PDA

View Full Version : too much voltage??

nismo_tuner125
December 29th, 2006, 06:57
i just bought an external battery off of ebay, and the thing runs 5v @ 700mah. i heard its supposed to be 500mah, but is 700mah safe?

bah
December 29th, 2006, 08:32
mAh (Milliamp Hours) is a measure of the total amount of power the battery stores. IE a 500mAh battery can deliver 100mA for 5 hours, or 1mA for 500 hours.

mA (Milliamps) is the level of power that the device is actually drawing.

The official charger is rated at 5v, 2000mA (2 amps), so long as the thing is putting out 5v I cannot see a problem.

EDIT: If the external power pack is 700mAh, and is supplying power to charge the battery not just run the console, at 2000mA wouldn't it last under 20 mins? I'm assuming the psp doesnt draw the full 2A all the time.

nismo_tuner125
December 29th, 2006, 18:16
it says it has the capacity of it is 8000mah, and if you look on the pic it says 5V 700mah. all im really wondering is if its not to much for the psp to handle.

-thanks for the help

Description :

This external batetry PACK is recharegable and able to support your power need when the PSP / NDS / GBA SP is run out of battery.

1. 8000mAh Battery Pack for PSP, NDA, GBA SP

Specifications
o Color: BLACK (as gallery photo).
o
o Dimension: 75mm X 72mm X 15mm Capacity: 8000mAh
o Work Voltage: 5V
o Work temparture: 10 ~ 40 census degree
o Battery type: rechargeable lithium battery
* Compatible: for use with PSP / NDS Game Console
* Device: PSP / NDS Game Console is NOT provided.
* User Guide:
o The LED light will turn RED when this is being charged by the PSP AC Adapter.
o
o When fully charged, the LED light will turn to GREEN. Please use matching cable if you need to connect this charger with other game consoles such as PSP, NDS, GBA SP to refill your game player.
o Please turn ON / OFF button to switch ON when using it with Game Console for portable power refill. Please turn OFF when it's not in use to save energy.

http://img.inkfrog.com/click_enlarge1.php?image=PSP_battery_8000.jpg&username=websell8

gymnotropic
December 29th, 2006, 23:27
You really have nothing to worry about. As long as the 5 volts isn't directly connected to your battery in your PSP, and goes through the charging port you should be fine. mAh is just how long it lasts.

nismo_tuner125
December 30th, 2006, 02:21
K, thanks