PDA

View Full Version : PSP(Redeigned Version) To Be Shown At E3 '07!

IamAbe
December 29th, 2006, 09:56
Posted by yigytugd on the Playstation.com PSP forum:

It has been announce on numerous sites that a redesigned PSP will be at E3 and available for the christmas season. This is still not comfirmed but Sony has said in mag articles that it might hit early '08. But updates will continue for the original PSP. Remember this is not PSP2(or as said) just for now a better version. (Im on my PSP so links will be up later)

Link to original post: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2731225

This seems to tie into wraggy's post about Samsung's 60Gig HDD...

alamosh
December 29th, 2006, 12:17
It's gonna be so impossible to run homebrew on that new model...

dafe1er
December 29th, 2006, 12:59
Never say never my friend.

If you can build it, then you can break it!!!!!!!

always remember that there will always be one employee who hates his/her boss and wants to get back at them.!!!!:D

Dafe.

alamosh
December 29th, 2006, 13:01
yeah... that's true.. i'm forgetting the very origins of the scene..

heeroyun
December 29th, 2006, 13:29
Damn , i just bough my PSP few weeks ago , and i cherish my PSP and my homebrew .

Dont make a new one , just make some update for the PSP will be the best way to do .

Ghoti
December 29th, 2006, 13:30
can you please elaborate that? i do not know the origins of the scene unfortunately but I am curious!

greets ghoti

doverkiller
December 29th, 2006, 13:50
If you can build it, then you can break it!!!!!!!

or you can brick it.. :D

a 60G PSP could send the ipod to the grave.. :D

dafe1er
December 29th, 2006, 13:58

and yes you can also brick it!:D
and to tell you the truth I hope Ipod and the zune die off they suck!!!! over priced units to watch movies and listen to music but wait? you can't play games.blah, blah, blah,
I can't stand apple, and the zune my cousin just got for Xmas and spent $300usd on accessories what a jackass!!!!! I'll keep to the psp and look forward to spending my money on the next system that will be better than the two I mention above..

Dafe.

alucard001
December 29th, 2006, 14:24
dude i just bought a 4gb memory stick like a couple months ago, and now this, a revamped psp... man

alamosh
December 29th, 2006, 14:40
it all depends on what kind of new stuff it comes with.

even though i had a phat ds, i bought a ds lite when it came out... just because it looked slick.

pichon
December 29th, 2006, 15:40
Just give me cheap 8gb MS and I'll be fine, who needs a new/improved PSP? I have hundreds of retro games yet to play on current PSP that fit nicely in my current 4gb MS, and it'll surely be heavier, bigger and use more battery if it fits a 60gb HD.

I see myself playing with my PSP for years to come.

Veskgar
December 29th, 2006, 15:47
Yeah, Nintendo struck gold with the redesign of the DS and I don't think SONY would be doing anything wrong in making an upgraded PSP hardware version. I am pretty sure I'll want a "PSP2" but it will never likely be able to take the place of a fully homebrew capable "PSP1".

I also initially felt that the "PSP2" would be impossible to hack or run homebrew on but lets not forsake a scene before it even starts. We want talented coders, modders, etc, to take up the challenge when the PSP2 is released.

Put it this way, if someone told me that we'd be able to play GBA, PS1, SNES, MVS, CPS1 & CPS2, etc. etc. etc. when the PSP first came out I and others would not have believed it. Now look where we are.

I think I can give one solid bit of advice for EVERYONE who wants a PSP2. Save up to get one on launch day and DON'T UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE....

Even if it takes 6 months, or a year after its release, the homebrew potential on PSP2 w/ built in 60GB is almost limitless.

With that all said, I will probably never be able to put my current PSP down. There is so much it is capable of now to keep me busy for a decade at least. And this is not to mention all the great projects still in development.

So I hope that SONY/SanDisk still release that 32GB memory card ;-)

cal360
December 29th, 2006, 16:46
Hopefully the redisgn will be able to run homebrew in the future and have a larger flash memory.

Mew
December 29th, 2006, 19:37
redesign maybe:

- better d-pad
- built in camera/microphone and gps
- thinner?!

possible homebrew on that thing:
flash replacement or sth like that.. chip like U.P.

why redesign? to work on a PSP2 would be much cleverer... We need a second analog nub, man!

IamAbe
December 29th, 2006, 19:55
i hope it has more ram, and a faster cpu. that would be great

also, you all worry too much. this things getting hacked within a week. PSP has the strongest homebrew/hacking community since xbox, someone will definitely krak it, have faith.

F9zDark
December 29th, 2006, 20:01
I am definately buying one when it comes out. I hope it has another analog nub...

A hard drive will be awesome.

acn010
December 29th, 2006, 20:05
if its gonna be slimmer, of course ill buy one!!!!!!!!!

Gene
December 30th, 2006, 00:42
my only question is if it will be affordable...

if a pspR(redesigned) costs about $(USD)250-300 ,then it would be affordable...but if it would run around $(USD)400-600, then i think i'd just stick it to sony, and they can go to hell, with their overpriced redesign.

but anyway i hope it is a mutual gain, where both, the seller, and the consumer are satisfied.

if this won't have dual analog sticks, then it's not worth it to spend an extra 250-600 big ones.

SpooForBrains
December 30th, 2006, 11:09
I have to say I think the current PSP is pretty close to perfect. Most of the limitations are in the Software, not the hardware, and are entirely deliberate on the part of Sony. Make it smaller and you compromise the fantastic screen (and I still haven't seen anything like the PSP screen in the same price range). I still think it's one of the sexiest pieces of consumer kit I've ever seen.

Maybe that was Sony's big mistake. They should have made a pig ugly one first, then redesigned it into something svelte and sexy so everyone has to go out and buy a new one.

Perhaps they could lose the analogue nub entirely and instead have a module that plugs into the bottom to give dual analogue sticks ...

Oh, and USB host. I want my keyboard, gorramit!

MattZani
December 30th, 2006, 13:51
i thought E3 had been closed, and there will be no E3 '07?

i think its waay too early to be showing a PSP2 (of sorts) especially when they have just had a boom from the PS3

Matt

Harshboy
December 30th, 2006, 15:15

and your wallet:p

oregono
December 30th, 2006, 17:58
Damn , i just bought my PSP few weeks ago , and i cherish my PSP and my homebrew .

Dont make a new one , just make some update for the PSP will be the best way to do .

I agree. Although even if they DO make a new one, the only possible changes could be built-in storage and button location and screen size. All of this on the origonal are FINE. They are not gonna add a second analog stick or anything like that. Dont fret, enjoy you PSP.

sok98
December 30th, 2006, 19:52
im sure sony will give the first firmware homebrew or like leave a really easy to find exploit so lots of people will buy it and then continue making security patches and such jut like the psp... just my opinion tho

chrono75
December 30th, 2006, 22:38
I like the PSP I have now! Screw the new one! Now, unless it has more memory or more processing power, which it probably doesn't, I don't even think I'll even consider getting it.

Hobobo
December 30th, 2006, 22:55
I bet this PSP(2) will be like the PS3. Make so much hype then it's gonna be really crap/buggy =\