PDA

View Full Version : Popstation to convert PS1 games

m0th
December 26th, 2006, 01:14
Am I reading this right? You need a PS3 to BUY and DOWNLOAD Hot Shot 2 and keys.bin before you can create your own PSP compatible PS1 games?

Maybe I havent looked hard enough on the forum but no ones asked or explained how to actually play your own PS1 games on the new Custom fw.

sok98
December 26th, 2006, 01:29
lol if u want im sur eyou could find the eboot fo hot shots 2 on the internet or torrents, but that would be illegal ;)

m0th
December 26th, 2006, 01:32
hehe ive already started looking.. no such luck

m0th
December 26th, 2006, 02:48
So I got Hotshots 2 working but when I use it to create one of my own PS1 games (tried personal rip of Spyro 2, SOTN) it loads to the black disclaimer screen like hotshots, goes black and errors to a generic game cannot be started. Im begining to think its the keys.bin file doesnt work with other than the game it was meant for. Anyone have any luck?

tuta
December 26th, 2006, 03:38
Get the POPStation GUI from maxconsole

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40660

SOTN works for me maybe ur CD is problematic or U are getting a bad rip of sotn?

Check regions too remember DAX says PAL games have problems

zevende
December 26th, 2006, 05:28
So I got Hotshots 2 working but when I use it to create one of my own PS1 games (tried personal rip of Spyro 2, SOTN) it loads to the black disclaimer screen like hotshots, goes black and errors to a generic game cannot be started. Im begining to think its the keys.bin file doesnt work with other than the game it was meant for. Anyone have any luck?
I got my copy of FF7 running perfectly. Are you sure you put everything in the right place? If so, get yourself a new copy of Hotshots 2.

F9zDark
December 26th, 2006, 06:20
I got RE2 working. Try ripping your games as IMG. My ISO rip of RE2 didn't work, but my IMG rip did (maybe I was lucky...). If you think the key file is messed, PM me.

m0th
December 26th, 2006, 07:30
Yeah for some reason I have to cold boot my PSP each time I wanna try a new game. It works though but I wonder if I have trouble with multiple disk games like ff7 since I have to completely shutdown the system, copy over disc x and hope it picks up where it left off.