PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 OE-A vs. 1.50 Comparison

mcshortcut
December 25th, 2006, 22:21
LEGEND
+++= 3.0X OE-X Exclusive
++ = Advantage 3.0X OE-X Also possible on 1.50 (Devhook or X-Flash needed)
+ = Also possible on 1.50 but you have to start Devhook (Firmware loaded from MS)
= Not an Advantage but a Feature like in 1.50
- = Not possible (Contra)

1.50 ADVANTAGES
+ All Homebrew working (UMD-Emulator or PSPSet and PSP-Movie UMD Backups loading)
+ Play new PSP Games that require Firmware up to 3.03 (-Have to use Devhook)
+ New Media Formats playable (-Have to use Devhook)
+ All 3.03 Features and Enhancements over 1.50 (Music, Visualizer, h264, WMA, H264, Flash and More Media)
+ Stable official Sony Firmware
+ Emulate every Firmware (-with Devhook) without flashing MCP

3.0X OE-X ADVANTAGES
+++ Hacked PSX Emulator (Play your own PSX-Disk Backups converted and compressed to Eboot)
+++ Memory Sticks over 4GB supported (8GB and bigger)
+++ No Space on the Memory Stick needed (Everything is in Flash, Devhook needs ~20MB MS-Space)
+++ Recovery Mode (Rescue a Semi-Bricked PSP and configure Special features)
+++ Region Free (Changer)
+++ X-O Button changer (for imported JAP PSP's for Example) integrated into Firmware
+++ 3.0X Features and 1.50 Features in one FW without Devhook
++ All 3.0X Features and Enhancements over 1.50 (Music, Visualizer, h264, WMA, H264, Flash and More Media)
++ PRX-Plugins from MemoryStick (Overclock to 333MHZ, Brightness Level 4 without AC, Cheat Module...)
++ Load PSP-Backups from XMB (Save Battery and faster Loading Times)
++ Load compressed PSP-Backups (CSO, alot smaller but Games like GTA Lag)
++ NoUMD-Mode (Expand Laser Unit Lifetime with Backups from MS currently not supperted by Devhook)
++ Skip SCE Logo (Integrated changer in Recovery Mode)
++ Activate WMA and Flash Player offline (Registry Hack via Recovery Mode)
+ 1.00 Eboot support (Not Kxploited) Tiny advantage. Most if not all hb is in 1.50 format.
+ Auto Eboot Launch Tiny advantage. Just press a few extra buttons, if you really do use this feature.
+ Play UMD-Games that require Firmware 2.00-3.0X No advantage. Use devhook.
+ WMA,H264,Flash and More Media Types supported No advantage. devhook.
+ UMD-Autostart ON/OFF Feature
Nearly all 1.50 Homebrew works (3.0X OE-X is a modified Hybrid-FW of 1.50 and 3.0X)
Devhook Supported

3.0X OE-A CONTRA
- Some Savegames from 1.50 Devhook don't work (Play it again with 33% more FPS (333MHZ) on 3.0X OE-X :-)
- NoUMD Mode Compatibility Problems for some Games
- Nearly full Flash 0 (Not much Space for big Gameboot.pmf's etc.)
- Location Free Player removed (Not enough Space Left in Flash0 but nearly noone uses it)
- Big Korean Font Files removed from Flash 0 (Relinked to other small Font)
- Completely reflash of onboard MCP needed (Not really risky, anyone of the Brickers didn't read Instructions)
- PSP-Movie UMD Backups not working yet

3.0X OE-X is definately the "Golden Firmware". It's better than the plain 1.50 and any other official or unofficial Firmware out there. So stop asking. It has all the strenghts and none of the weaknesses of 1.50. And it's getting better with every update. You can downgrade everytime to 1.50 (Really Senseless). If anyone asks wich is the best Firmware, send him to this Thread. Now with the new Popstation cracked to play nearly any PSX-Game compressed and fullspeed i feel like in Heaven. Dark Alex is definately the King of the PSP Homebrew scene. Muchas Gracias.... For now, i can't imagine how to make this beautiful Firmware any better, but i'm shure it will get better... Anyway. Stop asking this Questions and update your PSP with the new Golden Firmware. SONY definately got owned....

Scorchiolio
December 25th, 2006, 22:34
Awesome! Lovin' the 3.02 OE-B! Except, that wasn't a comparison, more of stating that 3.02 OE-B is better than 1.5

splodger15
December 25th, 2006, 22:38
What is the point of this thread

madcat1990
December 26th, 2006, 01:29

I was wondering that too xD

Tetris999
December 26th, 2006, 02:27

You know what I noticed you ALWAYS have something negative to say

The point of this thread is stop every person who askes a question about the diffrences between 1.50 and 3.02 OE-B

Pretty much it, it helps lots of us when ppl ask

IS 1.50 better
Will i be able to downgrade to 1.50
1.50 1.50 1.50

Hes just pointing out 3.02 OE-B IS BETTER THAN as 1.50

THUS it should be upgraded to

Hence the name the differences between 1.50 and 3.02 OE-B

Now do you understand the topic?

Or were you just posting for fun?

tuta
December 26th, 2006, 04:00
woah tetris u gettin wiser eh?

theres really isnt a point in this but well

advantage 3.02oe over plain 1.5 is play PSX games(from PS3 or POSTATION) and no need for devhook along with recovery mode

disadvantage only 1 so far which is slow boot up(no irshell its a pity but who cares i like xmb better)

POPSTATION*

Malksta
December 26th, 2006, 04:22
Seems like hes matured alot, he started using capital letters :p

red_sox32
December 26th, 2006, 04:53
does 3.02 OE-B run *cough*iso*cough*?

splodger15
December 26th, 2006, 09:36
You know what I noticed you ALWAYS have something negative to say

Because you need to tell the truth to people you cant exactly lie by saying"Yeh this thread is cool".Because it is not cool.

I am not going to lie about this thread i just say what i think on it

Hes just pointing out 3.02 OE-B IS BETTER THAN as 1.50

We already new that we didnt need a thread for it

Or were you just posting for fun?

What do you mean posting for fun.I posted because i thought the thread was pointless

kharaboudjan
December 26th, 2006, 20:33
well.. my BIG question is can i play gpSP and CPS2 and those cool emus on 3.02 OE-B?

i havent read a line that says those cool emus does work as good as they do on the 1.5..

i wont upgrade until i can know for sure i will be able to continue to play neo geo, gba and those emus at full speed, anyone who knows?

dejkirkby
December 26th, 2006, 20:42
well.. my BIG question is can i play gpSP and CPS2 and those cool emus on 3.02 OE-B?

i havent read a line that says those cool emus does work as good as they do on the 1.5..

i wont upgrade until i can know for sure i will be able to continue to play neo geo, gba and those emus at full speed, anyone who knows?

Upgrade and upgraed now. Take it from me ALL emulators and homebrew that work on 1.5, work just as good on 3.02OE and in the case of PS1 emulation, even better.

Tetris999, why do you gotta be so argumentative all the time. It's like you are always spoiling for a flame war. Chill dude.

kharaboudjan
December 26th, 2006, 20:51
that sounds fantastic dejkirkby!!

im getting really exited about this new firmware.. i have been really faithful to my 1.5 for almost 1 & ½ year.... but perhaps its time for me to change my mind and upgrade at last :D

F9zDark
December 27th, 2006, 00:38
This thread is pointless, whether it is true or not it doesn't offer any HARD evidence for a noob or any member of this site to upgrade. Now had the OP taken the time to write an organized list of the Pros and Cons of each firmware, keeping his opinion out of it (by this I mean, maintaining an open, unbiased mind) would this thread in fact serve any purpose.

thefanaticgamer
December 27th, 2006, 01:15
there is one problem i have found with custom firmwares.... that being some random games have hardcoded pathnames that dont work do to the new folder you hav e to put the games in... although this doesnt really matter.... or am i just wrong about this too?

Tetris999
December 27th, 2006, 02:48
We already new that we didnt need a thread for it

My freind read the title what does it say?

3.02 OE-B vs. 1.50 Comparison (For Noobs)

This is very true, lots of ppl ask wether 1.50 is better than 3.02 OE-B, this clears things up, pretty easy?

Oh yes and im not angry, im helping splodger understand a use to this thread thats all

Baboon
December 27th, 2006, 12:21
there is one problem i have found with custom firmwares.... that being some random games have hardcoded pathnames that dont work do to the new folder you hav e to put the games in... although this doesnt really matter.... or am i just wrong about this too?

You could be right about this. I havent tried all of my emulators yet but Castaway (the atari st emu) uses a hardcoded pathname to place all of the games into! ...I hope this emu still works on this new firmware??

Bigmill
December 27th, 2006, 13:37
Well I'm a 'noob' or whatever and this thread has proven useful. 3.02 OE-B sounds the best and was just about to upgrade from a 'virgin' 1.50 but now I hear the Castaway emu might not run - maybe a problem with others too? So I'll hold back a bit even though I want PSone games on my PSP!

Thanks.

Baboon
December 29th, 2006, 10:59
Well I'm a 'noob' or whatever and this thread has proven useful. 3.02 OE-B sounds the best and was just about to upgrade from a 'virgin' 1.50 but now I hear the Castaway emu might not run - maybe a problem with others too? So I'll hold back a bit even though I want PSone games on my PSP!

Thanks.

I fixed the problem and Castaway does run on 3.02 0E-B (it even hides the corrupt data icon that was on my 1.5 for the 'atari_st' folder'). :D

All I did was select 'hide corrupt icons' and set kernel mode to 1.5 in the recovery mode menu, then I just placed the Castaway 1.0 single eboot into the 'atari_st' folder and moved that into the 'game' folder (not game150) and everything works fine! :thumbup:

From what ive tried everything has 1.5 100% compatibility!

Happy days. :)

kharaboudjan
December 29th, 2006, 13:22
i did update.. i havent tried any of my old emus yet, (snes, CPS2, GBA etc)

but the ability to play ps1 games are worth even if i couldnt play my old emus :P (almost)

crash bandicoot 3 just looks amazing on the psp screen btw!!

Russoxley187
December 29th, 2006, 14:07
I love it, now that the TA82 downgrader is out I have two PSP's running golden firmware....
YEEEAAAHHHH.....

gr42178
December 29th, 2006, 16:11
You could be right about this. I havent tried all of my emulators yet but Castaway (the atari st emu) uses a hardcoded pathname to place all of the games into! ...I hope this emu still works on this new firmware??

I believe you guys are having this problem because you put your eboots in the "game150" folder. Just put them in the "game" folder and change the kernel mode to 1.5 in the recovery menu and they should all work.

scottyboynow
January 3rd, 2007, 19:23
3 Pages For a Rubbish Thread.LOL

kindredphantom
January 3rd, 2007, 19:38
Though this thread may be biased, but it does answer the simple question, can it run homebrew.

pt9087
January 3rd, 2007, 20:27
*cough yes cough*

I have always said that 1.5 is the best firmware ever, because it is the original.

You may be saying 3.02 is better but in my opinion... 1.5 is the best firmware.

lol And yes i do have 3.02 hehe

mcshortcut
January 3rd, 2007, 21:40
1.50 ADVANTAGES
+All Homebrew working (The ones that cant be played arent needed for 3.03 OE-A like UMD-Emulator or PSPSet)

1.50 CONTRA
-Devhook needed to play newer Games
-Memory Sticks over 4GB not supported
-Only MP3, JPG and MP4 supported
-No Web-Browser

3.03 OE-A ADVANTAGES
+Hacked PSX Emulator (Play your own PSX-Disk Backups converted and compressed to Eboot)
+PRX-Plugins from MemoryStick (Overclock to 333MHZ, Brightness Level 4 without AC, Cheat Module...)
+Load PSP-Backups from XMB (Save Battery and faster Loading Times)
+Load compressed PSP-Backups (CSO, alot smaller but Games like GTA Lag) from XMB
+Nearly all 1.50 Homebrew works (3.03 OE-A is a modified Hybrid-FW of 1.50 and 3.03)
+No Space on the Memory Stick needed (Everything is in Flash while Devhook needs MS-Space)
+Memory Sticks over 4GB supported
+Devhook support
+1.00 Eboot support (Not Kxploited)
+Auto Eboot Launch
+Play UMD-Games that require Firmware 2.00-3.03
+WMA,H264,Flash and More Media Types supported
+UMD-Autostart ON/OFF Feature
+Recovery Mode (Rescue a Semi-Bricked PSP and configure Special features)
+All 3.03 Features and enhancements over 1.50 (Music Visualizer h264 Playback...)
+NoUMD-Mode (Expand Laser Unit Lifetime with Backups from MS)
+Complete Kernel Access
+Region Free (Changer)
+Skip SCE Logo
+Activate WMA and Flash Player (Registry Hack via Recovery Mode, without WiFi)
+X-O Button changer (for imported JAP PSP's for Example)
+Flash of PRX's
+No UMD Mode (No UMD in Drive while playing from MS)
+Decrypted Document.dat for PSX-Emulator Supported (Insert Manual and Cheats)

3.03 OE-A CONTRA
-Some Savegames from 1.50 Devhook don't work (Play it again with 33% more FPS (333MHZ) on 3.03 OE-A :-)
-NoUMD Mode Compatibility Problems for some Games
-Nearly full Flash 0 (Not much Space for big Gameboot.pmf's etc.)
-Location Free Player removed (Not enough Space Left in Flash0 but nearly noone uses it)
-Big Korean Font Files removed from Flash 0 (Relinked to other small Font)

3.03 OE-A is definately the "Golden Firmware". It's better than the plain 1.50 and any other official or unofficial Firmware out there. So stop asking. It has all the strenghts and none of the weaknesses of 1.50. And it's getting better with every update. You can downgrade everytime to 1.50 (Really Senseless). If anyone asks wich is the best Firmware, send him to this Thread. Now with the new Popstation cracked to play nearly any PSX-Game compressed and fullspeed i feel like in Heaven. Dark Alex is definately the King of the PSP Homebrew scene. Muchas Gracias.... For now, i can't imagine how to make this beautiful Firmware any better, but i'm shure it will get better... Anyway. Stop asking this Questions and update your PSP with the new Golden Firmware. SONY definately got owned....

baracki96
January 3rd, 2007, 21:57
Definintely psx-emulator is the big draw to 3.02oe, at least for me, as well as the high firmware for playing newer games.

mexicansnake
January 3rd, 2007, 22:23
1.50 ADVANTAGES
+All Homebrew working (The ones that cant be played arent needed for 3.03 OE-A like UMD-Emulator or PSPSet)

1.50 CONTRA
-Devhook needed to play newer Games
-Memory Sticks over 4GB not supported
-Only MP3, JPG and MP4 supported
-No Web-Browser

3.03 OE-A ADVANTAGES
+Hacked PSX Emulator (Play your own PSX-Disk Backups converted and compressed to Eboot)
+PRX-Plugins from MemoryStick (Overclock to 333MHZ, Brightness Level 4 without AC, Cheat Module...)
+Load PSP-Backups from XMB (To save Battery and for better Loading Times)
+Nearly all 1.50 Homebrew works (3.03 OE-A is a modified Hybrid-FW of 1.50 and 3.03)
+No Space on the Memory Stick needed (Everything is in Flash while Devhook needs MS-Space)
+Memory Sticks over 4GB supported
+Load compressed PSP-Backups (alot smaller but Games like GTA Lag) from XMB (CSO and DAX)
+WMV,H264,Flash and More Media Types supported
+UMD-Autostart ON/OFF Feature
+Recovery Mode (Rescue a Semi-Bricked PSP and configure Special features)
+All 3.03 Features and enhancements over 1.50 (Music Visualizer h264 Playback...)
+Expand Laser Unit Lifetime (Laser dont read while playing PSP-Games from MS)
+Complete Kernel Access
+Flash of PRX's
+No UMD Mode (No UMD in Drive while playing from MS)
+Decrypted Document.dat for PSX-Emulator Supported (Insert Manual and Cheats)

3.03 OE-A CONTRA
-Some Savegames from 1.50 Devhook don't work (Play it again with 33% more FPS (333MHZ) on 3.03 OE-A :-)
-NoUMD Mode Compatibility Problems for some Games
-Nearly full Flash 0 (Not much Space for big Gameboot.pmf's etc.)
-Location Free Player removed (Not enough Space Left in Flash0)

3.03 OE-A is definately the "Golden Firmware". It's better than the plain 1.50 and any other official or unofficial Firmware out there. So stop asking. It has all the strenghts and none of the weaknesses of 1.50. And it's getting better with every update. You can downgrade everytime to 1.50 (Really Senseless). If anyone asks wich is the best Firmware, send him to this Thread. Now with the new Popstation cracked to play nearly any PSX-Game compressed and fullspeed i feel like in Heaven. Dark Alex is definately the King of the PSP Homebrew scene. Muchas Gracias.... For now, i can't imagine how to make this beautiful Firmware any better, but i'm shure it will get better... Anyway. Stop asking this Questions and update your PSP with the new Golden Firmware. SONY definately got owned....
For all the Noobs and ***gods.... Now this Thread makes Sense....

This is the "golden firmware" yay! :thumbup: .

zevende
January 3rd, 2007, 22:56
+WMV,H264,Flash and More Media Types supported
Is this a mistake, or is Windows Media Video actually supported in 3.03?

aCoL
January 3rd, 2007, 23:08
i have 1.5 and when i want the internet browser just boot up devhook to it then use those new fetures :)

mcshortcut
January 4th, 2007, 00:15
aCol, you are ether blind, old-fashioned or you close your Eyes in front of Reality... If you read the first Post and dont change your Mind, you must be kiddin..

There is a New Era.. 1.50 is over.. 3.02 OE-B is NOW.
It's like when you have a fat Chic as Girlfriend (She can maybe dress herself like good looking Chic, but it isn't the same as a real Sexy Chic) and someone wants to offer you 10 sexy Girls for replacement and you dont want it. Unbelievable...

wolfpack
January 4th, 2007, 01:13
that was one strange analogy

aCoL
January 4th, 2007, 02:34
i just came back to give this a second look i just got 1.5 and dont want to leave it nervous :P

cha0ticbliss
January 4th, 2007, 02:40
It is quite safe to upgrade, just make sure you follow the directions and you won't run into any problems. However, you might as well wait for 3.03 OE since it is coming out tommorow.

cdrdj
January 4th, 2007, 03:15
I've been wondering for a while now, What is a Semi-Brick? Is it just a normal brick but because of the recovery option, it's not a full blown brick? Is it the same concept as a 1.5 brick except for the fact that you can "recover" from it?

cha0ticbliss
January 4th, 2007, 03:23
I think that recovery boots up before the firmware so that if you screw up the flash and the firmware can't boot up, you still have recovery to run and eboot to fix your flash and usb to put the eboot on there if it isn't already.

cdrdj
January 4th, 2007, 03:38
I think that recovery boots up before the firmware so that if you screw up the flash and the firmware can't boot up, you still have recovery to run and eboot to fix your flash and usb to put the eboot on there if it isn't already.

Ohh, i see. So with cw it's pretty much brick proof in a sense? At least, better chances than a 1.5

Dariusz2k
January 6th, 2007, 06:31
You'll have to excuse my noobishness, I just installed 3.03 OE-A and I'm a bit new. I was on 1.50 and I'm trying to run some homebrew, however, everytime I try to run the homebrew it refuses to run and tells me that the game cannot be started with an error code, much like the homebrew blockage of other types, did I miss a step?

Tetris999
January 6th, 2007, 07:13
Well theres one thing i can say, we cant make that choice for you, we can help you decide but if you want to stay at 1.50 then stay, you have a reason to and you dont need further convincing if your happy with you're 1.50 then stay if your not really seeking something of more value

Dariusz2k
January 6th, 2007, 07:24
So then how do you run homebrew on 3.03 OE-B?

Mister Klownes
January 6th, 2007, 09:03
I've got 3 no-umd loaders, Puzzle Bobble, Star Soldier, and Wipeout Pure, Japanese, Japanese, and European respectively. None of them work. I'm wondering if it's a region issue (that I didn't have with 1.5) or is it something else that someone else might've encountered. Also, Snes9x TYL .4 gives me some weird problems. It gives me a memory card error when it boots up, claiming the memory card is corrupt, but after hitting the parent directory button a few times, it backs out to the root, and I can then manually enter the roms folder. However, I've noticed a few roms load, but then fail when attempted to load new data (not sure if it's a problem with the rom or the emu). Anyone else had similar problems or have any ideas?

Edit (after installing 3.03): So I never noticed the spiffy little setting in the recovery to turn no-umd on and off >_>

also snes emu works fine now, all's well that ends well, I suppose...