PDA

View Full Version : psx emu help!

psp fan
December 27th, 2006, 19:36
Hi guys hope you had a good xmas!:D

first of all i have updated to 3.02-OEb and i have played some psx games with no problems. Then i upgraded to oeb and when i put gt2 on my psp there was only a eboot.pbp file i put it in the psp game folder it shows up in the xmb and for some reason wen i try to load it says the game could not be started with (CAOOOOO5) i dont understand why but when i look at m y other games they have a document.dat file and a key.bin file is there any way i could sort this out? and do al games on oeb come with only one eboot.pbp file? cas my other games are working so i dont understand please help!:(

steve-b
December 28th, 2006, 11:37
copy the keys.bin file from one of your other working games into the GT2 folder also

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 11:37
You need the key.bin file

psp fan
December 28th, 2006, 12:23
i have now just put in the key.bin file and renamed it to the hot shot golf game an it apperas in the xmb as usual but now i have a diffrent error saying
(80020148) in my other ganmes there are also a document.dat file maybe thats what is missing? pls help lol gt2 was awsome!

steve-b
December 28th, 2006, 12:28
you do not need to rename anything.

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 12:50
It should be left in its original state

YOU DO NOT RENAME ANYTHING

psp fan
December 28th, 2006, 13:12
well i just renamed my other game which was not showing up in the xmb and it worked but with the hot shots golf icon and i just thought it would work with this but its still the same not working

psp fan
December 28th, 2006, 13:24
iv copied a document.dat file to it aswell as a key.bin and now it lods up but not in the normal way it loads up without the normal precautions image and kinda half loads up and goes black what should i do?

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 13:30
And try converting it again if you did convert it

psp fan
December 28th, 2006, 19:38
i didnt all the files when i got it were ready oh and i got crash bandicoot 2 and all of then neccasary files were there and when i went to the xmb it wasnt there so i renamed the folder and it came up as hot shot golg on the xmb and loaded the normal way and worked perfectly fine so maybe i need to rename something? i realy dont know whats going on with this emu to is there anything else i can do to make it work?

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 19:49
Sounds like you are using Bad files

Which suggests you are using downloads(Pirates) from torrents or another source

psp fan
December 28th, 2006, 20:39
ok just forget that then ok? ill ask one more normal question then if you cannot help me wih the others the question is:
some of my games ome up with the hot shots golf logo in the xmb but when i load they are not they are the actual games that should be on is there any way i could change that? so that the actual logo and pic is right ?

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 20:48
If you are using YOUR OWN LEGAL RIPPED ISO FROM YOUR DISK Then you use the popstation program

psp fan
December 28th, 2006, 23:48
Why are you flaming at me? i ask you a a simple qustion and you are not helping me but ACUSSING me of owning illegal back ups! i dont know shit about the psp so my freind used MY own Gran turismo ps1 cd and did all the crap for me!all he told me was that he used somet called Popstation! now i ask you a simple question in the HELP! section and ur like this! i wouldnt even ask if it werent the fact that he is in hospital!Very ill unfortunantly and if you have nothing usefull to post then dont post anything at all!

steve-b
December 28th, 2006, 23:52
you need to use the new version of psp brew to edit eboot file to contain whatever icon or logo you desire. because we are using hot shots golf and inserting our own ps1 iso (legally obtained of course) they will always look like hot shots golf, unless you hack your own images in there.

psp fan
December 29th, 2006, 12:20
thank you steve-b you have been helpfull unlike some other ppl thanks again and hav a good new year!

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 12:30
Why are you flaming at me? i ask you a a simple qustion and you are not helping me but ACUSSING me of owning illegal back ups! i dont know shit about the psp so my freind used MY own Gran turismo ps1 cd and did all the crap for me!all he told me was that he used somet called Popstation! now i ask you a simple question in the HELP! section and ur like this! i wouldnt even ask if it werent the fact that he is in hospital!Very ill unfortunantly and if you have nothing usefull to post then dont post anything at all!

F*** You i cant be asked to help people like that.All i stated was that it sounds you are using downloaded games from torrents

psp fan
December 29th, 2006, 17:56
howz about F*** you! if you have nothing better to say then dont! Oh well atleast its etched in your head that not ALL people who have problems and come on the HELPforum are not just ppl who d/l illigeal torrents?what ever that is lol!cannot be arsed to help but instead accuse!