PDA

View Full Version : Background Maker For 3.02OE PSP's

splodger15
December 28th, 2006, 22:09
Access_Denied, has released a new application for 3.02OE users, a "Background Maker". With the creation of 3.0 firmware, Sony changed the way their original/default backgrounds are stored on the PSP's flash and previous methods would not work. PSPersonalize, released about a year and a half ago allowed 1.50 firmware PSP's to use custom backgrounds (something of which was non-existent up to this program release), of which Sony followed suit later and released firmware 2.0 which enabled the use of custom backgrounds.

PSPersonalize was limited in the size (150kb) and a resolution of 300x170. With the release of firmware 2.0, users were able to use full resolution backgrounds of any size, which allowed for a clearer and more crisp image. However, even with firmware 3.0 and it's new method of storing Sony's original backgrounds (all one file instead of 12 separate ones).

This application will combine all 12 of your custom backgrounds into one to be used with this and will flash it to the PSP's Flash (dangerous). However, like PSPersonalize, this shares the same downside in regards to resolution limitations and size limitations. It's much safer to use the built-in background changer on your PSP than use this, but for those looking for a permanent solution, this might be for you.

Note: Use this program at your own risk, it may brick your PSP! Read the Readme before use!

Destroyer699
December 28th, 2006, 23:10
cool

Mr. Shizzy
December 29th, 2006, 00:10
Nice. I like. :D So I assume bg's need to be 300 x 170 for use with this app?

vision
December 29th, 2006, 06:32
I made a couple awhile back
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46909

if anyone is intrested....

sedkiller
January 7th, 2007, 07:16
they say there is a file missing when i try to open the .exe file...