PDA

View Full Version : .NET on the DS?

XImplosionX
December 26th, 2006, 17:16
I was reading through the Mono specs, and it supports quite a few processor architectures, including the ARM set. So could it be possible to write something using .NET, install Mono to your DS and run that program (After you compiled it using DSLib of course) on the Nintendo DS?

Backstabbed
January 16th, 2007, 23:39
NDSLIB of course...*, But in theory this sounds like it would work.... Whatever your using it for i'de love to help you with it, maybe start a team of people :o

XImplosionX
January 17th, 2007, 00:17
What concerns me is the technical specs of the Nintendo DS. Could Mono.NET even run on such a platform? And if so, to what extent. These are things we'd need to factor in before diving headfirst into this...

Backstabbed
January 17th, 2007, 00:26
Googled: www.aboutnetmf.com/NET_Micro_Framework_Whitepaper_V_1.0.doc

Got your answer, it supports ARM 7 & 9 as well as Win32 :)

-edit: How would we compile this....?

XImplosionX
January 17th, 2007, 00:37
Win32 has no merit in this situation, seeing as the Nintendo DS doesn't support Win32, or does it! ...
No... it doesnt.
As for compiling, thats a bit a ways down the line. We still don't know if it would even run on the DS...

Backstabbed
January 17th, 2007, 00:39
I didnt say Win32 ran on DS i simply indicated that it was supported, so shame on you for trying to make me look bad :P, So what are we waiting for.... let's try running it! (Making whatever we need... i have no idea what i'm talking about... But when i learn.... oh i'll know... i'll know...)