PDA

View Full Version : Problem using new memory sticks.

IronX
December 29th, 2006, 15:00
Ok, I have this memory stick on which I have installed devhook, games and stuff on and everything works fine when I select ie photos, I can see the photos etc... but if I insert another stick containing the correct folders and stuff, I can't view the content on that stick.

I have even tried to copy the complete content from my first stick to my new one, but photos, games and stuff won't show up on the new one... it just says there are no games, photos etc....

Could it be that my firmware only accept the stick infomation/type from the stick that was in when the firmware was updated?

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 15:05
Have you tried formating the stick on the PSP

IronX
December 29th, 2006, 15:29
Of course I have :).

psp_sfdm
December 29th, 2006, 15:30
Is both your memory stick a brand name one or just a generic one?

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 15:36
Are they real sticks

IronX
December 29th, 2006, 15:40
My first memory stick was a 512mb Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo, everything worked there.

then I got a 2gb SanDisc Memory Stick PRO Duo and installed new firmware on this one. Then later when I was gonna use the first one again, it wouldn't want to read the things on it, it just says it's empty.

Now I have a 4gb Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo (MagicGate) and it wont read the info on it.... and I'm positive it will read the info on it if I upgrade the firmware or something like that, but then it won't read the info on my to earlier ones.

So it's not about the brand of the stick.... it's more like the psp only accept the card that was last inserted when the firware were changed, or something....

As I'm currently using the 2GB and it works, but the old 512mb and the new 4gb doesn't work could maybe be that it's not the exact same size and stuff.. donno...

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 16:00
I am not sure what it could be

gr42178
December 29th, 2006, 16:42
Sounds like a defective memory card. You may have to get a replacement. I was thinking about getting a new one, I have a 2GB. I want to get a 4GB. Which is better? The Sony one or the Sandisk one?

psp_sfdm
December 29th, 2006, 16:49
What version of devhook were you using on the memory stick? I'm guessing it could have something to do with the flash1 memory if you're using a devhook version greater than 0.46.

IronX
December 29th, 2006, 16:58
I don't think the cards are defective.

@psp sfdm: Yeah, I know something is making my psp only accept the card that was used during a certain installation, firmware or devhook... I'm using a new version than 0.46.

SketchPCIS
December 29th, 2006, 20:31
Hmm...I was wanting to get a 4gb mem card myself, as 1gb is sorta lacking for the new PSX on PSP developments...is this just a Devhook problem, or does it affect those using 3.02-OEb?

IronX
December 29th, 2006, 23:00
Arghh! :( :( :mad:

I bricked my psp! :(.

I couldn't get the stuff to work on my new 4gig memory stick so I downgraded to 1.5 and it worked perfectly, then I added some movies, homebrews, images etc and tried them... it all worked perfectly now.

Then I wanted to upgrade again.. so I used this tutorial to the letter: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46769

I made the dump, moved it to the 302oeflasher map and ran the updater.... pressed X and it began to update... then all of a sudden the screen goes blank and the psp shuts of.. when I turn it on.. nothing happens..... a black screen, the memory stick loader led thingy blinks 3 times and I hear a short sound from the psp (it's the cd).... and this repeats itself..... I can enter the recoverey menu pressing R when starting the psp (also from the black screen where it hangs), but it wont load the recovery stuff (when trying to load, it's the same thing again).... it's installed on it.. all the necessary files... I used the usb connect and it's all fine.. but it wont launch the recovery thingy..!!

any suggestions????

edit: and I can't send it to sony as I have modded it (opened it up and installed new colored buttons).

IronX
December 29th, 2006, 23:14
Not saying that there is anything wrong with the tutorial I used.... I guess I was just unlucky... I'm very careful when doing something like this and take my time.... I'm sure I did everything right.

jonezybaby
December 29th, 2006, 23:20
my 2GB card has begun playin up but thats only since using 3.02OE-B and the PSX games, the eboots keep corrupting and f***n up my stick, then it take ages 2 recognice it 2 format it again!!

SketchPCIS
December 31st, 2006, 11:40
So...has anyone confirmed or verified this? I'm going to be getting a 4gb card soon, and I want to make sure it will work alright

Chuthbert
December 31st, 2006, 11:58
my 2GB card has begun playin up but thats only since using 3.02OE-B and the PSX games, the eboots keep corrupting and f***n up my stick, then it take ages 2 recognice it 2 format it again!!
Same here with the 4GB stick I got for Christmas. It's extremely annoying and I can't load PSX games that have save games on them.

IronX
January 7th, 2007, 17:14
Now as my PSP is unbricked, I keep trying to get my 4gb to work, but it doesn't.

If I copy some pictures to the psp, all the icons shows as corrupted.

I copied 15 homebrew thingies and only 5 of them shows the correct icon and can be launched, the rest are corrupted.

When in USB mode, I have trouble removing the folders of the stuff I put on the ms, some can't even be read.... in some folders on my ms when viewing them with my PC are damaged, they doesn't show any content....

Seems like my PSP doesn't like my 4gb ms, or maybe just this card type Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo 4GB (Magic Gate). Only thing that works are music and video.

What could be the problem?, everything on the card worked when I had 1.5.

scottyboynow
January 7th, 2007, 17:59
Sounds like a defective memory card. You may have to get a replacement. I was thinking about getting a new one, I have a 2GB. I want to get a 4GB. Which is better? The Sony one or the Sandisk one?

Sandisk have been proven more reliable and faster so thats what you should go for.

scottyboynow
January 7th, 2007, 18:00
Oww and how did you unbrick you're PSP.

eatnooM
January 7th, 2007, 19:01
I recently acquired a 4GB Sandisk memory stick and I have to say it seems slower than my old Sony one (alright it was high speed). I have to wait a relatively long time before my free spece is displayed on the XMB, and load and transfer times seem to be slower. Has anyone else experienced said loading time for the XMB free space?

Apologies for hijacking the thread >.<

IronX
January 7th, 2007, 20:05
For me the memory sticks are slow if the are not formatted on the psp, but in windows.

So format the ms on the psp and the menus will load/display the content faster... did for me.

IronX
January 7th, 2007, 20:08
Oww and how did you unbrick you're PSP.

If you can get into the recovery mode, its possible to fix the brick...

Try this: http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads/brickfixer.exe

It should unbrick you if you get into the recovery mode of a firmware above 2.71SE.

Cloudy

SketchPCIS
January 7th, 2007, 21:57
So...has anyone gotten a 4gb card to work on 3.03-OEA or OEA2? I've got my eye on a san disk one (Better and cheaper than Sony's IMO) but I want to make sure it will work, and I'll be able to load my games up on it.

eatnooM
January 9th, 2007, 22:39
Oh, they work :)

Found out part of why my MS was so slow too, for some reason my cluster size was 4k >_<

xg917
January 9th, 2007, 23:29
:P well, im thinkin on gettin a 4gb soon, 2gb i doesnt seem enough for me, i mean its enough, but iono... its confusing. san disk is way better than sony