PDA

View Full Version : the PSP Purchace saga

Vimes220
March 30th, 2005, 08:10
Might be quite boring for some but for the more inexperienced of us, here is my on-going story.

Good friday
Finally decided to purchace the PSP by importing it.
Canceled uk pre-order today. waiting for confirmation (can't really afford 2)

Vimes220
March 30th, 2005, 08:20
Easter Saturdayspent most of my morning browsing the net, looking at various sites and comparing prices. jez the price ranges from around £150 - £250+ for a standard PSP. got bored of waiting ordered PSP from www.success-hk.com (http://www.success-hk.com/). i'll order it before 10AM i might just get it processed and posted before easter sunday. little bird tells me that if i use airmail i will miss the custms charge (means it could take upto 30 days. well i can probably buy almost 2 games with the custom charge, i'll have to wait. finally opted for a standard pack with wipeout pure (USA). and will get accessories seperately.

Easter Sunday
recieved an 'Email delivery failure' email saying that an email i sent to [email protected] (which i didnt send) had not been sent, so i re-sent it anyway.
Got bored so Ordered Memory stick duo from www.photo-scotland.co.uk (http://www.photo-scotland.co.uk/). order not been processed by Success yet :( .

Easter Monday
bl**dy time zones. just worked out that i sent my order in at around 4pm due to the time difference:o . oh well no wonder they didn't get it done in time. spent day looking up games and accessories.

Vimes220
March 30th, 2005, 08:24
Tuesday 29TH

Checked if the PSP has been processed at success yet (nope) damn it. contacted Success through bizare ticket system to check that payment had been recieved ok. Received automated responce. damn thats right its midnight there!!!

leggy
March 30th, 2005, 15:29
Don't worry, the wait will be worth it!!

aseddon130
March 30th, 2005, 16:23
word :D

Vimes220
March 30th, 2005, 17:31
Wednesday 30THReceived reply from Success (yay)
They wanted to know the Woldpay invoice number (Damn!!)
sent new "support Ticket" detailing
good news is, when i tracked the order it had changed from a new order to "Received and to be processing" but still not dispatched!!!

on a more positive note. when i popped home for my lunch my memory card (with unexpected adapter) arrived from photo scotland.
so now i can save games on the PSP i don't have yet
lol

criptix
March 30th, 2005, 18:31
most of you guys are in the uk, no? The area i live in has psp's still in stock, about 15 of em actually but im in the US.

Vimes220
March 30th, 2005, 21:48
most of you guys are in the uk, no? The area i live in has psp's still in stock, about 15 of em actually but im in the US.

Keep rubbing it in!
I hate you :p
ok maybe just green with envy;)

Vimes220
March 31st, 2005, 07:56
thursday 29TH

Received an E-mail from Success, the Payment has been received and order has been dispatched. checked on order tracing though and it still says'Received and to be processing' so it may have been shipped yesterday. countdown begins....

balzer1
March 31st, 2005, 16:59
funny, my story is exactly the same as yours, just 2 days later. (even the rejected email) My order has just changed to 'Received and to be Processing' after I emailed them. I chose airmail delivery though, so it'll probably be a couple of weeks anyway before I get the psp.

not a bad deal $US 275 inc delivery for standard pack and ridge racers, hope I dont have to pay too much more when (if!) it arrives.

criptix
March 31st, 2005, 20:54
I wasnt rubbing it in i was just making a statement that if you guys wanted one i could pick it up if you guys paid for it and shipping. I wont charge anything else, could even do it on ebay i put em up buy it now at a certain time and you guys purchase tho i cant get money off of paypal so you would have to send it to me but i would end up saving you a pretty penny (pound, whatever the currency is now). Shipping would be about $30 US Global express, which is suppose to be 3 days. And the system $249.99 us plus 7.25% tax. Games are 39.99 and 49.99 plus tax.

And yes i will mark as a gift if you dont wana pay import tax. :D

Vimes220
March 31st, 2005, 21:49
Wasn't having a go at you, just at the situation in general.

Unfortunately i have already paid for this one but if i need a second (i have friends who will be sooooooo envious)

criptix
March 31st, 2005, 22:00
oh ok
dynasty warriors is so fun :D

Vimes220
April 1st, 2005, 23:00
April 1ST

No change in order satus, wonder if recieved and to be processing means they have sent it. They said they had sent it in the E-mail they sent me.

leggy
April 2nd, 2005, 08:36
Vimes - cancel your order and buy this -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75556&item=8182396578&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I bought one of him and you get next day delivery.

Do it!! :D

Vimes220
April 2nd, 2005, 20:34
it's already been shipped.

maximum of 2 weeks to wait.

although officially i was informed that it was shipped on the 31ST the order status changed to shipped after the 1ST