PDA

View Full Version : NJ's Final update's to Cps1, Cps2, and NeogeoMVS- Homepage Finished

gunntims0103
December 27th, 2006, 15:26
new releases of ALL NJS EMULATORS via NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/)

Heres what Nj had to say-

This homepage is closed.
I wish to express my gratitude to the people who reported on the bugs up to now.

The account of this homepage is deleted on January 10. Please download these files till then.

The sound test of MVSPSP was deleted from the source code of the latest version (Because the sound emulation was changed). If necessary, please download the source code of 20061222(CPS1,CPS2 1.64 / MVS 1.63).

DCEmu would like to say Thank you to NJ for all the hard work, that he's did on Cps1, Cps2, and NeogeoMVS.

download and give feedback via comment

Gold Line
December 27th, 2006, 15:39
nice work NJ

Napalm-Death
December 27th, 2006, 15:40
Wow, thanks. I thought he'd never quit, the guy is awesome.

Psyberjock
December 27th, 2006, 16:00
I can understand stopping your dev on a project that you lose interest in or that you feel is complete but to remove the website and files completely is a pretty stupid thing to do.

That pretty much negates everything you've done up to that point. At least make a geocities site and leave it there forever. To remove the files is like saying that you wish you had never done it in the first place. That's a bad way to leave the scene.

I applaud the work he's done, but as far as his last act on the project goes, BOO!!!!

Thumbs up to DCEmu for mirroring the files and preserving the work that he cares so little about to delete it's presence.

pichon
December 27th, 2006, 16:20
I'm sure these files will live forever in many psp sites, but it's sad that it seems one of the best psp coders ever is going to leave the scene or so it seems by deleting his site.

In any case, I think there's much left to do and someone so talented will probably try more things on the scene sooner or later.

So thank you so much NJ, your work will give thousands of people hundreds of hours of retro entertainment, that's a pretty nice legacy ;)

psp_sfdm
December 27th, 2006, 16:26
Thanks NJ for all your hardwork and making something that seems impossible into reality. :thumbup:

Who would've ever thought that CPS/CPS2/MVPSP would run on the PSP?

NyghtcrawleR
December 27th, 2006, 17:09
Well I dont think hes actually deleting his site, probably expires and hes not renewing it. Yeah he could make another site to host the stuff, but not really a need when we have sites like these that will do it anyway imo.

Ennohex
December 27th, 2006, 17:43
Thank you NJ. I bought my PSP for this reason only, to play retro arcade games. You have made this a reality. I appreciate all the work you have shared with us, and I wish you further luck with your next projects.

PS. If you ever get a chance to do a similar project on the PS2, that would be awesome!

darthhaze420
December 27th, 2006, 18:55
now that i use 3.02oe-b should i still use kernel and do i need to remake the cache for csp2 & mvs

John Vattic
December 28th, 2006, 13:47
now that i use 3.02oe-b should i still use kernel and do i need to remake the cache for csp2 & mvs

Yes we can use kernal but, i too would like to know about the cache. Anyone test them yet?

gunntims0103
December 28th, 2006, 14:00
Yes we can use kernal but, i too would like to know about the cache. Anyone test them yet?

mind as well do the cache over this is NJ's final build so there will be no more updates.

NovaKane
December 28th, 2006, 19:53
Wow, it all has finally come to an end...

I have been following NJ's work since his NeoGeoCD emus. This guy will go down as the legend who gave us MVS, NeoGeoCD, CPS1, and CPS2 in full speed!

I'm just glad I don't have to make anymore cache files lol. Thanks for everything NJ.

aries2k4
December 28th, 2006, 23:45
Wow, it comes to an end. Thanks NJ for all your hard work. these emus will always have a special place on my psp.

PlantationBoss
December 29th, 2006, 01:10
A triumphant ending for a wonderful set of emulators, which made it worth owning a PSP for alone.

Thank you NJ for everything, and getting Metal Slug 3 working in particular.

pkmaximum
December 29th, 2006, 02:39
Thanks NJ for all your hard work, all the things you have done will never go unused ^_^

mameuser
December 29th, 2006, 03:38
Bye Bye NJ,

tsurumaru
December 29th, 2006, 04:02
Thanks for initially posting this news mameuser! It slipped under the radar of quite a few places :)

kayhanbakid
December 29th, 2006, 09:52
INCREDIBLE WORK!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!:) :thumbup: :D

Baboon
December 29th, 2006, 10:06
I guess all good things must come to an end. :( ...but NJ has said before that he was quiting and ending everything (de-jav-u?), but he still bounced back! :)

You would really not believe how happy I am to be able to playthese games (perfect) on my PSP.

NJ you are truly a coding genius!

psman
December 29th, 2006, 15:38
long live NJ and good luck in the future in whatever you decide to do!

delt31
December 29th, 2006, 16:11
Hi - I keep on getting "title8_usuage (scroll pen usuage) error. What is the problem? I only get this error with latest versions....

EDIT - this is for the CPS2 Emu only....

EDIT 2 - you have to rechache....that was the issue

.:PSP1.0:.
December 31st, 2006, 05:16
Aww.. I just found out bout this news.. Thanks for everything NJ your a real legend mate! Thanks for perfecting all of your emulators before you left the scene..
I dunno i sorta feel like we've lost something great like his dead but his not if you know what i mean lol You'll always be a LEGEND in alot of peoples eyes! Goodluck mate :thumbup:

tsurumaru
January 1st, 2007, 14:58
Looks like this thread is the only source to get these emulators now, as both Maxconsole and QJ didn't pick up on this news, and NJ's site has been down since a few days ago. Any chance of a sticky so it doesn't get lost?

Thank you gunntims0103 for backing up the files here, especially in light of the server problems.

MikeDX
January 3rd, 2007, 12:21
I guess it's time to merge this with my changes and do a release ;)

TobberH
January 4th, 2007, 01:06
I have a lot of roms that give me an error when I try to convert and make the cache files. Does anyone know how to solve this?

The error looks like this:

filename: blazstar.zip
Checking ROM file... (blazstar)
Could not open file. (GFX3)
ERROR: Could not load sprite rom (c rom).
Press any key to exit.

TIA!

Veskgar
January 9th, 2007, 07:22
Well it has come to an end, but not a bitter end. This is an ending of triumph and achieving the once thought impossible.

What NJ has accomplished with these Emulators is truly fascinating and inspiring.

I wish NJ luck and hope he returns to the scene someday.

ACID
January 9th, 2007, 07:35
I can understand stopping your dev on a project that you lose interest in or that you feel is complete but to remove the website and files completely is a pretty stupid thing to do.

That pretty much negates everything you've done up to that point. At least make a geocities site and leave it there forever. To remove the files is like saying that you wish you had never done it in the first place. That's a bad way to leave the scene.

I applaud the work he's done, but as far as his last act on the project goes, BOO!!!!

Thumbs up to DCEmu for mirroring the files and preserving the work that he cares so little about to delete it's presence.

wow dude no offence but what the F***. Are you going to pay for the site. Any body that is in to homeberw knows his work and almost all web sites will have them ready for download example DCEMU

tsurumaru
January 9th, 2007, 13:14
wow dude no offence but what the F***. Are you going to pay for the site. Any body that is in to homeberw knows his work and almost all web sites will have them ready for download example DCEMU

Yeah we don't know, but he could even have been contacted by a legal team to remove the site so....

hatesrats
January 13th, 2007, 03:58
Can you play these emu's in full screen?
If So, How?

Other than that, THx for all the work NJ
(I'm sorry if this ain't the right place to ask)

Appreciated

Nocuddle
January 13th, 2007, 05:29
Select+Start, then go to Configuration, change display/video to 16:9

hatesrats
January 17th, 2007, 02:41
another MVS emulator newbie Question...
is there any way to change the difficulty levels?

Baboon
January 17th, 2007, 08:40
another MVS emulator newbie Question...
is there any way to change the difficulty levels?

You can access the aracde machine dip switch settings to change quite a few options (including the games difficulty). Boot the game up as normal and once its loaded hold L, R and Select at the same time, then go to (if i remember correctly) the software dip and change the difficulty etc. :thumbup:

shishioh
February 6th, 2007, 07:24
How in the hell do you use the unibios? It doesn't show up in the bios menu.I unzipped it into the Neogeo file but nothin' happened.

jurkevicz
February 6th, 2007, 16:32
unibios has been disabled in the last version.

QueadlunnRau
February 6th, 2007, 17:46
NJ don't never be coming to this site, but if by chance he been reading this thread ...

NJ you da shit, hope you get a nice hot wife and lots of money.

shishioh
February 7th, 2007, 05:06
can someone code just enough to get the unibios back up,PLEASE?

jurkevicz
February 7th, 2007, 16:50
I don't think it is going to happen. Even though I would still wated a CPS1 version where bootlegs were enabled again. Loved playing SFII Rainbow.

tsurumaru
February 7th, 2007, 23:29
I don't think it is going to happen. Even though I would still wated a CPS1 version where bootlegs were enabled again. Loved playing SFII Rainbow.

Holy crap!

Looks like NJ's back!

http://nj-emu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Bootlegs are now supported in 1.83!

I'll post this as news.....

MicroNut
September 23rd, 2008, 09:36
NJ's website address has changed.

The correct link to the website is: NJ氏のファイル配布 (http://nj-emu.tfact.net/)
URL: http://nj-emu.tfact.net/

NovaKane
September 24th, 2008, 01:41
NJ is still the man I see lol. He's been holdin' it down on the emulation scene for a good minute. Mad props to the guy.

discombobulated
September 24th, 2008, 02:17
Kudos to him and all devs out there. There wouldn't be a scene without you.