PDA

View Full Version : Calling All 3.02 OE Users

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 13:34
I have noticed that when i try to set a wallpaper on OE B it doesnt seem to stay.So when i switch my PSP off then back on again the wallpaper is gone.Is there a way to fix this or is it just me.I know that The_Ultimate_Eggman is getting the same problem as well.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 29th, 2006, 13:37
Mine arose after i ran devhook 0.52 im not saying this was the cause but prior to that all was well, i can apply my wallpaper but on restart it defaults back to the plain monthly one.I have been sent a flash 1 formater by a source that shall remain anon but im to scared to use it if any one has a fix or can code one let the world know.

jak66
December 29th, 2006, 13:54
works for me....i havent used devhook 0.52 (no need for it) so maybe that has something to do with it (I used to have problems on 2.71 SE after using flash install on devhook 0.51)

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 13:56
I havent used Devhook on it yet although i might do a firmware dump and have a look

EDIT: Strange i went to dump my firmware with X Flash and got this

X flash has detected that you registry version does not match your firmware version.This maybe a result of a firmware upgrade.You should restore the PSP's unit default.Through the PSP xmb menu and reenter your settings

steve-b
December 29th, 2006, 14:13
perhaps the upgrade did not format flash1 correctly. I notice it carried over alot of my settings from 2.71 when I upgraded. When I went to system settings I got the blue screen and everything reset. My backgrounds save with no problems. I bet getting the BSoD, which then resets flash1 is the fix, so I guess doing a reset to defaults would do the same.

edit: Did you guys get the BSoD when you upgraded?

edit 2: I just checked my friends PSP which I had upgraded earlier today and didn't get the BSoD. His backgrounds are saving fine, so there goes that theory.

tuta
December 29th, 2006, 14:20
thats a corrupted flash1 after I got a bsod at system settings everything was running smoothly

edit: running smoothly after bsod

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 14:28
Restore defaults on the PSP I can see no devhook files in my firmware dump

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 29th, 2006, 14:47
Im sorted sploder ran recovery rolled back to 1.50 then updated to 302 se-a the added the B update devhook is now banned of my psp lol.

dejkirkby
December 29th, 2006, 16:00
It's really easy to sort out. Go to settings, theme settings, wallpaper and select yes. Then go to your Photo's and choose you wallpaper.

M Dash
December 29th, 2006, 16:05
I'm not having that problem...

I'm running 3.02 OE-B, with wallpaper set, and nothing like that has ever happened to me.

@ steve-b: yes, I also got the BSoD when I went to system settings when i upgraded. Since then, no more problems at all.

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 16:12
I got it working now

Thanks for the help everyone

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 29th, 2006, 16:22
It's really easy to sort out. Go to settings, theme settings, wallpaper and select yes. Then go to your Photo's and choose you wallpaper.

DDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOh dont u think WE tried that 1st were not muppets it would apply it fine then after u powered down was back as the months default one.

Chang21
December 29th, 2006, 16:34
fine with mine, i have OE-B also

jonezybaby
December 29th, 2006, 16:36
mines fine altho why used devhook wen ya have 3.02OE-b?

Sulfer
December 29th, 2006, 22:45
oops i posted a thread not seeing this one. yea it's a problem with devhook. I ran it to test something out because i couldn't get a program to work and it reboots into recovery and messes up your wallpapers. Mine doesn't save them either. Is there an easy fix or just recovery down to 1.5 then back to oe-a. If i need to downgrade again to completely fix can someone tell me how to downgrade from OE-B to 1.5.

EDIT: I fixed mine. Anyone else with the problem if you updated to OE-A using the easy installer then rerun that installer but click to install the recovery folder this time then just reboot ur psp into recovery holding-R then choose to the option to run the recovery folder.This will flash ur psp back to 1.5 then just install the OE-A updater from 1.5 and then OE-B and ur back!