PDA

View Full Version : Sony's official message board ALLOWING tutorials on 3.02 OE-B

Vega
December 28th, 2006, 15:59
messaging board via Sony (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2717632)

Interesting news, as Sony's official boards actually have homebrew users and they are giving tutorials on how to set up 3.02OE-B.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2717632

It clearly depicts a step by step tutorial of how to set up 3.02OE-B.

Your thoughts via comments

mcvader
December 28th, 2006, 16:07
This reminds me of their link to pspupdates, they probably havn't noticed yet or like you said the mods don't care, but i'm sure their bosses would.

pimpjuice10
December 28th, 2006, 16:14
lmao maybe sony is finally easing down or starting to give up they can't win and they know it.

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 16:15
^ ^
No they are not easing down

hmmm i can see that thread getting locked.

Sony do not support homebrew but they promote 3.02OE

Which has the hacked PS1 Emu and can load ISO's

Something strange.Unless big Sony bosses dont know about it yet

pimpjuice10
December 28th, 2006, 16:18
maybe they realize even tho they might loose money the might actually gain some back by allowing it because pple might buy more psp's.

ataribob
December 28th, 2006, 16:18
That reminds me of how you set a trap to get a rat running around your house..
Set the bait and wait a few weeks

acn010
December 28th, 2006, 16:19
lol, oh wow. i can't believe this happening

December 28th, 2006, 16:35

They aren't promoting it in any way, shape or form. Its just a thread on their forum, the Sony bosses won't think a thing of it because the internet is such a small demographic of people using a PSP.

In fact, I'll go as far as saying this benefits Sony. Imagine you have a person who doesn't own a PSP, who starts browsing the forums for help with his PS2 for example. He stumbles across the PSP forum and sees "Oh wow, I can play my old PS1 games and play all the other old consoles! I'll buy one of those." Another sale for Sony.

irishwhip
December 28th, 2006, 16:35
:eek: the thread is 35 pages long? i thought their mods would have stepped on it after the first post.

Totalitarian
December 28th, 2006, 16:48
Sony's staff are lazy. Anybody who's took a trip to that site or the European one would know this to well.

kiariki
December 28th, 2006, 16:53
^ ^
No they are not easing down

hmmm i can see that thread getting locked.

Which has the hacked PS1 Emu and can load ISO's

Something strange.Unless big Sony bosses dont know about it yet

Something is strange... Someone said something about laying a trap for rats... Sony's doing something... And it's mafia-style...

I'm wanting out... Unless dcemu protects its members...

pubudu
December 28th, 2006, 17:06
Sony's staff are lazy. Anybody who's took a trip to that site or the European one would know this to well.

yeah they own a huge ass comapny , and they cant even get someone to run their site properly

alucard001
December 28th, 2006, 17:42
this is hilarious

snkrock25
December 28th, 2006, 17:55
WTF... seriously, wtf.

i'm just gonna ignore it as if it never existed, otherwise my head might implode. :confused:

Nikolaos
December 28th, 2006, 17:57
hmm, interesting very interesting. i think it wil get locked

ExcruciationX
December 28th, 2006, 18:01
Another small step in the PSP homebrew world!

penileartery
December 28th, 2006, 18:02
ive seen alot of homebrew on the sony forum..since about summertime..its nothing new..lol ive seen devhook on there 2.71 se and now 3.02 oe..lol

bwlfp
December 28th, 2006, 18:49
Well it could be good for Sony if people who were stubbornly remaining on 1.5 (me) finally upgrade to a firmware that can play the latest releases, I might actually buy them.

bopit96
December 28th, 2006, 18:54
i cant believe!!! this ih
s just like if i was talking about pirate xp version to bill gates!!! completly insane!!

Brusier
December 28th, 2006, 19:21
freaky..if those who are making there mods are psp devs...

this would increase intrest in the psp more.

pt9087
December 28th, 2006, 19:22
true but this is not the first piece of homebrew on the sony website, i have seen a few people post things in the forums there. i dont think its sony cracking up either... its just them not being bothered. so they might loose a bit of money... who cares, the owner who is probably a billionair by now.

samthegreat68
December 28th, 2006, 20:00
wow, that tutorial was incredibly helpful, i think i just mustered up the guts to upgrade to custom firmware

cal360
December 28th, 2006, 21:09
hopefully that thread might encourage more people to realise the benifits of the hacking scene

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 28th, 2006, 21:55
LOL!!!! we win!!!

December 28th, 2006, 22:12
LOL!!!! we win!!!

WTF... seriously, wtf.

i'm just gonna ignore it as if it never existed, otherwise my head might implode. :confused:

Another small step in the PSP homebrew world!

i cant believe!!! this ih
s just like if i was talking about pirate xp version to bill gates!!! completly insane!!

I mean this with the up most offence, you people have absolutely no clue, do you?

You're all spouting the most ignorant comments I've ever seen and I really can't understand it.

NeoXCS
December 28th, 2006, 23:18
I mean this with the up most offence, you people have absolutely no clue, do you?

You're all spouting the most ignorant comments I've ever seen and I really can't understand it.

Don't bash people for being a bit excited. It's their right to say random crazy things when they see something out of the ordinary. :p

dogspit
December 29th, 2006, 00:12
Do you all still believe in Santa's you're all blind? First of all... don't you think it's odd sony's gave away a "hidden" full and free psx1 emulator? Don't you get it? This is only a play from sony to sell more PSP's! They want to gain the number one spot in the portable consoles market! They made this tutorial to spread the word that PSP will run psx1 games, and they won't even care if they are pirated iso versions as long they keep selling PSP's! Dark alex blew the chances of them to sale games from PS3 to PSP.. do you think sony gives a f***k? No they won't, because only a few people would use that lame system for playing old psx1 games (and paying a pile of money!) on the PSP! This way, they will profit more!

xcjzerox
December 29th, 2006, 00:23
Do you all still believe in Santa's you're all blind? First of all... don't you think it's odd sony's gave away a "hidden" full and free psx1 emulator? Don't you get it? This is only a play from sony to sell more PSP's! They want to gain the number one spot in the portable consoles market! They made this tutorial to spread the word that PSP will run psx1 games, and they won't even care if they are pirated iso versions as long they keep selling PSP's! Dark alex blew the chances of them to sale games from PS3 to PSP.. do you think sony gives a f***k? No they won't, because only a few people would use that lame system for playing old psx1 games (and paying a pile of money!) on the PSP! This way, they will profit more!

3 WORDS MY FRIEND
SONY SUCKS BALLS

PEOPLE THE WAR IS NOT OVER JUST YET

thefanaticgamer
December 29th, 2006, 00:33
dont forget most of the psps you can go out and buy now cant be downgraded or are to high a firmware right? so people will go buying themthinking they can do this.... then they will find out that they cant get to 3.02 OE..... DAM YOU SONY!!!! lol

xcjzerox
December 29th, 2006, 00:42
SONY JUST SUCKS
BUT HEY IF THEY USE THE HOMEBREW THEY WIN ALOT OF MONEY BUT THEY LOSE TOO..

SONY PROBABLY IS THINKING SOMETHING BIG

SOMETHING TELLS ME 3.05 WELL COME OUT AND IT WELL DIRECTLY well install special security the well locked homebrew for ever just thought

snkrock25
December 29th, 2006, 01:31

It's a comment's board. I think you were a expecting a bit too much? :o

Ramza042
December 29th, 2006, 01:31
This is only a play from sony to sell more PSP's! They want to gain the number one spot in the portable consoles market! They made this tutorial to spread the word that PSP will run psx1 games, and they won't even care if they are pirated iso versions as long they keep selling PSP's! ...... This way, they will profit more!

Wrong.

Sony makes MORE profit on the games sold than they do on the systems. A game in the store that sells for $39.99 is making sony about $25 PROFIT, and even IF they make a profit on the system, it is very little. This has been the rule for all game systems to date. Sell the system at a small loss, and let the games make you money.

Also, the what, 4 or 5 bucks to download a game... that is ALL profit to sony. the developers have already been paid, there is no packaging, no materials.. so basically it costs sony NOTHING to have the games for sale on their website.

Ramza042
December 29th, 2006, 01:50

Ouch. A bit harsh, my friend. We're all human here, after all.

However I do somewhat agree. "lol omg bbq wtf" I get SO sick and tired of this. All these people that INSIST on typing like this need to go back to school and re-learn how to spell simple words. Excited or not, it's plain stupid. Usually, I don't even bother reading what they type, because I can't understand half of it.

Veskgar
December 29th, 2006, 02:02
That is pretty funny and shows that PSP homebrew has become embedded in the PSP's history so deep now that it extends far and wide and will never be stomped out or stopped.

pt9087
December 29th, 2006, 02:09
lol, People typing lame ass things. haha

razorak
December 29th, 2006, 02:27
Employee: I have good news and bad news....
Boss: Good news first.
Employee: Many people have upgraded their psps recently.
Boss: That's good news indeed...but what's the bad news?
Employee: They upgraded to 3.02 OE-B....
Boss:...

This is the thought that ran thru my head when i saw the thread title =X SUrely they can't be like that...lol

Sharkey
December 29th, 2006, 03:07
...which just supports my paranoid theory. This is in no way true but think of this, I did while I was contemplating upgrading my 1.5 to 3.02 OEb.

Sony knows it has lost to homebrew, if only they could get everyone to upgrade their OE firmware to Sonys legit firmware all would be lost, for awhile anyways. How could they do it?

They could make an open ended firmware update similar to 3.02 OE with a feature that everyone owning a 1.5, or 2.71 (main homebrew users), would think is worth upgrading for (like we all did with Dark Alex's firmware). They could then add a timed feature (like we have seen with some of the games downloaded from the store), that after a certain amount of time erased or locked out all of the exploits that allow homebrew with you being now stuck with regular old 3.02. They could then upload it using a respectable coders name and get us all to use it, ruining our homebrew capabilities, but also their reputation.

None of this is true but it could happen. That's the reason why I waited a couple days before upgrading my 1.5 to the new custom firmware. I'm paranoid, but I won't let those *******s get me or my beloved hombrew capable psp.

snkrock25
December 29th, 2006, 03:54
Ouch. A bit harsh, my friend. We're all human here, after all.

However I do somewhat agree. "lol omg bbq wtf" I get SO sick and tired of this. All these people that INSIST on typing like this need to go back to school and re-learn how to spell simple words. Excited or not, it's plain stupid. Usually, I don't even bother reading what they type, because I can't understand half of it.

my last on this topic.

People like this are the exact reason I very seldomly post on the DCEMU forums. WAY too much of themselves invested into the comments they read :o . Honestly, some people just enjoy simply "commenting" on news by expressing their immediate reaction to a certain topic. My immediate reaction to reading homebrew tutorials in an official Sony PSP forum was "wtf". Lighten up. :o

Emeriastone
December 29th, 2006, 07:37
My is guess is it will be down very soon...

Vega
December 29th, 2006, 12:05
This thread is designed to provide a both a guide for installing the 3.02 OE custom firmware, and a place to ask for help in the process. I've done what I can to make this guide as safe and as easy as possible, and I'm quite confident that if you follow this guide, the process of upgrading to 3.02 OE will be quite simple and completely harmless.

lol... found the first few sentences so funny

SSaxdude
December 29th, 2006, 22:00
It says at the bottom:
This thread is not authorized or supported by Sony in any way. I have no affiliation with Sony or any of it's associates.

luxoflux
December 29th, 2006, 22:30
That shocked me knowing that Sony didn't just delete the whole thread as quick as possible.

PSMan62
December 29th, 2006, 23:50
the other thing about this is,
b/c of the IDIOTS posting homebrew and other exploits 4 the PSP ON their sites, sony can then make more and more firmware updates an make it so that the latest games will (somehow) have the latest firmwares (which SUX)

task514
December 30th, 2006, 15:43
One step toward homebrew for Sony!!!:thumbup:

Ramza042
December 30th, 2006, 21:06
The PS3 actually supports homebrew... for now. Sony even released a statement saying it would, but I doubt it will last very long.

gamer76
December 30th, 2006, 22:27
guys read the last bit on the first post:

JUST A REMINDER
This thread is not a place to talk about piracy, or anything else that may be in violation of the law or the Rules of Conduct. I've made a good deal of effort to keep this thread legal and appropriate, and I'm providing it to you hoping you will do the same. Please review the Official Rules of Conduct before posting. This thread is not authorized or supported by Sony in any way. I have no affiliation with Sony or any of it's associates.

thats how it can stay there!!!!

lol

Accordion
December 30th, 2006, 22:45
its funny that most people believe that sony employees run the forums...

Hobobo
December 30th, 2006, 22:52
-Rofl-
I can soo imagine that being locked =]