PDA

View Full Version : Devhook 0.52 (FW 3.03) supported.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 28th, 2006, 19:06
new release via Booster

It's now Boosters time to shine in the festive holiday hacking season with a new build of Devhook! From what we can see there are several changes and v3.03 firmware is definitely supported! Enjoy

As always dcemu is only interested in the fw emulation side NO ISO talk...

Obtain a dump using the new dumping toool for 3.03 posted earlier this week...

As far as i know any running 302 OE-b need not worry as psx game support should be pretty much on par (if not better on custom fw) with 303..

download and give feedback via comment

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 19:11
Nice find Eggman

And nice work booster

gunntims0103
December 28th, 2006, 19:33
does anyone know if this devhook has ps1 support, im on 3.02OE-B it doesnt really matter i was just curious...

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 19:35
I dont think it does in the same way that 3.02OE B has

penileartery
December 28th, 2006, 19:41
i dont think it does yet. i think theyll come out with a prx or something to fully support it like OEB but i donno

scarph
December 28th, 2006, 19:49
yea exactly oe-b has 3 new prxs
thats the only difference between it and oe-a

NovaKane
December 28th, 2006, 20:02
Is this DevHook still in it's beta stages?

Mr. Shizzy
December 28th, 2006, 20:03
Sweet. :D Looks like I'm putting DevHook back on my PSP again. LOL (I'm on 3.02 OE-B)

the_eternal_dark
December 28th, 2006, 20:19
Sweet. :D Looks like I'm putting DevHook back on my PSP again. LOL (I'm on 3.02 OE-B)

Me too.

Good work booster!

Everyone is sticking it to Sony this week. It's soo beautiful to see everyone working toward a common goal, putting them in their place for all the crap they've done this year.

ExcruciationX
December 28th, 2006, 20:23
Great work, Booster!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 28th, 2006, 20:28
Keep it going!! woot!!!! go booster!!! im abit hyper today sry...THX!!!

gbgunner
December 28th, 2006, 23:49
This new version of Devhook, does it support PSX iso's, or do you need another program?

Veskgar
December 29th, 2006, 00:00
Yeah I think its pretty safe to say that a lot of SONY's Christmas parties have been cut short this year with the crippling blows the homebrew scene has delivered.

I don't feel bad because PS1 games should have been supported on launch of the PSP. And 2 years later only to have a few PS1 titles available "officially" via SONY Download store is ridiculous.

SONY has been lazy in delivering the goods when it comes to the PSP so owell. They will learn and hopefully do better with PSP2.

PSP1 is not claimed by homebrew. There is just no stopping it now. If we can just see a few more downgraders in the future for say... 2.81 TA-082 PSP's and such it will be the final nail in the coffin for SONY's hopes in keeping most of the public away from homebrew.

niabi
December 29th, 2006, 00:01
This is great, i am going to try this later!

I just wish it had support for USB like 0.46 :(

or am I missing something?

:confused:

erix2006
December 29th, 2006, 00:05
Good work You guys there! :D

Zion
December 29th, 2006, 00:12
so does this support the custom psx eboots we can make now?

confirmation would be nice :)

alucard001
December 29th, 2006, 01:17
so does this support the custom psx eboots we can make now?

confirmation would be nice :)
Probably but im too lazy to try it

snkrock25
December 29th, 2006, 01:35
It would be great if devhook could emulate custom firmwares :rolleyes: .

Great release all around! ;)

pt9087
December 29th, 2006, 01:56
nice, i love devhook... remeber the times when there was no devhook. hehe and squares haha

TheSKuLL
December 29th, 2006, 03:31
Xtreme

TheSKuLL
December 29th, 2006, 03:32
Xtreme

TheSKuLL
December 29th, 2006, 03:33
xtremity

tsurumaru
December 29th, 2006, 03:34
Any reason why this didn't make the front page? :)

LOL just as I was posting....

Acrodin
December 29th, 2006, 03:43
<---- repeatedly kicking myself in the arse for upgrading

I upgraded from 2.70 to 3 .. 2 days before the psx emulators started to kick off :(

I got tired of waiting, so I upgraded, thinking I could just download the "sony" psx games. Boy was I wrong!!! It'll be a cold day in hell before I buy a PS3 .... thanks a lot Sony! :mad:

tsurumaru
December 29th, 2006, 03:51
Hopefully you've learnt to be a bit more patient from this, and the crucial lesson never upgrade to an official fw!

emuking
December 29th, 2006, 04:17
i still like 3.02 oe b more but this reminds me of the good old days :D

astrogrrl
December 29th, 2006, 12:05
What fetures does this have that DH51.01 running 3.01/2 does not??? :confused:

I am so hoping that Booster will do an update that allows PSX emulation like 3.02OE does. :D As long as it does not have to be flashed. Speaking of which, I am assuming that this can be emulated just like 3.01/2 can without the need to flash anything?

Speediakal
December 29th, 2006, 15:28
is there a devhook that runs on 2.81? or do have to wait for the downgrader?

emuking
December 30th, 2006, 12:13
is there a devhook that runs on 2.81? or do have to wait for the downgrader?

dont upgrade and wait for a downgrader, one for 2.71 just came out so one for 2.81 is inevitable, just be patient :cool:

psp fan
January 2nd, 2007, 18:00
is there a easy install for this? and does this confirmed working on 3.01 OE-B?

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2007, 18:14
I got the new Device Hook 0.52 a few days ago and emulation firmware version 3.03 under 3.02 OE-B is great. Maybe I'll get those dunderheads at work to upgrade their PSPs - after all, they don't seem to know anything about the power of homebrew.

DHARQAXIAN
January 2nd, 2007, 20:36
I didn read the threat correctly...., I thought it was a firmware fix for the 3.03 - ow dumb am I (*^_^*)

Paho
January 4th, 2007, 22:35
Hey does this work for 3.02 oe-b psp's? if it work how do you install this? why are there 2 rar files?

willandjay54
January 9th, 2007, 23:08
how do i load the rest of the files on my psp i already have dh 3.03 on my psp and can't understand the difference from the 3.03 dh and the 3.03 OE-A can anyone help and explain please

riptide
January 21st, 2007, 05:24
does this downgrader work with a psp that isnt TA-082???:confused:

Tomasken
January 21st, 2007, 12:07
Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for a UMD emulator for Firmware Version 3.03 OE B ! Is their one out yet for that FW. So I can play my UMD games directly from my memory stick instead of reading them from my UMD (saves a lot of battery).
Can someone please help me? I didn't know where to put my question so I put it here.

Jes1FromFL
January 22nd, 2007, 23:31
Is the file corrupted or something? The readme.txt looks like: ”‚“dŒ‚‹*OFF‚‚‚‚‚‚ŁAflash‚’†g‚”j‰‚ ‚‚‚Žv‚‚‚‚B
@‚‚̏‘‚Š‚‚ƒm[ƒ}ƒ‹‚FW1.50‚PSP‚‚ŽŒ•œ‹Œ‚‚‚‚*‚‚‚‚ŁAFW1 .50‚
‚Žg—p‚‚‚•‚́AƒŒƒXƒLƒ…[ƒ‚[ƒh‚Ž‚Dark_AlexŽ‚CustonFirmware‚•—

jamesvalmonte
January 23rd, 2007, 20:40
i am such a complete idiot, it was my first time to buy a PsP, and i never knew that updating my PsP from v1.5 to v3.03 (which i found in the website) was a mortal sin! I saw this thread, and if im not mistaken, are you trying to say that this DEVHOOK will work on my 3.03fw and allow me to play games on my memory stick? If what im thinking is correct, then, i worship you... please reply.

jamesvalmonte
January 23rd, 2007, 21:07
can anyone please give me a brief instruction on how to install the DEVHOOK?

Camelot
January 23rd, 2007, 23:30
i am such a complete idiot, it was my first time to buy a PsP, and i never knew that updating my PsP from v1.5 to v3.03 (which i found in the website) was a mortal sin! I saw this thread, and if im not mistaken, are you trying to say that this DEVHOOK will work on my 3.03fw and allow me to play games on my memory stick? If what im thinking is correct, then, i worship you... please reply.

No....:( You were right about one thing though, updating to 3.03 fw is a mortal sin. There is no kernal access on any fw from 2.81-3.03 so that means no homebrew, no downgrade and no devhook:(
The best thing you could do right now is find a way to get a new psp. Cause it will be a while till we can downgrade 3.03

Timmahpspjimmah
February 3rd, 2007, 02:06
Can FW3.03 run Playstation 1 ISO's?

avidd
February 21st, 2007, 17:15
any tutorial on how to install?

boogschd
March 2nd, 2007, 01:27
whats the DH0520000SDK.rar for?
do i need these also to run dh?

philipye
March 12th, 2007, 17:30
how do you install this. i have .46 buh i have no clue on how to install the upgarde

factor remix
March 12th, 2007, 19:37
how do you install this. i have .46 buh i have no clue on how to install the upgarde

Delete all your files of 0.46 devhook, then copy the devhook eboot to game or game150 (for cutom firmware). Copy dh and fbm to the root of your memorystick. Now download 3.03 eboot.pbp update and copy it in root of your memory stick (be sure its called eboot.pbp).

Download 3.03 devhook fw install and copy it to game or game150. Then start the devhook fw install, when you finish delete the eboots of devhook fw install and start devhook 0.52.

Select in firmwares 3.03 MS or MS+Flash
and start the devhook...

philipye
March 12th, 2007, 22:04
THnx that helped alot.. it works now:D

factor remix
March 12th, 2007, 22:14
THnx that helped alot.. it works now:D

no problem;)

budak
March 16th, 2007, 11:16
Hello For Any BodY Out There....Just Wondering If I Use The Devhook 0.52 Can My Psp Still Play the Snes Emulator?Coz From Wat I Know U need To Using The 3.03 Updates Can Some One There Tell Me If The Snes Till Can Play After Thet And Plsss I try Many Times To Do This But It Not Working Can Teach Me Step By Step How To Install This Thing...Thank You

budak
March 16th, 2007, 11:20
Hello For Any BodY Out There....Just Wondering If I Use The Devhook 0.52 Can My Psp Still Play the Snes Emulator?Coz From Wat I Know U need To Using The 3.03 Updates Can Some One There Tell Me If The Snes Till Can Play After Thet And Plsss I try Many Times To Do This But It Not Working Can Teach Me Step By Step How To Install This Thing...Thank You......Pls Help Meee

JAMIL
April 2nd, 2007, 14:49
Hello my name is Jamil and I'm a total noob to DEVHOOK. I have no idea how to install it. I have FIRMWARE 1.50. Please can someone help me!:thumbup:

Buddy4point0
April 2nd, 2007, 21:19
yea i can. DONT USE IT
not that its bad or anything but upgrading to 3.03 oe c is a MUCH better choice. it give you all the features of 3.03 and the homebrew ability of 1.50 simaltaiosly without switching systems. pretty much every psp homebrew user has it and belive me its the best

mkelvin
April 3rd, 2007, 10:12
hi.. can someone link me to a guide that shows how to install this ? i almost brick myself couple of hours ago with a gameboot and i'm still new to this sorta thing. i dont wanna go through the same process just coz i wanted to save time asking. so yeh...

thanks heaps..

Kichigai Mentat
April 3rd, 2007, 15:43
hi.. can someone link me to a guide that shows how to install this ? i almost brick myself couple of hours ago with a gameboot and i'm still new to this sorta thing. i dont wanna go through the same process just coz i wanted to save time asking. so yeh...

thanks heaps..

Hello my name is Jamil and I'm a total noob to DEVHOOK. I have no idea how to install it. I have FIRMWARE 1.50. Please can someone help me!:thumbup:
You can't brick your PSP with DevHook. Everything is done on the MemoryStick, nothing touches Flash Memory. The instructions are simple: download, extract, copy EVERYTHING onto your memory stick (if the path in the extracted file is /psp/game/foo/bar, then copy it to /psp/game/foo/bar in your MemoryStick)

Run. It's been a while, so I'm not 100% sure how to insert a firmware, but I'm pretty sure you'll need a decrypter and you should copy it into /dh/303 or something like that.

Hello For Any BodY Out There....Just Wondering If I Use The Devhook 0.52 Can My Psp Still Play the Snes Emulator?Coz From Wat I Know U need To Using The 3.03 Updates Can Some One There Tell Me If The Snes Till Can Play After Thet And Plsss I try Many Times To Do This But It Not Working Can Teach Me Step By Step How To Install This Thing...Thank You......Pls Help Meee
Well, first please don't capitalize the first letter of every word. It's almost as annoying as all caps. And "Plsss" break up your question into sentences next time. It's rather hard to read it the way you have it written now. Sorry for being a grammar nazi, but you get better replies when people can understand you.

Now, you cannot run emulators inside of a DevHook'd 3.03. Since the DevHook'd firmware is pure, undiluted Sony, all of its control mechanisms remain intact. You'll have to go back to 1.50 or 2.00 in order to run your emulators. However, 3.03 OE-A, OE-B, OE-C and 3.10 OE-A' can all play homebrew and the latest games in the same firmware, with the ability to downgrade.

whats the DH0520000SDK.rar for?
do i need these also to run dh?
No, you don't. That is the SDK, or System Development Kit. It's there so anyone who wants to create custom mods of DevHook can do so.

Can FW3.03 run Playstation 1 ISO's?
Yes, and no. Since, as I explained in the emulator question, all of Sony's code is intact when you DevHook a firmware, you cannot run your own PSX games. 3.03 is capable of playing PlayStation games, however they have to be purchased from the PLAYSTATION STORE (odd how the proper spelling of that thing is in all caps...). 3.03 OE-A, OE-B- and OE-C and 3.10 OE-A', however can play any PSX game you convert into an eBoot. The OE firmwares have a recovery mode and the ability to be easily downgraded. I highly recommend them as a viable option.

However, there is a flaw with OE firmwares: you lose the ability to play PSP games via Infrastructure Mode. Within DevHook, Infrastructure Mode functions fine. The good news is, though, you can run a DevHook'd 3.03 inside of an OE firmware, and get the best of both worlds.

steveyb23
April 12th, 2007, 08:47
how do you install it

gang16
April 13th, 2007, 17:53
how do you install devhook 0.52

vsbtone
April 17th, 2007, 09:04
can somone post a detailed way of how to install dev hook

Chameleon
April 17th, 2007, 09:14
Creating the DATA.PSAR from the 3.03 Eboot:
1. 3.03 Firmware Eboot[/URL]
2. Devhook v0.52 and Psar Dumper (http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.03-PSP/pg/12/fid/11844/catid/163)
3. Extract all the files onto your computer somewhere
4. Move PSAR_Dumper2 and PSAR_Dumper2% to (X:\PSP\Game) directory or (X:\PSP\GAME150) directory for custom firmware users
5. Get PBP unpacker[URL="http://dl.qj.net/PBP-Unpacker-v0.94-PSP-Tools-Utilities-%28on-PC%29/pg/12/fid/8808/catid/192"]
6. Install PBP unpacker on your computer
7. Run PBP unpacker, click open
8. Navigate to the 3.03 eboot file and open it, then extract the files to any directory
9. Now move the DATA.psar extracted from the 3.03 eboot and move it to the root of your memory stick. So now it's in (X:\DATA.psar)

Dumping the DATA.PSAR into the F0 folder:
1. Run the Psar Dumper on the PSP from GAME --> Memory Stick
2. Follow the on screen intructions and press "X" to dump

Setting up Devhook v0.52:
1. Now connect your PSP to the computer via USB and copy the "dh", "fbm", and "PSP" folders into the the root of your memory stick. So now you should have all 3 of those folders in (X:\)
- Also if you already hadn't, create an ISO folder in the root of your memory stick (X:\ISO)
- Custom Firmware users copy the "%__SCE__DH052" and "__SCE__DH052" folders into the (X:\PSP\GAME150) directory of your memory stick

2. Copy the newly created "F0" folder from the root of your memory stick and move it to the (X:\dh\3.03) directory of your memory stick
3. Disconnect your PSP from the USB, and run Devhook v0.52 on the PSP from GAME --> Memory Stick and go down to flash install (uninstall the flash configuration if you have previously installed a previous firmware) and click install configuration
4. Hold O for a few seconds to start the process
5. Now go to firmware and select 3.03 and boot up Devhook
6. You can now delete the "F0" folder in the root of your memory stick

That's it, you should now be able to emulate firmware 3.03 on your 1.50 PSP.

vsbtone
April 17th, 2007, 10:14
i am trying to run the Psar Dumper on my psp but it says the game could not be started what do i do\

Chameleon
April 17th, 2007, 10:16
what firmware do you have?

vsbtone
April 17th, 2007, 10:20
i have 3.30

Chameleon
April 17th, 2007, 10:33
Unless it 3.30OE firmware you dont have the homebrew capabilties that you need to use devhook

vsbtone
April 17th, 2007, 10:36
how do i get that

Chameleon
April 17th, 2007, 10:43
You cant buddy, you have to wait for an exploit in the firmware you currently have, but unfortunatley none have been found thus far.

The exploit allows the firmware to be downgraded to a homebrew capaple firmware version, If your lucky maybe in a couple of years it will be found :(

But i suggest returning it or whatever and buying a new one from like walmart or something... chances are good that if you do you will be able to downgrade it and get homebrew to work with it.

Boodiznat
May 10th, 2007, 01:39
yo chameleon .. ive got the same problem as the last guy .. except i have firmware 3.03 .. but i get that stupid error mssg "The game could not be started. (8002014C)" .. ive researched and all ive gotten was "go into recovery mode and set the configuration to kurnel 1.5 or make a folder called "GAME150" and put my homebrew in there .. but nothing seems to work .. when i put the psar_dump stuff in "GAME150" , it just doesnt show up on the PSP

Boodiznat
May 10th, 2007, 01:40
ive also tried to go into recovery mode .. but that doesnt even work either

harley141
May 20th, 2007, 06:52
Creating the DATA.PSAR from the 3.03 Eboot:
1. 3.03 Firmware Eboot[/URL]
2. Devhook v0.52 and Psar Dumper (http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.03-PSP/pg/12/fid/11844/catid/163)
3. Extract all the files onto your computer somewhere
4. Move PSAR_Dumper2 and PSAR_Dumper2% to (X:\PSP\Game) directory or (X:\PSP\GAME150) directory for custom firmware users
5. Get PBP unpacker[URL="http://dl.qj.net/PBP-Unpacker-v0.94-PSP-Tools-Utilities-%28on-PC%29/pg/12/fid/8808/catid/192"]
6. Install PBP unpacker on your computer
7. Run PBP unpacker, click open
8. Navigate to the 3.03 eboot file and open it, then extract the files to any directory
9. Now move the DATA.psar extracted from the 3.03 eboot and move it to the root of your memory stick. So now it's in (X:\DATA.psar)

Dumping the DATA.PSAR into the F0 folder:
1. Run the Psar Dumper on the PSP from GAME --> Memory Stick
2. Follow the on screen intructions and press "X" to dump

Setting up Devhook v0.52:
1. Now connect your PSP to the computer via USB and copy the "dh", "fbm", and "PSP" folders into the the root of your memory stick. So now you should have all 3 of those folders in (X:\)
- Also if you already hadn't, create an ISO folder in the root of your memory stick (X:\ISO)
- Custom Firmware users copy the "%__SCE__DH052" and "__SCE__DH052" folders into the (X:\PSP\GAME150) directory of your memory stick

2. Copy the newly created "F0" folder from the root of your memory stick and move it to the (X:\dh\3.03) directory of your memory stick
3. Disconnect your PSP from the USB, and run Devhook v0.52 on the PSP from GAME --> Memory Stick and go down to flash install (uninstall the flash configuration if you have previously installed a previous firmware) and click install configuration
4. Hold O for a few seconds to start the process
5. Now go to firmware and select 3.03 and boot up Devhook
6. You can now delete the "F0" folder in the root of your memory stick

That's it, you should now be able to emulate firmware 3.03 on your 1.50 PSP.

Setting up devhook 0.52 is the same as setting up devhook 0.46? just that you get to emulate up to 3.03 with dh 0.52? I have been running 0.46 for a while now till i realise many new games require 3.xx at least. Thus upgrading to 0.52 will solve my problem?

Also, another noobie question, but installing dh 0.52 does not flash your PSP at all as everything is done on the memstick? Thanks a mil!

PSPFR3AK
May 21st, 2007, 17:53
this works on a ta-082 fw 2.71 ?

msiblini94
May 21st, 2007, 19:24
i have 3.03 and I tried putting devhook 0.52 on like everyone is saying but when I want to launch the dumper it is saying and error has occured. Can someon please make a clear tutorial or a video tutorial step by step to put DevHook on a normal 3.03. Please reply. I also saw someone on Youtube start Killzone Demo then devhook came. Is it true and how?

msiblini94
May 22nd, 2007, 02:28
where can I find the 3.03 Devhook Installer?And the PSAR dumper does not work on my 3.03 psp. Can you please make a link for 3.03 devhook installer and clearer instructions.Thanks

aznTerz
May 22nd, 2007, 09:13
umm.... this isnt even "official 3.03" support is it....???
i think it doesnt work with any official sony firmware....

bah
May 22nd, 2007, 09:35
This only runs on PSPs running firmware 1.50.

It can emulate up to firmware 3.03.

dreds25
June 17th, 2007, 22:56
hello

sbhamra
June 23rd, 2007, 08:57
Ive got a 1.5 psp and i install it correctly,put all the files where they should go and when i boot up devhook on the psp, it loads up fine and when i choose the firmware for e.g 3.03 and then choose my umd disc to play and press start devhook. It reboots the system and it turns on for a couple of seconds and then turns off, like nothing happened. Could someone tell me what is the problem?

VagrantWalker
September 3rd, 2007, 01:01
Sorry for not understanding all this yet, but just to make sure, will this work on 3.40 OE-A if I run it in 1.50 kernel?

yash1983
October 13th, 2007, 06:20
can u plz help me how to install this devhook on to my PSP ver 2.71 & ver 3.52