PDA

View Full Version : popsatation savegame hex editor help

Haggisdodger
December 27th, 2006, 15:15
Hi i want to have multiple saves(as do lots of people prob) i have tried changing the number 94476 with a hex editor as advised on the main page but it is still saving as the original and overwriting does any one have any ideas where i am going wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Haggisdodger
December 27th, 2006, 18:37
Not long after i post a program appers on the front page. Just shows the speed of the homebrew scene :-)

Sharkey
December 28th, 2006, 21:45
What program did you find? I'm having a problem also. I cant seem to find a good free hex editor that works properly. Some I cant use the find option and some take forever to load the file so I end up quitting out. Any good ones that work well for this? I'm not going to be able to enjoy the games if I can't save properly.

Your problem is your changing the wrong set of numbers. It should be the one that looks like _SCUS_94476, not the very first set.

O-bake
December 28th, 2006, 21:51
i would like to have a tool that does this thing the other way round.

the first game i converted was FF7 and i played several hours after i recognized this "name-bug".
after changing name and images, i even can't copy the MEMCARD1.DAT in the new directory, they will cause the game to crash.