PDA

View Full Version : psx pbp patcher Game save fix without a hex editor!

gunntims0103
December 29th, 2006, 05:23
new release via Piccahoe (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-psx-pbp-patcher-86530.html)

directory path changer by piccahoe for linux and windows

thanks to freeplay for mentioning (in #noobzot) that you could hex the name of the folder in the eboot.pbp

What this does:
-Lets you have more than one psx game on your psx
-Fix Game Saves (?)

How to use this:
1. Put this in the same folder as the eboot.pbp which you was created by popstation or the alternative program. (forgot the name sorry!)
2. After you converted the file from iso to pbp using popstation or the alternative program (forgot the name sorry!)
3. click on patch.exe or goto konsole if you on linux type patch.bin
4. it will tell you to enter the new name of the directory. Enter a new name like blahblah (9 char max).
5. wait till it finish! it will only take a sec!
6. turn on your usb using your psp
7. goto /psp/game and create and folder and name it the same name you enter in the program the example name above was blahbalh so
you have to create a folder name blahblah
8. put the eboot.pbp into the folder that you created along with keys.bin and document.dat

Other infomation:
This program was coded in linux, compiled with g++, the windows version was compiled with dev-c++.

download and give feedback via comment

mysteriousnesss
December 29th, 2006, 05:24
nice thanks man!

pimpjuice10
December 29th, 2006, 05:39
so does this program shrink the psx iso so more games can fit on ur memory card??

requiem957
December 29th, 2006, 06:57
No. Well, at least I don't think so. This just makes sure that the emulated ps1 "memory card" doesn't save over itself with every game you play. It'd get annoying to be only able to play one game at a time if you have 2 or 3 on your "memory stick."

From what I hear compression isn't really supported yet in the conversion, so I'm guessing we'll be waiting a while before we get that feature, pimpjuice10.

broxigar74
December 29th, 2006, 07:57
im a little confused do you do this b4 you make eboot or after also do you do this in a different folder or int the same folder as popstation

pkmusicmaker
December 29th, 2006, 08:38
The first step says to use the eboot you ALREADY MADE using popstation, so its used after.

kevinborchert
December 29th, 2006, 12:51
No, Sony uses a special/complex algorithm to compress psx games into an EBOOT

gr42178
December 29th, 2006, 16:17
new release via Piccahoe (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-psx-pbp-patcher-86530.html)

directory path changer by piccahoe for linux and windows

thanks to freeplay for mentioning (in #noobzot) that you could hex the name of the folder in the eboot.pbp

What this does:
-Lets you have more than one psx game on your psx
-Fix Game Saves (?)

How to use this:
1. Put this in the same folder as the eboot.pbp which you was created by popstation or the alternative program. (forgot the name sorry!)
2. After you converted the file from iso to pbp using popstation or the alternative program (forgot the name sorry!)
3. click on patch.exe or goto konsole if you on linux type patch.bin
4. it will tell you to enter the new name of the directory. Enter a new name like blahblah (9 char max).
5. wait till it finish! it will only take a sec!
6. turn on your usb using your psp
7. goto /psp/game and create and folder and name it the same name you enter in the program the example name above was blahbalh so
you have to create a folder name blahblah
8. put the eboot.pbp into the folder that you created along with keys.bin and document.dat

Other infomation:
This program was coded in linux, compiled with g++, the windows version was compiled with dev-c++.

download and give feedback via comment

I dont think you need to put the document.dat file on your memory stick. I have a couple of games without it. Correct me if I'm wrong....

blaz3d
December 29th, 2006, 20:30
gr42178 document.dat is the instruction manual for the game. not nessesary at all but nice to have:D

SteveV2
December 29th, 2006, 21:08
Oooh, nice. I only noticed today that only 1 save was on the MS. Been way to busy testing games, and here's my answer :)

SkankinMonkey
December 29th, 2006, 22:12
thanks!

gr42178
January 2nd, 2007, 14:34
gr42178 document.dat is the instruction manual for the game. not nessesary at all but nice to have:D
I didnt know that, that is pretty nice to have. Thanks for the info blaz3d.