PDA

View Full Version : Multi Disc PSX Games

steve-b
December 26th, 2006, 14:00
I'm just checking out this new emulator stuff with 3.02oe. I have a whole bunch of old games I just dug out of the loft and a few of these are multi disc games. How are these gonna work in the emulator? I'll have more than one ISO to convert..what happens when the game gets to a part it needs the next disc for?

Is it even worth converting these games to popstation format?

Malksta
December 26th, 2006, 15:59
I'm using FF8 as an example..

When you finish Disc 1 it gives you an option to save, save your game delete the disc 1 iso and replace it with a disc2 iso and load the game :)

Mazero
December 26th, 2006, 17:18
When you finish Disc 1 it gives you an option to save, save your game delete the disc 1 iso and replace it with a disc2 iso and load the game :)
If I'm not mistaken, not all games have the option to save before you change disc.

madcat1990
December 27th, 2006, 04:25
but fortunately SquareSoft loves us all xD

mikebeaver
December 27th, 2006, 13:05
Squaresoft DO NOT love us, im playing Chrono Cross and there is NO option to save at the end of disc 1, havent got there yet, but am trying as quick as i can so i can sort the problem out, may need to have 2 memory sticks and actually swap the card over.

PSPKOR
December 29th, 2006, 16:18
What we need for this is something that can take you out the game to the XMB whilst still running the game so we can launch the second disk.

Like if it ran on IR shell you could get to were it asks you to change the disc and switch back to IR shell and start the other disk.

Any one think its doable?