PDA

View Full Version : PSP Brew Fixes PSOne Save Game Problem

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 11:42
Here is a quick and easy solution to resolve the problem when saving multiple PSOne games to your memory stick.

No more HEX editing. This version of PSP brew has proven be useful in many ways with the new firmware 3.02 OE-b. By renaming the eboot within PSP Brew, you save the problem with saving more than PSX emulated game. It has worked so far on of my own legal backups: MGS: VR missions, Castlevania SOTN, Silent Hill, Crash team racing and…Walt Disney World Magical Racing Tour.
(Insert lame excuse)
Try it out for yourselves and I hope you all have the same result.

This program also allows you to make custom backgrounds and icons for your games (being that they meet the size requirements that is). Also the program allows you to remove that annoying advert in front of your custom backgrounds about plaid pants by selecting unknown.png and pressing cancel. So no more Hot shots golf guessing.

lplover2k
December 28th, 2006, 12:00
ty goin to try it

emuking
December 28th, 2006, 12:17
cool i just downloaded psx2psp and this will go along great with it

M-Lin
December 28th, 2006, 12:18
any chance someone could walk me through the process? I managed to change the name (duh), but I can't get rid of the hot shots message...

cal360
December 28th, 2006, 12:26
Finally an easier way to change the pics

steve-b
December 28th, 2006, 12:32
this works pretty well. Kinda slow but I guess that is because of the size of the eboots.
All the save games have their own icon, but still say hot shots golf. I must be missing out something?

eatnooM
December 28th, 2006, 12:34
Cool, all the old version did when I accidentally double-clicked my eboots instead of renaming em was take up ~500MB of RAM and not want to exit =p

Shame I spent a good bit of yesterday making a "perfect" set of FFVII eboots without this tool >.<

Oh, and the hot shots message is in PIC0.PNG.. No plaid pants for me =)

mcvader
December 28th, 2006, 12:38
Is that the latest pspbrew? I downloaded it 6 months ago and mine says 0.7.

A little off topic but I didn't want to create a thread for this, I was wondering how to convert pal iso's to ntsc? and does it make a difference to the off centre screen?

HolgiB
December 28th, 2006, 12:46
There is a 0.91 Version to find at the authors website, which looks a lot newer.

This 0.51 always says that the PBPs which containing PSX Games are corrupt.

PSBBrew-0.91 (http://www.puffo83.altervista.org/download/PSPbrew_091.zip)

Hmm this Version wont open any of my PBPs too. I get a "Error opening file. Invalid PBP"...

@mcvader

I am also interested in the screen centering issue. I guess this problem only appears with PAL ISOs.

--Holger

MicroNut
December 28th, 2006, 13:30
One of the easiest ways to remove the hot shots image
is to create a 0kb - PIC0.PNG file out of a blank renamed text file.
"new.txt" renamed to "pic0.png"

Just include it with the other icons when you initially create the game.
Total file size of the icons cannot be greater than 300kb.

Then use this great app to make the games unique.
Game Save and Game Name.

zx-81
December 28th, 2006, 13:36
A little off topic but I didn't want to create a thread for this, I was wondering how to convert pal iso's to ntsc? and does it make a difference to the off centre screen?

I'm using this software to convert PAL to NTSC : http://squallforever.free.fr/ZAPPER2K.rar

About PSPBrew, i've tried this version yesterday evenning and didn't success to do anything with it ... You still have to hexedit the eboot to save the game in another location as Hot shot.

stimo
December 28th, 2006, 13:38
change the name of the save fil ???

MicroNut
December 28th, 2006, 13:47
Try this. Simple Popstation GUI (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40946)
If not a different app, the info should at least be helpful.

Sony PS1 SLUS Codes:
http://www.sonyindex.com/PS1_Renamer/dbase.ps1

mcvader
December 28th, 2006, 14:01
Thanks ZX. Do the pal games run any better when converted?

EDIT: Looking at the zapper program it has options to change the Screen Y position, it's set to 44 and 16, do you know what value's to change this to? thanks.

nexus68
December 28th, 2006, 14:23

EDIT: Looking at the zapper program it has options to change the Screen Y position, it's set to 44 and 16, do you know what value's to change this to? thanks.

0 and 0 or 7 and 0 if the sreen is badly.

steve-b
December 28th, 2006, 14:30
I'm a little confused by this. I have changed the title, changed out the icons but whenever I save they are all still using the same save folder. I can see 'disc_id' but can not edit it. I assume this is what we need to edit before the saves are truely unique?

MicroNut
December 28th, 2006, 14:33
Good info and Tools here (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40593)

Reposted from MaxConsole Forums:

Method #1
1. I tried this out using Raiden Project and it worked with no problem.
First of all go ahead and convert your psx for use on the psp.

2. After its done open up the new EBOOT.PBP file in the hex editor.

3. Search for 94476.
You may have to skip over a few finds.
In the hexeditor below the part you edit shows up as _SCUS_94476.
Just overwrite the numbers with any numbers you like,
but use the same amount of characters.
I pretty sure you can use letters aswell but didn't try it.

4. Save the file and transfer to your PSP.

That's It. Now you don't have to worry about overwritting your saves.

zx-81
December 28th, 2006, 14:38

If it displays 44 and 16, it seems that you haven't choose the proper conversion (NTSC -> PAL, instead of PAL -> NTSC ;) ).

Then, as it has been said, you can specify 0 0 for y values. I use 7 0 if the screen is not properly centered ...

kaffie
December 28th, 2006, 14:38
I'm a bit unsure if this is a mindless question but...

What is the point of moving the saves around? Can you only have one save?

I did licenses on Gran Turismo then when I played Gran Turismo 2 I imported the data from GT to save doing some of the GT2 licenses I assumed that GT1 save is still there?
Am I wrong?

steve-b
December 28th, 2006, 14:51
yes you are limited to one save...which = 2 ps1 memory cards.

Now obviously this is ok if you are only playing a few games, but the emulator settings are saved in there also. It's nice to have one each for each game incase you have the controls/screen set differently etc.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 28th, 2006, 15:14
woot! very helpful!

prinnyhero
December 28th, 2006, 15:57
So does psp brew make me able to have multiple ps games on the psp and play them without having to switch them out from my computer?

Squidman
December 28th, 2006, 17:41
this doesn't really help the save problem, while you have the .pbp of the game, in the lower left hand corner theres a thing that says "DISC_ID", that's how the game saves....still need to hex edit, but it's easy with the HexEditor called "XVI32" just copy and paste the DISC_ID and and search it [[with the search function and remember to search for the TEXT]], then just change it on the side with text [[by just cliking on the letter and changing it]] and then save it, then make any other adjustments to the .pbp u want with PSP Brew [[like name and images in it]]

unfortunately, i can't test it...mi PSP's screen is broken.....alot [[can't see 75% of the screen]]
i converted it with "PSX2PSP" and changed the images, name and DISC_ID..........so....no clue if it'll work, but hell, it's a little step forward i guess

pt9087
December 29th, 2006, 02:16
nice, i will try

3x3
September 11th, 2008, 18:20
There's a program called, PAL 2 NTSC.
And yes, the screen off-set is sometimes better for a full screen (I had this with Discworld), depends n the game I guess..

Btw, What is this save problem , I use PsGUI 221beta and never had any saving problem.