PDA

View Full Version : Installing 3.02 OE-B on a 2.71 SE-B""/2.81 hybrid PSP question.

zompton
December 25th, 2006, 23:07
I have 2.71 SE-B'' and the 2.81 hybrid installed on my PSP. Before i install 3.02 OE-A do i need to uninstall the 2.81 hybrid? I got the SE installer package for 3.02 OE-A so i realize i dont need to uninstall 2.71 SE-B''. If i do need to uninstall the 2.81 hybrid then how, because i dont have the readme anymore? Also, should i format my memory stick before i install the 3.02 OE-A or would that be bad, or make no difference?

madcat1990
December 26th, 2006, 00:19
By updating the PSP Firmware, you do not affect homebrew, just the flash section of the PSP, now, there are certain factors like, if the Eboots are for Firmware 1.5 (which I seriously doubt) and that I remember...that's about it XD. But I think it won't make a difference :)
Formating your MS won't make a difference.
and if you want to delete the 2.81 (if it is run'd by Devhook, do the following:

(suposing you have windows as an Operating system)
go to your PSP
in the XMB menu (where there is the game symbol, music, etc...) go to settings section and select the USB option, connect the USB Cable to your PsP.

Now in your computer
on your desktop open "My Computer"
then "Removable Disk" (The PSP MS)
you should see a folder called "DH"
delete it
then go to PSP > GAME
Delete the DevHook folders

and that's it! :D