PDA

View Full Version : Do you turn the 360 power brick off at the mains?

chemical
December 26th, 2006, 10:45
Hey guys,

Merry Christmas, got my 360 last night 8-)

I have been really busy so I havent even had a chance to put a game in yet. Everything seems to work great on my PC using the VGA adapter so far, if you get a 3.5mm stereo coupler, the 360 sounds great through regular pc speakers, and once i set resolution to 1280 x 1024 it looks great too.

Only thing I was alittle concerned about was that the power brick never turns off, the light just goes orange as if its in standby, I have heard alot of bad things about the brick, so was wondering if most people turn it off at the mains?

Hopefully most don't as mine runs through a 4 to 1, and I can't by assed unplugging it everytime :P

Thanks

beetroot bertie
December 26th, 2006, 13:06
I dunno about everyone else but I turn mine off at the mains as it seems a waste to have some power running through it when it's not in use and also because the orange light is annoying casting out quite a glow at night.

wraggster
December 26th, 2006, 18:59
i turn my lads 360 off at mains

chemical
December 31st, 2006, 18:40
Ok, I asked around and most people seem to, so after some heavy rearranging I have given my 360 its own switch to turn off.

Thanks for the help.

gdf
January 15th, 2007, 21:47
if you turn the brick off the time screws up totally, it stays the same. might not annoy others (nobody else noticed probs!) but it well freakin pisses me off and i get all disorientated with the time. say it's about midday and im playing the 360. "Oh ill jus check the time" and "wtf! it cant be 2.31AM!"

Darksaviour69
January 16th, 2007, 09:23
i turn ,mine of at the mains, but my flate mate never turns his off at the mains. no real difference (bar saving a few £)

if you connected to live (gold or sliver), it will fix the time automaticly

gdf
January 16th, 2007, 13:28
ah, so thats why mine ****s up! i should start a campaign for broadband man, it's ridiculous. i'm serious. look out for a new thread in a few days on off topic forum.