PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 to sport 60GB Samsung hard drive?

wraggster
December 29th, 2006, 09:15
via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/28/psp2-to-sport-60gb-samsung-hard-drive/)

Hard to imagine, but it's been over two years since Sony unleashed the PSP (at least in Japan), so it stands to reason that we're due for a little upgrade, right? Well, it's difficult to tell precisely what's going on due to the machine translation, but Samsung introduced its new N-Series line of 1.8-inch hard drives today and there's some indication that a 60GB version of the drive may end up in a future PSP. With any luck we may see a proper announcement at CES next month -- we definitely would not kick a 60GB PSP out of bed -- but for right now we're just trying to figure out exactly what Samsung announced today.

Zion
December 29th, 2006, 09:34
That would be great :)

More space for homebrew lol

kevinborchert
December 29th, 2006, 09:34
60 gigs, hells yeah!!!!But chances are we wont have homebrew on the "future PSP"

IamAbe
December 29th, 2006, 09:49
60 gigs, hells yeah!!!!But chances are we wont have homebrew on the "future PSP"

hahaha, ya right. someone'll hack it FOR SURE. that'll be great for homebrew, can't wait:D

IamAbe
December 29th, 2006, 09:51
poor wraggy just cant keep away from us. ENJOY YOUR VACATION MAN!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 29th, 2006, 10:44
No good if u have a old psp unless new fws will support it.

nomi
December 29th, 2006, 11:03
thas cool! well lets hope WE can Hack! man 60 gb of HOMEBREW! YEAH!

Stew2000
December 29th, 2006, 11:47
I don't want a PSP2. They can finish this one first.

Avenyet
December 29th, 2006, 12:18
I don't want a PSP2. They can finish this one first.

lol nicely said but this is sony they never finished the ps2 in the UK... so we've got no hope in hell lets just hope the psp version 2 wll be better than this one like i dunno a decent shape that doesn;t give u cramp or some decent anolgue sticks and a r2 and l2 buttons oh and but the X triangle O and sqaure button closer together again its impossible to playing guitaroo man on it...

wilbur
December 29th, 2006, 13:12
Hhmm. 60 gigs is good. I'm presuming it's a nand flash solid state hard drive right?. i reckon the new psp should rock. they should hold out so they can bump it up to 100GO's though, which would make it a true external HDD. they've had a long time to analyse the faults with this one. i gotta say though, i use my psp for so much. i know people need to pick holes in things and we all do it, but i am really satisfied with the psp's functionality. anything that multi-tasks like that is great in my book.
in terms of changes to the psp, I'm not so concerned with storage. memory stick capacity is growing exponentially so i reckon we'll be able to sport that kind of storage in the original psp before too long anyway. what i'm really looking forward to is better analog nub and a screen with lusher LCD quality in terms of vibrance and refresh rate. i was blown away with the psp screen when i got it - the blurry dark hues during fast sprites have begun get to me now i know there is better screen technology out there.
If they don't make significant changes to those aspects i can't see the point of buying one.

Veskgar
December 29th, 2006, 15:55
60GB is fine. Sure they could probably make it 80 or 100 but then the price would be significantly higher. IF they can come out with an affordable package makiing it $199.99 - $249.99 I think the PSP2 could have potential against its competitors.

But knowing SONY it will be priced at like $349.99 or something crazy.

Sure Nintendo hit it big with the DS Lite. But its also a lot cheaper than PSP. The PSP2 will need something unique about it to allow for unique PSP2 exclusive games. Hardware is nothing without the software that fuels it.

I would not mind seeing a touch-screen or some other nifty upgrades. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

inlovewithi
December 29th, 2006, 21:20
Hard drives have moving parts, so I would be paranoid to drop it, so I probably wouldn't feel comfortable traveling with it. If they add a touch screen, I will never buy another Sony product again. Ripping off other people's hard work and ideas. Snakes.

JD/
December 30th, 2006, 00:16
I hope they wait a while before bringing it out so they can make it more powerful more power = more homebrew and emulation I fit had loads of power it could emulate soome very awesome systems and that 60gig hardrive would be able to hold alot of ps1 eboots.