PDA

View Full Version : Dark_AleX PSX Emu - CDDA

M Dash
December 29th, 2006, 17:02
Anyone knows how to make the emulator play the CDDA of games?

The Memory Card light flashes, telling that the emulator is searching for the CDDA tracks, but they don't play, and THEY ARE there.

I've tried ISO, BIN and IMG. The CDDA simply doesn't play...

Anyone knows how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 17:13
Never heard of cdda

M Dash
December 29th, 2006, 17:19
CDDA are the Audio Tracks of a CD.

Some PSX games have various tracks.

Track 01 as DATA track (generally Mode2/2352)
Track 02 to xx as AUDIO track (these are the CDDA tracks. Music. Simple Audio Tracks.)

Has example, we have the games "Dragon Ball Z Legends" and "Tomb Raider" that use CDDA.

DBZ only uses CDDA sometimes, but as for Tomb Raider, mostly all the music of the game is CDDA format (Audio Tracks).

splodger15
December 29th, 2006, 17:36
Thanks for explaining it all to me

mikebeaver
December 29th, 2006, 17:46
The same is true with Ridge Racer, no in game music !!! Just will not work, best to use iso producer and rip the game without the audio tracks in it.

M Dash
December 29th, 2006, 17:56
The same is true with Ridge Racer, no in game music !!! Just will not work, best to use iso producer and rip the game without the audio tracks in it.

Don't have the minimal idea why they don't work.

Already tried everything in mind.

ISO, BIN and IMG files already tested and nothing.

Tried Mode1, Mode2, Level1, Level2 iso format and nothing.

I'm out of ideas how to make the CDDA work.

Even if yo make an entire CD image in any format, the tracks are there, but they don't play.

I think it's because they are missing the INDEX.

When you build one of these formats, generally they have a CUE file that indexes the location of the beginning of the tracks.

Without the cue, only the 1st track is read.

Maybe that's the problem? :\

SketchPCIS
December 29th, 2006, 21:22
Could be...but so far all the games I've tested have had their sound intact...so I dunno.

M Dash
December 30th, 2006, 01:03
Could be...but so far all the games I've tested have had their sound intact...so I dunno.

That's because the games you've tried don't use CDDA. They must use XA file format (Digital music) or even MIDI (like Dragon Ball Z Legends).

cawley1
December 30th, 2006, 01:26
My God! I was just about to post this exact problem with Ridge Racer - no fun racing without Rare Hero ;-)
I also ripped Tempest X3 and that does have music, but I think it is because there are a number of files with the extension .XA, all other games I have ripped or converted have music, but I concluded this was becuase there were not CDDA tracks on these.
If anyone figures this out, let me know - I guess it might need a hack to the emu and the files stored as MP3 as with the NeoGeo CD emulators???

M Dash
December 30th, 2006, 01:30
My God! I was just about to post this exact problem with Ridge Racer - no fun racing without Rare Hero ;-)
I also ripped Tempest X3 and that does have music, but I think it is because there are a number of files with the extension .XA, all other games I have ripped or converted have music, but I concluded this was becuase there were not CDDA tracks on these.
If anyone figures this out, let me know - I guess it might need a hack to the emu and the files stored as MP3 as with the NeoGeo CD emulators???

I was thinking also that Sony could have made the emulator in a way that simply put the tracks outside the eboot.pbp in a WAV/MP3 format...

I weard that Tekken 2 HAS CDDA. (Official Sony Release). If Tekken 2 HAS CDDA, and IT PLAYS, then we have to investigate the eboot.pbp from Sony and see about it.

Anyways, the emulator HAS to have CDDA support.
After all... Sony made it... And i'm not seeing they making the emulator without cdda support!