PDA

View Full Version : PSX2PSP v0.7: a new converter for PSX games

gunntims0103
December 28th, 2006, 13:56
new release via Zalbard

here is a new convertor for the psx games. This is not a gui. It is said that this program makes it easy to convert your psx games. For one it doesnt use hotshot golf2 nor does it need the cygwin1.dll. It makes it completely simple, and it is said to run just as fast or even faster then popstation itself. The author is thinking about putting out more builds of this and we do hope so.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/77487/PSXPSP_qjpreviewth.jpg

download link removed due to copyright infractions!

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 13:58
I posted that this morning in the submit news section and it never got moved over

S34MU5
December 28th, 2006, 13:59
Hey guys,
I have been away for like a week and have just heard about Popstation and 3.02oe etc etc.

can someone hit me up on msn?
[email protected]

cheers

gunntims0103
December 28th, 2006, 14:05
I posted that this morning in the submit news section and it never got moved over

o sorry mate;) i didnt check the submit news forum, that was my mistake:o

This is a great release thou, but i think popstation is easy enough all ready:p

gr42178
December 28th, 2006, 14:13
o sorry mate;) i didnt check the submit news forum, that was my mistake:o

This is a great release thou, but i think popstation is easy enough all ready:p

True, Popstation is easy enough, but this will be good for those people who cant get the Hot Shots Golf eboot.

P.S. I was playing Final Fantasy 7 this morning with sound and full speed and I thought I was dreaming!!! :D

gavind
December 28th, 2006, 14:15
if it doesnt need Hot Shots Golf does that mean the saved games will work properly?

if anyone has tested please reply back

gr42178
December 28th, 2006, 14:20
if it doesnt need Hot Shots Golf does that mean the saved games will work properly?

if anyone has tested please reply back

I havent been able to test this one yet so I dont know, but there is a little program I found that you can change the game title and save ID. check it out here:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40946

RotateMe
December 28th, 2006, 14:23
Damnit just 5 comments by now!? This is GREAT! thx

What is this about savegames now working? They don't work on 3.02 OE B and popstation or what!?!?!?!?

gr42178
December 28th, 2006, 14:27
The gamesaves work, but if you dont change the save ID you are limited to 30 blocks (2 mem cards) total for all your games. If you change the save ID you can have 30 blocks for each game.

PsychoSync
December 28th, 2006, 14:32
what is the "speed ++ (lags)" option?

December 28th, 2006, 14:39
what is the "speed ++ (lags)" option?

Converts the image to an eboot faster, but the game will lag when you play it back

Also, this must be shady. Can anyone decrypt it and see if its using any code from Hot Shots Golf 2?

Tinnus
December 28th, 2006, 14:43
It IS using part of the Hot Shots EBOOT file. It doesn't contain the ISO, but contains the rest like the executable data which is still NOT legal to distribute. SO that makes this thing illegal.

I investigated it with a simple HEX editor and it clearly contains part of the Hot Shots EBOOT.

If it was this simple without any legal problems, DAX would have made it so from the start. It's not only obvious but as I said, I've looked at the file and it does contain copyrighted material i.e. all of the Hot Shots EBOOT minus the ISO image (PNG files, executable data, etc)

gr42178
December 28th, 2006, 14:46
It IS using part of the Hot Shots EBOOT file. It doesn't contain the ISO, but contains the rest like the executable data which is still NOT legal to distribute. SO that makes this thing illegal.

I investigated it with a simple HEX editor and it clearly contains part of the Hot Shots EBOOT.

If it was this simple without any legal problems, DAX would have made it so from the start. It's not only obvious but as I said, I've looked at the file and it does contain copyrighted material i.e. all of the Hot Shots EBOOT minus the ISO image (PNG files, executable data, etc)

So shouldnt someone remove this thread then?

Tinnus
December 28th, 2006, 14:49
The download at least.

Mark my words, if that thing indeed contains Sony material, the author and sites hosting it will get into serious trouble when Sony finds out. And they must be keeping a good eye on all the PS1 emulation thing.

gr42178
December 28th, 2006, 14:52
The download at least.

Mark my words, if that thing indeed contains Sony material, the author and sites hosting it will get into serious trouble when Sony finds out. And they must be keeping a good eye on all the PS1 emulation thing.

I knew the thing was too good to be true, come on Mods, get rid of the evidence quick lol.

ataribob
December 28th, 2006, 15:07
That's kind of funny.
With everybody using the Firmware downgraders.
Devhook to play (XXXX) .
And Sony keeps updating the Firmware -Why.

And your point Is one more thing that mite get this place in trouble.

Don't worry

hakibou24
December 28th, 2006, 15:15
yeay, full speed spyro 3

December 28th, 2006, 15:16
That's kind of funny.
With everybody using the Firmware downgraders.
Devhook to play (XXXX) .
And Sony keeps updating the Firmware -Why.

And your point Is one more thing that mite get this place in trouble.

Don't worry

That's because firmware downgraders and Devhook aren't illegal. This is.

Paiku
December 28th, 2006, 15:17
dl'ed before erased, mwahah.

alucard001
December 28th, 2006, 15:23

lol dude, NICE!!!:D

Vega
December 28th, 2006, 15:24
Yea, handy little app . . . but its got to go :(

Audioboxer
December 28th, 2006, 15:26
How well does it work guys? No bugs?

Not got my psp yet, its coming next Tuesday :D

pimpjuice10
December 28th, 2006, 15:29

lmao me 2:thumbup:

FazPSP
December 28th, 2006, 15:33
Thanks for saving me the trouble of going to a cyber cafe to get a faster torrent DL of hotshots via ADSL. YAY :thumbup: Oh by the way. Sony is watching :eek: while we're F****ing it.:rofl:

gunntims0103
December 28th, 2006, 15:36
il take the download off now!

Paiku
December 28th, 2006, 15:43
Good

December 28th, 2006, 15:44
Who bets there'll be an influx of people later on tonight coming into this thread and asking for the program because they can't get Hot Shots Golf?

Vega
December 28th, 2006, 15:51
Yar Gunntimms! Keeping things Legal! +10 policing points :D :D

Anyone looking this program now should use some initiative ;)

Yea good things are all calm and legal again . . . damn you fiends who downloaded this app

*runs away*

FazPSP
December 28th, 2006, 15:53
Yes it should be removed ......... We should all condone piracy ..... but should i delete the one i have downloaded ? .......:rofl:

Alpha_Slayer
December 28th, 2006, 17:28
EDIT: Never mind. I found it! Don't give up people, it can still be downloaded! (But it's probably best I not say it here)

emuking
December 28th, 2006, 18:58
wow this news is a day old, maybe i should submit some news

konto
December 28th, 2006, 20:11
EDIT: Never mind. I found it! Don't give up people, it can still be downloaded! (But it's probably best I not say it here)
found it

pkmusicmaker
December 28th, 2006, 21:12
Anyone know how to edit the pics with this? I'll stick with the original until that's figured out.

cal360
December 28th, 2006, 21:27
Sony will be looking at all the ways to bring down the hacking community for now i would try to keep away from these and do it yourself its not that hard, if sony finds anything like this they may try to bring down the hosting site.

pt9087
December 29th, 2006, 02:15
Would help alot of people

Squidman
December 29th, 2006, 16:16
Anyone know how to edit the pics with this? I'll stick with the original until that's figured out.

this just converts it....u have to use PSP Brew to change the pics around :thumbup:

Robertlatacz
December 29th, 2006, 20:17
this app is really cool, i tryed using psp brew to change my pictures but when i open up my eboot my computer freezes. How can i stop this?

Spanishpeacock
December 30th, 2006, 02:55
I've had my psp since the beggining and have recently run into a stop sign (namely, my psp was updated to 3.01) and was wondering about the difference between the psx emulator that Sony distributed in the official 3.01 and the new custom firmware produced by DAX. Does this new pbp modifier for psx iso's work on 3.01(regular)? If so, please respond to this, or E-mail me at [email protected]. Otherwise, I'm off to buy a 1.5 off of ebay...again.

SpooForBrains
December 30th, 2006, 02:58
Spanishpeackock: no, this will not work with the official Sony 3.x firmware. 3.02 OE has some method of bypassing the certification system for the games, which allows this to work. I'm afriad with your current PSP you're SOL. Time to hit ebay ... !

luatpsp
December 30th, 2006, 05:31
it so easy to convert and it work great on my toy. Thank you, but I still confuse to pick different icon for game.

Exoskeletor
December 30th, 2006, 08:39
what firmware do we need to run this?

jimmi
December 30th, 2006, 17:15
hey i dled this before it went down and i convereted my completly legal pal ff7with this.. i put my keys.bin and eboot.pbp in my ff7disc1 folder in game in my psp oe-b and i load it up i get the plasystation logo etc. and then it freezes on me dude ! please help me out n e 1 pm or add [email protected] pleaaaaase dudes thanks.

Shemp
December 31st, 2006, 23:22
Exoskeletor: Firmware 3.02 OE-B is required to run the PSX games.

I finally made the plunge to OE-B yesterday--the first update my PSP has ever gotten!--and can tell you that the PSX emulation is superb. Finally, my Playstation Portable can function as a portable Playstation!

Time to hit Fry's for one of those $80 4GB sticks.