PDA

View Full Version : Wireless internet not working on homebrews [3.02 OE-B]?

churner36
December 30th, 2006, 08:12
i have just recently tried PSPradio and TVUplayer on my psp with the 3.02 OE-B firmware released by dark alex and it seems that the internet never seems to work.

my wireless connection is WEP encrypted,i have no problems with my internet browser,however this problems just tends to apply only to my homebrews.i have placed the homebrew in the correct folder (GAME150) and my network set-up is fine.can anyone help me on this?could it be the encryption on the network??

thanks in advance

mbr7
December 30th, 2006, 08:22
I got some kind of same problem i have the right settnings but after i have installed 3.02 OE a & b I haven't got it to connect to the connection but i can save the connection but not connect to it

churner36
December 30th, 2006, 08:26
my internet browser works but just seems like its the homebrews.....*sigh* experts pls help :(

SketchPCIS
December 30th, 2006, 11:09
*shrugs* I'd gladly give up internet on my PSP to be able to play PSX games...I haven't tried to re-do it since I put on 3.02-OEb, but even if it dosen't work, no big loss...the most I used it for was looking up FAQs on NES games I was playing at the time :P

churner36
December 30th, 2006, 11:37
sketchPCIS,my internet browser is fine,its just when im using homebrew which require wireless it doesnt work

gamerremag
December 30th, 2006, 15:02
sketchPCIS,my internet browser is fine,its just when im using homebrew which require wireless it doesnt work

i dont think he was relating what he was talking about to this topic. it was more of a "oh i wish"

churner36
December 30th, 2006, 15:17
so any solutions?

gamerremag
December 30th, 2006, 16:40
uh...why not put the homebrew in the gamexxx folder then go to 3.02 kernal....1.5 doesnt have internet....idont know anything else....just try it

vision
December 30th, 2006, 20:09
My nethost works fine with irshell ...

churner36
January 1st, 2007, 10:45
uh...why not put the homebrew in the gamexxx folder then go to 3.02 kernal....1.5 doesnt have internet....idont know anything else....just try it

um...sry but ima noobie,i placed the homebrews into a GAME150 folder created in the PSP folder and run on 3.02 OE-B firmware.sry again but kernal means?

can someone translate to noobie language please?thanks

splodger15
January 1st, 2007, 11:10
You shouldnt be using it if you dont know the in's and out's of the firmware

scottyboynow
January 1st, 2007, 11:59
In PSP Radio Go to Options and Then Select Connections, Then highlight the connection that you use then click Save Options. Should work after that.

F9zDark
January 1st, 2007, 17:49

I use only the 1.5 kernel and put all my games in GAME and everything works perfectly with the internet. 1.5 had support for wireless and some games for it were ad hoc, but homebrew internet games (like Quake) or the Links browser worked absolutely perfect on it.

Use the 1.5 kernel its your best bet.

churner36
January 2nd, 2007, 05:07
In PSP Radio Go to Options and Then Select Connections, Then highlight the connection that you use then click Save Options. Should work after that.

dude ...thats what i did and it didn't work...
2ndly,kernel = firmware?

ive tested using psp radio with a non encrypted network and it worked fine the TVUplayer for my psp didn't work.Does it mean that homebrews do not function with WEP encrypted networks?because i think that might be the main problem here.do any of you all experience the same problem with encrypted wireless networks?