PDA

View Full Version : Sony Recants on Dead Pixels (Sort Of)

wraggster
March 30th, 2005, 22:16
As reported on Gamestop, Sony will now warranty PSP units suffering from dead pixels. Sony still insists that dead pixels are a common problem in all LCD displays, saying "A very small number of dark pixels or continuously lit pixels is normal for LCD screens, and is not a sign of a malfunction," and asks that PSP owners use theirs for at least a week or two, to see if it still bothers them. User who encounter, "persistent and aggravating dead pixels," are instructed to contact Sony customer support, and will be allowed to mail in their PSP to recieve a unit with a new screen

xXpurplepanzy56Xx
March 31st, 2005, 01:56
ya it weird my dead pixels keep turning on and off but i really dont care, what im pissed about is i have a faint scratch on my screen does anyone else have small scratces already

psplover
March 31st, 2005, 04:03
Never use the offical carrying case unless you want scratches on your screen. It will seriously do some damage. Buy youself a looser fitting carrying case and wrap the screen with a cleaning cloth. Also always keep a screen protector on it and play in non dusty areas. My first unit I returned has a huge scartch in the middle and i only played it once and kept it in the carry case the whole time. Never use the sony carrying case.

xXpurplepanzy56Xx
March 31st, 2005, 05:34
does it take long to turn in the psp and get a new one??

psplover
March 31st, 2005, 17:40
Not really. If you send it to Sony it takes forever. If you bought it at store like ebgames or walmart. They let you do it instantly without any questions asked really. Ebgames has some of the best service there is. Then again I know alot of people that work there....