PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PS1 games on OE-B

gozeera
December 29th, 2006, 00:34
I have downloaded some and created some of the eboots myself following all instructions and everytime I try and run it it shows the "warning game may behave differently screen " that normally comes up, but then it tells me "Game cannot be started".

What am I doing wrong? The Crash Bandicoot one works just fine for me, but I can't get anything else to work, heeeeelp....

steve-b
December 29th, 2006, 08:30
do you have the keys.bin file in the same folder as the eboots?

Have you hex edited the eboots? Sometimes this can break them.

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 12:36
If opened the Eboots they become corrupt or hex edited them they become corrupt

Accordion
December 29th, 2006, 12:41
they wint work because you have a parrot on your shoulder...

weirdelf
December 29th, 2006, 13:46
Are You sure you're not on oe-a?

gozeera
December 29th, 2006, 20:25
I don't have a parrot on my shoulder, although I do sometimes have a ferret on my shoulder.

As hard as it is to believe nowadays, I actually legitimately own around 100 original PS1 games that I am ripping myself.

All I want is to play some of my old favorites on the PSP.

So, yes I have placed the keys.bin file in there and also have not hex edited or changed anything. I even dl'ed one for spyro that was already in eboot format and it still did the same thing. The only one that has worked is Crash Bandicoot.

andrewgabriel77
December 30th, 2006, 01:09
I'd try changing what format you're ripping them to...sometimes bin's or img's work better than iso's. Also make sure that you don't have any other programs running while you are ripping the cd's. That can mess up the ripping process. Also NTSC's works better than PAL's...if you've got PAL's then convert them after you've made the disc image.

lforster
December 30th, 2006, 10:06
I've had no luck with ISO, only BIN and IMG have worked for me. Also my PAL images sucked as well, so I had to convert those beasts to NTSC. Now they run like a greased greasemonkey.

gozeera
December 30th, 2006, 10:53
The problem was that I had a bunch of customizations from X-Flash turned on and once I turned them off I could play the PS1 games again just fine.

kiore
December 30th, 2006, 21:16
they wint work because you have a parrot on your shoulder...

ROFL.........