PDA

View Full Version : psx thoughts

opiate81
December 27th, 2006, 14:13
I dont know if anyone has bought this up yet
but why can we hack Sony`s emulator and have every game full speed

yet when sony release it.. it comes with a few crappy first in the series games with firmware updates to help with compatibility of more games (which already run perfect)

they would have been smarter releasing FF7 with it they woulda got an extra few hundred people update their psp`s

it also makes me wonder about other psx games ported to the psp like breath of fire 3..
was it ported or was it just emulated with a built in emulator like the current psx games?

splodger15
December 27th, 2006, 14:40
We have hacked it.That why there is 3.02OE B

opiate81
December 27th, 2006, 14:50
yeah I know that Im using it now

what I was asking basically is why did Sony release an emu with 5 or 6 games (crappy old games)
when EVERY game is running full speed

sfaok
December 27th, 2006, 18:01
Well, theres always a danger of over saturating the market if you release too many games at once. Not to mention most games are third-party and royalties would have to be negotiated before any potential releases.

Don't forget these games need to be tested for bugs as well; as a potential paying customer I don't want to see any of the glitches/errors I've found in a number of the games I've played on the emu.

Maybe Square have no plans to release Final Fantasy 7 on the PS store; Potentially it could harm any sales of a remake or a port, which they might consider to be far more lucrative.

Remember its not just down to Sony as to which games will potentially appear on their emulator to buy.

T-4
December 28th, 2006, 21:55
Also, Sony's released games are much smaller than the ISOs we are using. I'd love to be able to fit all of FF7 without taking up 1.3+ gigs of my 2 gig card!

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 21:56
Buy a 4gb then

cal360
December 28th, 2006, 22:13
Well, theres always a danger of over saturating the market if you release too many games at once. Not to mention most games are third-party and royalties would have to be negotiated before any potential releases.

Don't forget these games need to be tested for bugs as well; as a potential paying customer I don't want to see any of the glitches/errors I've found in a number of the games I've played on the emu.

Maybe Square have no plans to release Final Fantasy 7 on the PS store; Potentially it could harm any sales of a remake or a port, which they might consider to be far more lucrative.

Remember its not just down to Sony as to which games will potentially appear on their emulator to buy.

I agree with what your saying its just sony playing it safe, but unfortunatly too safe which has prompted us to take this further