PDA

View Full Version : Smiths' popstation Frontend v1 - On-the-fly SLUS modification/fetching

Smiths
December 27th, 2006, 17:30
Not dead. Feel free to post anywhere... who cares at this point.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gbatools/popstation.v1.zip

Smiths' Popstation Frontend v1.2
--------------------
Smiths, www.emuholic.com
--------------------
I rise from the ashes to whip up a little thing to help out with popstation.exe

*History
v1.0
+ Initial release

*About:
Simply put, popstation is amazing, but the save handling is tricky to people who can't hex.
This translates into roughly 99% of the userbase, with 80% of them also having problems with the whole "what a command line do?" crowd.
So here's a frontend for the command line that also lets you change the SLUS ID and game title (as it will appear in the save games menu in the XMB). All this is done pre-compile, so you can set it up, hit a button, and have a PSX EBOOT.PBP ready to be xferred (with the KEYS.BIN) that will save to a folder based on the SLUS ID you enter.

*NOTE BEFORE USAGE*
There is a function for multi-disc game users called "Fetch ID/Name", since Popstation bases its memory card files on the SLUS ID *AND* the game name. If any of these mismatch... you don't get to use your existing saves.
The MEMCARD1.DAT and MEMCARD2.DAT files contain data corresponding to those TWO pieces of ID.

The above button is OPTIONAL, but is really useful for multi-disc games, and has been tested with Final Fantasy IX by making a save with Disc 1, creating an eboot with the same ID from Disc 2, and loading up Disc 1's save in Disc 2 (resulting in the "Please Insert Disc 1" screen).

If you use this button AFTER selecting your "popstation.exe" location, the program will not work. Follow the rules.

*General Usage:
MAKE SURE KEYS.BIN AND BASE.PBP ARE IN THE SAME DIRECTORY AS POPSTATION.EXE

1) Select the iso you will making an eboot from (ISO/BIN extension by default)
2) Select the location of "popstation.exe"
3) Change the ID/Title if you desire
4) Do "Patch and Build"
5) Copy the EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN to your PSP memory stick as per usual

Nope, but those who know know where I'll be

*ToDo:
More, if I get bored. I make these things for me and friends.
Sharing is simply done because I'm so cool.
Hit another one.
Don't eat the clues.

gunntims0103
December 27th, 2006, 17:35
great work Smiths, i havent scene ya around the forums much good to see a release out of you :)

TacticalBread
December 27th, 2006, 17:46
Awesome.

This is a lot less time consuming than hex editing everytime. :D

Thanks for the program.

grin.ch
December 27th, 2006, 17:49
Is this to say you CANNOT move onto to Disc 2, 3, etc. of any game unless you do this first? Uh oh....

karurosu
December 27th, 2006, 18:14
Grat tool :D

I have a question, ir order to fetch the names, did you decrypt the save? (MEMCARDX.DAT). I am looking for a way to do it.

Veskgar
December 27th, 2006, 18:24
This looks very nice. Definitely appreciated. I was having trouble with the HEX (was doing it wrong) so this should help and make it so I can avoid hex editing altogether.

Gene
December 27th, 2006, 18:31
yay now i can play crash and final fantasy 8 on one memory card! Thank you so much for this! Great Work!

In version 2 it would be really cool if it would let you change the icons.

But anyway this is great!!

grin.ch
December 27th, 2006, 19:00
I repeat:

Is this to say you CANNOT move onto to Disc 2, 3, etc. of any game unless you do this first? Uh oh....

Apoklepz
December 27th, 2006, 19:05
Yes

My gamesave is now Parasite Eve, but the EBOOT.PBP is still Hot Shots Golf 2...How can I change the Eboot's title? Tried PBP unpacker and PSPBrew already, but I couldn't get either to work right.

nin_deftone
December 27th, 2006, 19:19
quick question.what if i already started my game and saved.by using this program Can i still create the eboot for disc two and use my saved data from disc one.

Mr. Shizzy
December 28th, 2006, 11:41
This is the only converter I use. It's awesome ! :D Thanks Smiths ! :D

Vega
December 28th, 2006, 12:35
Yup, this is practically idiot proof :D Nice one and thanks for uploading