PDA

View Full Version : Popstation savegames

PSPegasus
December 26th, 2006, 13:36
Firstly I'd just like to say that Popstation and 3.02OE are THE best things that ever happened to homebrew on the PSP. The guys involved in these things are GODS.
Now I have a few concerns about the way Popstation works though. First, since all the converted games are read on the PSP as Hot Shots 2, doesn't that mean that you can't have more than one savegame at any one time? Won't it just keep saving over the old savegame?
Second if it DOES create a new savegame for each eboot, won't that mean it's impossible to continue a savegame on games that use multiple disks? Eg. I was playing Metal Gear Solid (I lost my savegame anyway cause I don't know how to actually save :p ), and I know it has 2 disks. So if I play through to the 2nd disk and save, then convert the 2nd disk and make a new eboot, won't that mean it won't be able to read the old save, since it'll think it's a different game?
Hope that makes sense and that someone can answer it :p).

althena77
December 26th, 2006, 16:03
You are right about the thing with different games, I also tried that out once I noticed that all savegames that are not from the official PSP Store games were named Hot Shots 2. It is not possible to play two games that you need savegames for the same time. If you play for example Dragon Quest VII, save the game and play after that Metal Gear Solid and you save there, your DQ VII savegame would be lost. I tried that with Strider 2 and Rockman X4.
I am not so sure about games that use multiple disks, maybe here it could come in handy that they both name their savegames Hot Shots 2. Guess we have to try out ourselves or wait until someone makes it in FF VII, Metal GS or whatever game to the second disk.