3.02 oea to oeb

dark_man_x_008
December 25th, 2006, 22:25
can someone please answer this..if you dont have a ps3 and BitTorrent works at lightning slow speeds then you are screw and can't play this...how did u guys get your hands on that hot shots 2 eboot?? please i am desperate

pakman
December 25th, 2006, 22:27
hey can anyone help me? i cant seem to get the OE_B update to work... when i run it off my Game folder the screen goes black and i get the message the game could not be started? help plzzz sum1:confused:

danielmakana
December 25th, 2006, 22:31
boot into recovery mode and make it use the 1.5 kernel for the game folder.

irishwhip
December 25th, 2006, 22:34
games with cd audio work, but without music :(
anyone have a fix for this?

Cristyle
December 25th, 2006, 22:38
Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock Edition NTSC
___CRASHES when entering main building
Resident Evil 3 Nemisis PAL (GER)
___FREEZE at violence information
Silent Hill PAL
___working, but horrible controls and misplaced screen, few graphical issues

thefanaticgamer
December 25th, 2006, 22:39
hey guys..... if you cant get the hotshots game legally.... and youre gonna try to bootleg it (illegally) could you at least not yell at us saying that your illegal download speed it to slow.... just wait..... and please take ten minutes to read through the thread before doing anything rash... i had loads of questions... all of which were answered..... heres a brief summary

IT IS EASY TO DOWNGRADE BACK TO 1.5

PUT CYGWIN1.DLL INTO THE SYSTEM32 FOLDER IN WINDOWS

PAL DOESNT WORK TO GOOD

hope that help to those of you who are lazy

Kvonx
December 25th, 2006, 22:40
I have to give respcet where its due..........DA, u are the best, i trust anything from u....THANK YOU Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!:)

zidanerick
December 25th, 2006, 22:47
I hate sony as much as the next person but u gotta feel a little sorry for em atm, homebrew is just kicking their asses atm, AND IM LOVING IT!!! Great Work Dark_Alex and just like other people i think you should have a donation button on your website so that we can give you a christmas present as well :D

starogre
December 25th, 2006, 22:48
-get hot shots 2 usa psx game
-rename hot shots2 eboot to base.pbp
-get your ps1 backup copy and put it in popstation folder with hot shots 2 eboot and keys
-get this dll file from internet and put it in windows/system 32
-i renamed my ps1 game as image.iso
-you can click on start then choose Run
-type cmd.exe
-in new window find your popstation folder (you can move popstation right to documents and settings folder path so you just need to type- c.. and you'll go up in directory)
-or you can do that with notepad method
-and run command in cmd window (it's the black window after typing cmd.exe) popstation image.iso
-after dumping your eboot to popstation,create folder in GAME on your psp with the name of your game you dumped.
-then move eboot from popstation to the folder you created on psp,move keys.bin file there aswell
-don't forget to update your 3.02 oea to oeb

I tried all this, but its output said: "Can't open image.iso"

sok98
December 25th, 2006, 22:50
anyone tried digimon world 1 haha

Psphreak
December 25th, 2006, 22:57
For the multi disk questions, in FF7, your save is in the XMB menu. Before the game switches to the next disc, you'll be asked to save, do so. Turn off the psp, copy over disc 2, reload your game and it should be fine. I remember having to do this since I had a backup and was using a Gold Finger to play it and this method worked fine.

For those having those Black screen errors, extract your games in Bin format and not ISO. I found that fixed all my problems. Before spending time on transfering the game to your psp, try out a psx emulator such as ePsxe on your computer and load up the ISO. If you get a black screen, you know you have a bad dump.

kalhalla
December 25th, 2006, 22:59
Has anyone confirmed PSP CAMERA to be working with this? I'd like to know before I go updating. Otherwise I think I'm in.

MicroNut
December 25th, 2006, 23:00
I have been using cdrwin and making bin+cue files.
The ICON0.PNG and PIC1.PNG files are easy to make.
PIC0.PNG is a pain... anyway to disable this?

My Results so far:

WipeOut - Game Crashes - IntroVideo Ok
WipeOutXL - Game Crashes - IntroVideo Ok
SoulBlade - Game Play is Smooth but Slower than it should be - IntroVideo Ok
ResidentEvil - Game Plays Ok - IntroVideo Ok
Expendable - Game Plays Ok - IntroVideo Ok
Einhander - Game Plays Ok - IntroVideo Ok
TempestX - Game Plays Ok - IntroVideo Ok
TombRaider - Game Crashes - IntroVideo Ok
RaidenProject - Game Plays Ok - IntroVideo Ok

SteveV2
December 25th, 2006, 23:03
Torrents are flying! 5 mins to go. THPS2 on standby.

For any 1.5 user, I too was a bit, 'don't really know' but trust me, this is so much better in so many way. Even without this psx support it is still better. A 1.5 psp with the brains of a 3.02. Have a dabble on gpsp then go back and load up GTAVCS. Takes no more than 2 mins to upgrade to A, and about 5 seconds to B.

Xiofire
December 25th, 2006, 23:05
My results

- PAL Crash Bandicoot - All Fine, Full Speed, Screen Misplaced

- PAL Tomb Raider 3 - Works, Full Speed, Some graphical glitches, misplaced screen

- PAL Tekken 3 - Works, Full Speed, Minor Graphical Glitches, Misplaced Screen

Come on DAX, help out us Europeans! :)

-Xiofire

Raflex
December 25th, 2006, 23:14
My results

- PAL Crash Bandicoot - All Fine, Full Speed, Screen Misplaced

- PAL Tomb Raider 3 - Works, Full Speed, Some graphical glitches, misplaced screen

- PAL Tekken 3 - Works, Full Speed, Minor Graphical Glitches, Misplaced Screen

Come on DAX, help out us Europeans! :)

-Xiofire

Hello, try it converting your pal to nstc, it work for me, i tried FF9 PAL, with NTSC selector :)

wolfpack
December 25th, 2006, 23:17
do i really need hot shots 2? i dont have a ps3 to download it, am i screwed or is there another way?

emuking
December 25th, 2006, 23:22
OMG THANK YOU DARK ALEX YOU ARE A WHOLE OTHER GOD TO THE HOMEBREW SCENE :D

p.s. sorry for caps im excited :D

Adamuko
December 25th, 2006, 23:22
bakaaaa, do you really think DA would make something that you need a ps3 for?

Raflex
December 25th, 2006, 23:23
do i really need hot shots 2? i dont have a ps3 to download it, am i screwed or is there another way?

You need to read all threads

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 25th, 2006, 23:27
So no need for AC's psx emu now :).

wolfpack
December 25th, 2006, 23:27
ill take that as a no :(

starogre
December 25th, 2006, 23:30
Does anyone know what to do if the command prompt outputs "Cannot open image.iso"?

cooliscool
December 25th, 2006, 23:30
Threw together a frontend for the converter in about 15 minutes (hate command line apps).

Simple, no readme, includes the popstation app/cygwin dll (keep them in the "hook" folder).

Requires .NET Framework 2.0.

starogre
December 25th, 2006, 23:33
Threw together a frontend for the converter in about 15 minutes (hate command line apps).

Simple, no readme, includes the popstation app/cygwin dll (keep them in the "hook" folder).

So how do you use it?

Sharkey
December 25th, 2006, 23:41
This is awesome news, still not enough for me to upgrade my 1.5, I probably never will because it's setup perfect. But this makes me wish I hadn't upgraded my other one to 3.03. Ah well, maybe next version. Good job Alex.

cooliscool
Open it, browse for an iso, click convert. :P

mavsman4457
So would it be possible to make eboots like this that include an emulator for SNES roms and other systems? This way, we could sort it into different folders and then just launch any game from the XMB. I think that would be a sweet idea but I guess it would just be up to the coder of the emulator or if someone else wants to compile the emulator so it could be run for one game from the XMB just like it would appear on the normal system rather than going to a menu first.

niallod55
December 25th, 2006, 23:43
Finally Got My FF7 problem fixed. Turns out all i needed to do was to name the folder of the game on my memory stick - e.g. folder name "Final Fantasy VII"

MogHunter
December 25th, 2006, 23:46
I've tried ff7 pal in .bin and .iso format, ff tactics(ntsc or pal) and legend of dragoon(ntsc) and they wont work at all they just give me the text screen when you boot it up and it then crashes... do you need to put the DOCUMENT file into the folder also for it to work or what is the problem?

x-zero
December 25th, 2006, 23:49
Thank you Dark_AleX and God bless.

niallod55
December 25th, 2006, 23:50
The Only files i have is the eboot and the key file. The folder is called final fantasy VII and i have put that folder into the "GAME" Folder of the memory stick. Should work

Xiofire
December 25th, 2006, 23:52
I know this will sound "noobish" but, how do yew back up PSX games to .bin's? I can only back up to .iso at the moment and i need .bin for PAL To NTSC.
Thanks
-Xiofire

starogre
December 25th, 2006, 23:52

it says i need .net framework or something

MogHunter
December 25th, 2006, 23:56
The Only files i have is the eboot and the key file. The folder is called final fantasy VII and i have put that folder into the "GAME" Folder of the memory stick. Should work

is your version pal or ntsc?

MogHunter
December 25th, 2006, 23:57

dDO you have the pal or ntsc version? and did you extract the eboot from a .bin or .iso file?

degolla35
December 26th, 2006, 00:00
Final fantasy VII NTSC CD 1 works just fine, but i wonder, due to fact that the game has 3 cds and you have to put them all on diferent folders like if they were diferents games, will the savefile of the first cd work with cd 2?
or maybe the emu will see them as diferent savefiles for diferents games?

SteveV2
December 26th, 2006, 00:03

Ok, tried it with no luck. Tried 2 games. THPS2 and Tomba 2, both usa versions. Used this FE and it just flashes the black screen for half a second then nothing.

I have that frame work thing installed.

Any advice?

starogre
December 26th, 2006, 00:04
Ok, tried it with no luck. Tried 2 games. THPS2 and Tomba 2, both usa versions. Used this FE and it just flashes the black screen for half a second then nothing.

I have that frame work thing installed.

Any advice?

ya same, i can't get mine converted either =(

cartmandude14
December 26th, 2006, 00:05
I know this will sound "noobish" but, how do yew back up PSX games to .bin's? I can only back up to .iso at the moment and i need .bin for PAL To NTSC.
Thanks
-Xiofire

Use CDRWIN to backup the game to the .bin and .cue files

SteveV2
December 26th, 2006, 00:06

Mine are .img files. Would that make a difference?

The FE still picks them up when I browse for them, just tried 5 more with same results :(

romuloarpini
December 26th, 2006, 00:09
Is ff8 really freezing when summoning dark mist? I hope FF7 isnt!

Xiofire
December 26th, 2006, 00:11
Use CDRWIN to backup the game to the .bin and .cue files

Thanks, backing up MGS now
-Xiofire

Cap'n 1time
December 26th, 2006, 00:12
to the people above... read the god damn readme. it clearly states that *.iso is the preferred file to convert. yes it makes a difference.

somthing of interest from the popstation readme

Q: My game generated is a lot higher in size than the same one from ps3store...
A: They use compression. Because the algorithm of compression is not still reversed, compressed
isos are not supported yet.

In other words sony's compression method could eventually be used for other emulators. just a thought from someone who actually reads the god damned readmes.. you know they put them there for a reason.

kiariki
December 26th, 2006, 00:16
Somewhere in the first or second page, someone said that you can't brick the PSP... But on the first post it says that there's a possibility that you can...... O.O I'm so F%^ing scared of bricking my PSP... ... ...

SteveV2
December 26th, 2006, 00:21
to the people above... read the god damn readme. it clearly states that *.iso is the preferred file to convert. yes it makes a difference.

somthing of interest from the popstation readme

In other words sony's compression method could eventually be used for other emulators. just a thought from someone who actually reads the god damned readmes.. you know they put them there for a reason.

Yeah, but it also says,

Q: I have my game in img/ccd...
A: Use the img as the iso.

I read it like 10 times.

SteveV2
December 26th, 2006, 00:23
Just found some ISOs and BINs on my external HD. None of those worked either :(

romuloarpini
December 26th, 2006, 00:25
Where are you guys in FF7? I hope when you use a summon, it doesnt freeze like FF8.:o

scarph
December 26th, 2006, 00:29
Ok this is the last thing the be all end all

Get the Dll

put it in c>windows>system32 folder

POPSTATION FOLDER
put the hot shots eboot in there as base.pbp
the key.bin also goes in there
Your iso, bin, img whatever, name that image.***

In notepad tpye in "popstation.exe image.***"
no quotes

save it as pops.bat and put it in the popstation folder

double click pops
and youre done

SteveV2
December 26th, 2006, 00:38

Get the Dll

POPSTATION FOLDER

no quotes

double click pops
and youre done

YAY! Thanks muchly.

My '.img' is now passing through :)

Now copying the eboot to my psp.

jguba7892
December 26th, 2006, 00:42
i downloaded hot shots 2 and there is 9 keys.bin files and 9 eboot files. what do i do with them?

SteveV2
December 26th, 2006, 00:43
Tomba 2 (u) works :D

DrX
December 26th, 2006, 00:47
man this is awesome i wonder why sony wouldnt release more ****ing games if their emulator worked so well... anyways thanks dark alex for letting us actually put sonys emulator to good use

BelmontSlayer
December 26th, 2006, 00:47
i downloaded hot shots 2 and there is 9 keys.bin files and 9 eboot files. what do i do with them?

When you download it from the PS3 Store, there should only be a keys.bin, eboot.pbp and sometimes a document.dat (Depends on the game). If you downloaded it illegally, don't ask for help here.

starogre
December 26th, 2006, 00:48

Get the Dll

POPSTATION FOLDER

no quotes

double click pops
and youre done

lol dan i'm using the same exact files you are and it's still not working...