PDA

View Full Version : PSX on TA-082? Is it possible?

shango46
December 27th, 2006, 02:38
Im pretty sure this has already been asked or addressed by someone but I need to know. Is there any way to use the psx emulator with a 2.71 FW TA-082 mobo? Maybe through devhook with fw 3.0x or something? I mean, the emulator is built into the firmware, is it not? I would really love to play Civilization 2 on my PSP so I need to know. If there is no way ATM I really hope there is someone working on it.

althena77
December 27th, 2006, 08:46
Im pretty sure this has already been asked or addressed by someone but I need to know. Is there any way to use the psx emulator with a 2.71 FW TA-082 mobo? Maybe through devhook with fw 3.0x or something? I mean, the emulator is built into the firmware, is it not? I would really love to play Civilization 2 on my PSP so I need to know. If there is no way ATM I really hope there is someone working on it.

That is an interesting question, as the emulator is part of the 3.0x firmware, it should be able to play a cracked one on a TA-082 too. However not right now with the 3.02 OE-B one as that one includes code from the 1.5 firmware, what makes it inkompatible to a TA-082 (afaik).
But it "should" be possible to include this cracked PS1 emulator into a new Devhook or a 3.02 firmware without 1.5 code for homebrew, maybe someone could ask Dark_Alex about that.