PDA

View Full Version : Psx Guide By Tetris999 How To Get This Thing Working

Tetris999
December 25th, 2006, 20:14
Ok im gonna help everybody here so like yeah the guide has pictures and everything cool huh? well
lets get on with it

Part 1: Have the Files
-----------------------------------------------
HAVE HOTSHOTS GOLF 2 USA
-----------------------------------------------
Have its KEYS.BIN file!
-------------------------------------------
CYGWIN.DLL IS NEEDED
HAVE THE POPSTATION.EXE
HAVE YOUR ISO!!

Part2:What they must be called
Your ISO of youre game must be called file.iso
Leave the keys bin file
leave the document.dat file

Part3:The Steps

Ok click on the start bar
Go to run
Type in cmd
Open the folder the command prompt is pointing to
Now go to that folder
Put ALL THE FILES thats used in this WHOLE process into that folder The command prompt is pointing to

Now type in this

popstation.exe file.iso

Also forgot to mention use NTSC ISO'S! (usa i presume)

Oh yeah If u want backgrounds\icons they have to be

.png files
The background must
Be called PIC1
And be 480x272
And the ICON must
Be called ICON0
and be 144x80
Also put them in the same folder as where the popstation.exe file is

now it should work comment for help
PIctures for extended help dl it from below

Some faq's (one really..)

i have everything loaded into the GAME folder like its supposed to be and it still gives me a black screen when i load it... any thoughts?

Ive actually figured this problem out

Youre .iso is either compressed or screwed up

but then you might say, hey it worked and made my iso into an eboot

This is wrong, because i tried it myself ( i comprssed my iso to see if it worked) and you know what happened i had the SAME problem as you
The program just probably wrote your iso to the eboot.pbp so it cant really tell if youre .iso is compressed or modified

Your iso musnt be comprseed, modified in anyway
This is what happens when you compress or modify it

You can fix it by

Decompressing the iso
download another file
any other way to make it a 100% clean dump

Heres what you should try doing

All you gotta do is go to the drive that has the cd in it just drag'n drop all the files contained within the cd into your desktop

after that just use alcohol 120% to compile it into a .iso file

Theoretically this should work

kinda works like a .zip file

splodger15
December 25th, 2006, 20:22
This guide is very basic

SSaxdude
December 25th, 2006, 20:24
I did this but when I try and start the game, all I get is a black screen. When I put my PSX iso turned into EBOOT on my PSP, do I need to put the Keys.bin and Document.dat files as well?

Tetris999
December 25th, 2006, 20:32
I did this but when I try and start the game, all I get is a black screen. When I put my PSX iso turned into EBOOT on my PSP, do I need to put the Keys.bin and Document.dat files as well?

Yes put in the keys.bin also make sure your .iso is a 100% clean dump and is not compressed or anything

This guide is very basic

hmmm and what do you mean "basic" are you implying my guide is something that wont help anybody?
thats lame man, yes maybe i would try to make my guide better but when you just say "thats basic" youre pretty much trying to make someone look bad

Dont get me wrong if you were trying to tell me to make my guide better the could you please tell what to make better

but when you just say one word "basic" its stupid and very lame, its almost like you had no reason to your post but to just make some one mad or you were just spamming

jmister102
December 25th, 2006, 20:48
So you can't get Hot Shots 2 unless you own a PS3 right?

Tetris999
December 25th, 2006, 20:56
add me to msn if u need something like that

splodger15
December 25th, 2006, 20:56
You can get it without a PS3 but you need to know these placers where to get them.

drquack02
December 25th, 2006, 20:58
So you can't get Hot Shots 2 unless you own a PS3 right?

theoretically

niallod55
December 25th, 2006, 21:03
This is a picture of my directory for a FF7 Eboot. Can you see why every time i load this game it just comes up blank?

splodger15
December 25th, 2006, 21:10
Why are you using Eloader

Tetris999
December 25th, 2006, 21:11
are you a hen D user?

niallod55
December 25th, 2006, 21:16
I'm Not using eloader anymore. That file is ancient. I downgraded to 1.5 and now back to 3.02-B.

drquack02
December 25th, 2006, 21:17
I'm going to cmd and typing:

C:\>popstation\popstation.exe file.iso and its telling me cannot open file.iso...

Everything is there though...any thoughts?

December 25th, 2006, 21:20

C:\>popstation\popstation.exe file.iso and its telling me cannot open file.iso...

Make sure the ISO in your directory is named file.iso

SpacemanSpiff
December 25th, 2006, 22:54
try cd C:\>popstation\popstation.exe file.iso

jOeBrO
December 25th, 2006, 23:11
ok i have everything loaded into the GAME folder like its supposed to be and it still gives me a black screen when i load it... any thoughts?

EDIT: i'm doing mega man x 4 if that makes any difference and i have it on the memory stick likes its supposed to be

Tetris999
December 25th, 2006, 23:11

Take all the files OUT OF the popstation folder and put them all in the C:\

then just do it like this

C:\popstation.exe file.iso

It will work

Tetris999
December 25th, 2006, 23:15
ok i have everything loaded into the GAME folder like its supposed to be and it still gives me a black screen when i load it... any thoughts?

Ive actually figured this problem out

Youre .iso is either compressed or screwed up

but then you might say, hey it worked and made my iso into an eboot

This is wrong, because i tried it myself ( i comprssed my iso to see if it worked) and you know what happened i had the SAME problem as you
The program just probably right your iso to the eboot.pbp so it cant really tell if youre .iso is compressed or modified

Your iso musnt be comprseed, modified in anyway
This is what happens when you compress or modify it

You can fix it by

Decompressing the iso
download another file
any other way to make it a 100% clean dump

I dont know how psx burning works so i cant really help with that

jOeBrO
December 25th, 2006, 23:17
hmm i used winiso to rip it.. maybe i should try alcohol 120%

Tetris999
December 25th, 2006, 23:19
Heres what you should try doing, i THINK it works like this correct me if im wrong

All you gotta do is go to the drive that has the cd in it just drag'n drop all the files contained within the cd into your desktop

after that just use alcohol 120% to compile it into a .iso file

Theoretically this should work

kinda works like a .zip file

jOeBrO
December 25th, 2006, 23:24
thanks for the help tetris999!!! :D :D

i'm copying the new PBP to my psp now

i'll fill you in on if it works once its done

EDIT: OH YEAH IT WORKS NOW!!! thanks again tetris!!

smoky
December 25th, 2006, 23:32
everything worked for me too all thanks to tetris999's guide which i understood completely, thanks again bro , oh and ive been playing FF tactics, FF7, FF9, FF8 , Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3 and they all work perfectly!!!!

ninja9393
December 26th, 2006, 00:08
i got mgs working full speed using tekken 2 instead of hotshots :D

Tetris999
December 26th, 2006, 00:36
youre all welcome :D

Man
December 26th, 2006, 01:08

To fix that, you must change the .iso part accordingly, if its .cue or, .img you must change the file that you type in .img, EXAMPLE FF7.img in comad prompt type : popstation.exe FF7.img. Hope that helps.

Man
December 26th, 2006, 01:14
sorry guys didnt mean to double post, my internet is screwed up.

Heero808
December 26th, 2006, 01:23
Well i ripped it with alcohol 120% to a .img file and then i made a PIC1.png and ICON0.png for it and converted it to a pbp and when i load it it shows a capcom opening screen and then a black screen but then you you can only exit.
is there something i should know because i did the same thing with my Gundam Battle Assault 2 and it works fine

Tetris999
December 26th, 2006, 02:09
Well i ripped it with alcohol 120% to a .img file and then i made a PIC1.png and ICON0.png for it and converted it to a pbp and when i load it it shows a capcom opening screen and then a black screen but then you you can only exit.
is there something i should know because i did the same thing with my Gundam Battle Assault 2 and it works fine

Try ripping it like I mentioned earlier (pg 2) should work

ALSO make sure ALL ISO'S are NTSC not PAL (NTSC i think are usa) Probably youre iso is just not compatible with emulator at the moment, because its from a foreign country, what game are u trying to rip anyway?

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU ARENT COMPRESSING IT OR CHANGING IT, you must have it as a 100% CLEAN DUMP

Heero808
December 26th, 2006, 02:17
ITs Marvel vs. capcom ntsc untouched right of the disc

Tetris999
December 26th, 2006, 02:21
Its probably not compatible or your doing something wrong

ill say it again did u try my method on pg 2?

PSPKOR
December 26th, 2006, 03:48
So how do i get the hot shots games then? I thought you need a PS3 to get it.

Tetris999
December 26th, 2006, 04:45
So how do i get the hot shots games then? I thought you need a PS3 to get it.

Well yes thats the only LEGAL way........

Kaiser
December 26th, 2006, 04:56
Nice, added to Guide Library.

tuta
December 26th, 2006, 05:09
Guys the document.dat isnt needed
its just used when U press HOME button-->softwaremanual its just a manual no biggies if it isnt there

great tut but u can skip the run-->CMD with the new POPSTATION Gui
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40660

Tetris999
December 26th, 2006, 05:37
Guys the document.dat isnt needed
its just used when U press HOME button-->softwaremanual its just a manual no biggies if it isnt there

great tut but u can skip the run-->CMD with the new POPSTATION Gui
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40660

Very Good Find Tuta thanks a lot

Really good find :D this should make it easier on everyone, and thats what this guide is pointed to everyone, and if you think i take this as an insult, i dont thanks again

just makes my guide kinda suck huh :p

EDIT:Oh this thing cant convert ICON0 and PIC1 to put them into the eboot bummer..

gunntims0103
December 26th, 2006, 05:51
I did it no problem and my steps are even easier. I just approached it as if i were running a lua script and it worked perfectly :)

im putting a ff7 eboot on my psp right now!

Tetris999
December 26th, 2006, 08:34
I did it no problem and my steps are even easier. I just approached it as if i were running a lua script and it worked perfectly :)

im putting a ff7 eboot on my psp right now!

You go man how bout you help us out with your easy steps :D

Also mine are pointed towards noobs, so dont get me wrong if it was easy for you

muffinman
December 26th, 2006, 12:51
whenever i go to boot up a game that ive ripped to eboot etc, i get the error message ca000005.

However i can run hotshots golf 2 fine. i have the correct layout of files etc so anyone have any ideas whats wrong?

ps ive tried with FFT and MGS

weirdelf
December 26th, 2006, 12:52
I have done everything you said, but when I try to start the game it says "The game could not be started 80000004"

Zombo
December 26th, 2006, 12:56
Do you by any chance know how to use CWCheat for the PSX games,I honestly read the read-me and I never see a cheat option or anything pop up in my games >_<

Wow how stupid of me all I had to do is hold Select in game for the CWCheat :p

Mr. Shizzy
December 26th, 2006, 23:32
How do I get rid of the Hot shots PIC0? (The one with the writing thats over the top of my PIC1)

Tetris999
December 27th, 2006, 03:58
How do I get rid of the Hot shots PIC0? (The one with the writing thats over the top of my PIC1)

Very easy all you have to do is open it with psp brew, and delete the unknown.png

Tetris999
December 27th, 2006, 04:00
whenever i go to boot up a game that ive ripped to eboot etc, i get the error message ca000005.

However i can run hotshots golf 2 fine. i have the correct layout of files etc so anyone have any ideas whats wrong?

ps ive tried with FFT and MGS

First of all what kernel are you using? if youre using the 3.02 kernel put the game in the GAME302 folder WITH ITS keys.bin

if you have 150 kernel then put it in the game folder
with its keys bin again

also make sure your games arent PAL and that you have the USA ver of hot shots golf 2

Tetris999
December 27th, 2006, 04:03
I have done everything you said, but when I try to start the game it says "The game could not be started 80000004"

Like i mentioned before make sure you have

The keys.bin in the same folder as the game

and make sure that you have USA Ver of hot shots golf 2

ALSO this may sound kinda dumb but, are you at OE-A?

Also if using 1.50 kernel put it in the game folder

if using 3.02 kernel put in the GAME302 folder

OH sorry for triple post i just cant really figure out how to do multiple quotes

sok98
December 27th, 2006, 04:20
k guys help i followed every step perfect, but it says cannot read file.iso, so since im using a .bin i changed it to file.bin and now it says cant read file.bin... what am i doing wrong

Edit: did the bin file instead of the cue, works great now
Edit2: nvm... tried the new eboot, didnt expect it to work lol the cue was like 1 mb and the bin was like 305mb.. ha so i keep trying to do the bin and it cant open it... help please
Edit3: Ok... finally got it to open the bin... now its all good and when i go to play it says "the game could not be started. (ca000005)

muffinman
December 27th, 2006, 17:51
i sorted my own problem tetris.

the issue was popstation requires keys.bin to just be a file (not .bin) so i was trying to use that file. I went back to the original after i realized and put the keys.bin into the file and it worked.

so everything was where it should be, jus the file type was wrong

splodger15
December 27th, 2006, 18:45
Tetris999 triple post

There is a edit button