PDA

View Full Version : PSP GUI PSX2PSP 0.6 (auto pal-ntsc convert etc)

gunntims0103
December 30th, 2006, 14:20
new release via KingSquitter (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40946
)

A little GUI for popstation that lets you change images, save id and title.

Place all the normal popstation files (BASE.PBP, KEYS.BIN and popstation.exe) in the "files" folder before use.

cygwin1.dll have to be in either c:\windows\system32 or in the "files" foler.

Don't have any other files than cygwin1.dll, BASE.PBP, KEYS.BIN and popstation.exe in the "files" folder.

since you need the files, there are no copyright infractions ENJOY!

v.0.6
* Fixed bug that made memory stick led flash to much.
* Added PAL 2 NTSC fix. (Based on info from CoNsOlEmOdDeR, thanx)
* PBP files can now be Previewed.
* Dont have to re-add all pictures when editing PBP files.
* PBP files are now 100% editable. All info in them, except the iso, can be changed.
* Can automatically add pictures based on Game id. Add pictures in Pics folder. (Check readme for some more info)
* Can use bigger pictures and sound files, in bytes, then files converted with only popstation.exe.

/KingSquitter

http://www.squitterdev.com/fileShare/files/Popstation_GUI_v6.JPG

download and give feedback via comment

Gold Line
December 30th, 2006, 15:01
all you need for your ps1 games yay:thumbup:

sony.1991
December 30th, 2006, 15:04
COOL, thanx dude. I was getting sick of suffing up my ISO's by doing it the old fashioned way.

gamerremag
December 30th, 2006, 15:07
where can you get the base (hot shots 2 i know) file? and well, the document and keys file, too

Harshboy
December 30th, 2006, 15:11
Thats illegal to talk about, so I can't help ya, anyway this is awesome:D

gamerremag
December 30th, 2006, 15:12
well everyone got them somewhere, right?

gunntims0103
December 30th, 2006, 15:15
well everyone got them somewhere, right?

buy a ps3, go on the ps1 shop store feature and buy it from there.......

This is great news!

Accordion
December 30th, 2006, 15:17
hopefully this one will work...
all the older versions have unknown errors...ive been using popfront because of that [which is great but requires everything in the original popstation folder]
it looks good though

S34MU5
December 30th, 2006, 15:50
can someone go on msn ([email protected]) and send me the files?

I cant that thing you said accordian boy? popfont?

gamerremag
December 30th, 2006, 16:06
buy a ps3, go on the ps1 shop store feature and buy it from there.......

This is great news!

everyone on this site that has 3.02oe-b has a ps3? except for me? wow i thought i read that they didnt get shipped to europe. everyone in here must love paying around a 1000 usd for a ps3 and importing!

yeah, someone send me the files

gunntims0103
December 30th, 2006, 16:23
everyone on this site that has 3.02oe-b has a ps3? except for me? wow i thought i read that they didnt get shipped to europe. everyone in here must love paying around a 1000 usd for a ps3 and importing!

no, what im saying is that you dont know where to find hotshot golf2 online. so you would have to buy it via the ps3 because else where would be piracy........

Of course i don't have a ps3, but i know where to go to find hotshotgolf 2. I cannot send files as that will go against forums policy. So don't ask!

galgor
December 30th, 2006, 16:23
well this successfully broke like 4 of my games.

turned two of them into 2gb files, and the others into files of about 300kb.

S34MU5
December 30th, 2006, 16:26
"broke" them?

so you obviously dont know how to use it.

galgor
December 30th, 2006, 16:28
the previous versions worked alright.

& i read the readme.

Nikolaos
December 30th, 2006, 16:34
very nice, how does the converting from pal work people ? nicely ? if so cheers ^^

S34MU5
December 30th, 2006, 16:36
I use Zapper for converting to ntsc

galgor
December 30th, 2006, 16:43
So we have to make the output eboot to be in a different directory every time?
/its not possible to just edit the file?

Tomppa
December 30th, 2006, 16:58
First GUI I found useful. Thanks

damienarcangel
December 30th, 2006, 17:19
Is there a way to change the name of an ISO from Eboot.pbp so I can put more than one PSX game on my PSP, like say I wanna play FFVII and want all 3 disks on my 4 gig card, plus a few more games, is there a way to have all the games on my card at the same time or am I missing something?

Psyberjock
December 30th, 2006, 17:40
Is there a way to change the name of an ISO from Eboot.pbp so I can put more than one PSX game on my PSP, like say I wanna play FFVII and want all 3 disks on my 4 gig card, plus a few more games, is there a way to have all the games on my card at the same time or am I missing something?

put the eboots in different folders. Name the folder the same as the title of the game and put them in your game directory.

Veskgar
December 30th, 2006, 18:07
well this successfully broke like 4 of my games

IS anyone else having similar problems? I used the last release and it worked great. Certain parts of the game make the memory card flash but that should be normal. Its not a constant flashing like some people have reported.

But anyway, way to go. This is fast becoming the best all-in-one GUI converter for PSX games.

I would just like to request a feature that lets us open and quickly modify already created EBOOT files without having to reconvert the game all over again.

Also, I also agree that people need to stop asking for the Hot Shots Golf 2 files that are the proprietary property of SONY. Plus the files are too big to just be "Emailed" to someone. SONY is probably already foaming at the mouth that homebrew users can now convert their own games without having to pay for them all over again.

Iceman8674
December 30th, 2006, 18:07

Not everyone has a PS3 but they found the files on there own which is what your gonna have to do.

NightRaven
December 30th, 2006, 18:16
Loving how it automatically puts the game id and such in there for ya. Hated having to constantly look up individual games. And the way zapper does it kinda a pain so lovin the auto ntsc converter too!:eek: :thumbup:

Vega
December 30th, 2006, 18:18
Damn it ... for the last time :

HOT SHOTS 2 is available at PS3 STORE!
And if you cant get it there, you either cant enjoy ps1 emulation or you are breaking the law!

END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes.. nice release! Though I believe I'll stick to Smiths GUI . Does everything I want to , so no need for change .

Good release never the less!!! :D

SteveV2
December 30th, 2006, 18:24
Just tried a pal game, Bust a Move 2.

It all converted ok, moved it too my MS. The screen is now in the center but if I go into options the screen is messed up. If I go into the game it freezes at the 'now loading' screen :(

Pal to ntsc was ticked and everything was in the right folders....

Ci5tm Konfliqt
December 30th, 2006, 18:30
Great Work thanks !!!

qskint
December 30th, 2006, 18:32
brilliant release, converted and playing gran turismo 2 and final fantasy tactics!! man psp just gets better and better

moaly17
December 30th, 2006, 18:50
Hello!!!

When i try to convert my iso i always get an error!!
(an unknown error occured)

Can anybody help me???

Sharkey
December 30th, 2006, 18:54
I use Zapper for converting to ntsc

I did and the screen size is still fudged up, way too low so when I use full screen the bottom gets cut off. None of the PAL to NTSC converters I have tried fix the screen. Will this one?

thefanaticgamer
December 30th, 2006, 19:21
no matter what i do everytime i try to change the disk id or the game save it wont run on my psp

i can get pics, and title but not games saves

iv tried everythig doesanybod have a method that works really well? i mean iv hexed and all that too just cant figure it out :'(

Kvonx
December 30th, 2006, 19:29
this iz awesome ima try it cuz i have alot of pal

gamerremag
December 30th, 2006, 19:52
no, what im saying is that you dont know where to find hotshot golf2 online. so you would have to buy it via the ps3 because else where would be piracy........

Of course i don't have a ps3, but i know where to go to find hotshotgolf 2. I cannot send files as that will go against forums policy. So don't ask!

just saying...but since you didnt pay for them....thats piracy which is also against policy, right? just because you know where to look makes it ok?

hi_mahou
December 30th, 2006, 19:55
so has anyone tried this with there pal games? i want to know how it went. i tried a few before thiss but deleted them after the of center thing. If this works i'll start again.

Kvonx
December 30th, 2006, 19:58
works, flawlessly...except for the glitches the pals games had but they r minor

TacticalBread
December 30th, 2006, 20:00
Yay! I've got few PAL games, that glitched in the emulator.

Awesome news :D

hi_mahou
December 30th, 2006, 20:20
thats brilliant to hear, all the glitches i had was minor. it was just the viewing window that was killing me. kula world and micro machines v3 here i come

Vega
December 30th, 2006, 20:33
just saying...but since you didnt pay for them....thats piracy which is also against policy, right? just because you know where to look makes it ok?

Of course not, its still piracy, but what people do when away from these forums is their own buisness. Aslong as it isnt discussed here and links aren't posted, and what you do HERE stays to the rules, then knock yourself out and do what you want.

By the way man, theres this awesome website that assists in not only your problem, but every online problem you may have..... google!

Abgoj
December 30th, 2006, 20:46
well said vega

Digital.Mako45
December 30th, 2006, 20:59
indeed

sok98
December 30th, 2006, 21:32
my pals are still messed up when i play them after i convert them..:confused: When its done doing everything it says Done. Did not find any code in iso to patch. but the screen is messed up how am i suppsoed to fix it!!

XxunknowxX
December 30th, 2006, 21:49
Great release but WTF is this i been usin the older version of PSX2PSP and it already included the Hot shot golf 2 keys in it so y is this one not havin it im goin to try this out

gamerremag

you are obiusly dumb you know no one is goin to hlp u here in this site because no one(except you) wants to get ban there so many great things out there where u can get all the stuff i never bother to look because older versions of psx2psp didnt need it or needed to be in the popstation folder try usin a different version.

whitey75
December 30th, 2006, 21:55
Awesome release!

This is the solution that all us PAL users were waiting for! No more screen misalignment!

Now I gotta get converting again. Best App released on psp since popstation was released.

Great work. It even fixes the saved game issues, and icon problems.

Cheers mate!

sok98
December 30th, 2006, 21:55
^^
off topic but whats the point of three 1.5 psps lol... like it'd probasbly smart to have like one 1.5 one 3.02 oe b and one 1.0... or something so u can have the benefits of everything

alucard001
December 30th, 2006, 21:57
um... what good ps1 games are there, they're arent a lot of good ones

whitey75
December 30th, 2006, 21:58
Not sure if it has something to do with this program, but just checked my saved game of MOH and noticed I have hundreds of corrupted saved game data files. Is this a know thing with popstation or this program?

Cheers

XxunknowxX
December 30th, 2006, 21:59
^^
off topic but whats the point of three 1.5 psps lol... like it'd probasbly smart to have like one 1.5 one 3.02 oe b and one 1.0... or something so u can have the benefits of everything

yea thats what i got

1-3.02OE-B
2-1.50 wit hDevhook .46
3-1.50 with devhook .52

dj2005
December 30th, 2006, 22:19
Awesome, he fixed the memory stick light.

sok98
December 30th, 2006, 22:24
ooo kk u shud probably update your sig then :)

chrono75
December 30th, 2006, 22:26
Man, I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do all of this. Excellent! A job well done!!

Also, for all you people that still have 1.5 I have to say something. I downgraded to 1.5 twice and never updated it and would not have to save my life :) However, if you want an amazing PSP experiece, i.e. Playing ISO back-ups and playing your own PSX to PSP games, I think updating to 3.02 OE-B Custom Firmware was the best thing that ever happened to my PSP. All of my SNES games work just as they did with firmware 1.5 and so do all of my GBA games and believe me, those two e,mulators was the only reason I didn't, and won't sell my PSP. Now with this new custom firmware, I think my PSP is going to be cherished for as long as I can cherish it. I strongly suggest it as a person who was afraid to upgrade from 1.5 for a very long time. There are just so many awesome things going for the custom 3.01!

Here are some greats PSX games that work wonderfully on the PSP: (Even though, all games work well/perfectly, here are the ones I think fit the PSP the best that I have tried,).

Castlevania - Symphony of the Night
Legend of Mana
Chrono Cross
Parrapa the Rapper

I've tried so many and they all work so great. But if you're looking for a great PSX to PSP game, these are the ones I like the best.

opiate81
December 30th, 2006, 23:11
Finally Ive been trying to get people to notice this for days
Ive been using since 0.2 and have had no problems
its a great app

if the screen fix for pal games doesnt work then use zapper2k and convert to ntsc then back to pal and then back to ntsc one more time
that fixed a few of my games.. except FF9

sok98
December 31st, 2006, 00:06
can u give me a link to zapper2k... a link that isnt google lol.

opiate81
December 31st, 2006, 00:16
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47237

I posted it there a few days back.. just dont use the gui thats there as well coz its old

Veskgar
December 31st, 2006, 00:17
I'm also off-topic. Sorry!

Eventually downgraders may not be possible so it is a wise investment to get a 2nd/3rd PSP to downgrade it. Also, nothing lasts forever. What if you only have 1 homebrew PSP and someday it breaks. Then you go to the store only to find non-downgradable TA-086 MOBO's or something.

That is why I will be getting at least 1 more PSP. I just hope to find a downgradable 2.71 still in stores somewhere.

Oh, and I also agree that 3.02 OE-B is well worth the upgrade. Even for die-hard 1.50 users who swore never to upgrade. I was one of those. But perfect PSX emulation is just too good to ignore. Not to mention the many other features of OE-B.

I really hope that a nice EBOOT compression method could be created someday. One that does not cause the game to lose performance. Everyone should try 3.02 OE-B and tell their friends/family about it.

sok98
December 31st, 2006, 01:05
Alright thanks for the link its scanning now.

XxunknowxX
December 31st, 2006, 01:07
^^^
I couldnt do quote reply but for topic on top

the game was rip from the CD is still a PAL no matter what just use the converter to make a NTSC
even if u rip it or downloaded it is still the same thing

XxunknowxX
December 31st, 2006, 01:14
Ok i just got the change to try this and by the looks of it is great really worth but i also saw that you really do need Hot Shot Golf 2 so i guess i gotta get it never though i would i hope is a good game and not a waste to download but this application is good because it gives you the game ID so im guessin no more save game problems? can someone answer that for me please

sok98
December 31st, 2006, 02:07
haha finally, i got the zap thing to work and its perfect now :D thankss

gotmilk0112
December 31st, 2006, 16:32
can i like, turn an ISO of a ps1 game into a PBP for use on 1.50?

thefanaticgamer
December 31st, 2006, 18:42
no this is for 3.02 OE-B

Hey evertime i conver i get a 80000004 error when i go to run the game on my psp....

when i just convert it normally without vhanging the save file name or disc id it worlks right.... i can change the title and pics but cant figure out how to change the saves... can somone help? am i doing sumtin wrong?

the game im doing is finally fantasy tactics and the iso is fine cuz i re-ripped it over and over and it works as an img but and when i convert but not when i convert and change the save stuff/....

Veskgar
December 31st, 2006, 23:14
the game im doing is finally fantasy tactics and the iso is fine cuz i re-ripped it over and over and it works as an img but and when i convert but not when i convert and change the save stuff/....

For FF Tactics use CloneCD to read IMG as a GAME CD. This will make an IMAGE that you can convert and it should work perfect.

New version of this program is released on MaXconsole. 0.6.2 for anyone who wants to know.

saint24
January 1st, 2007, 10:02
how come with popstation and zapper an stuff i can convert an iso ripped with ultraiso but when i use this psx2psp v.06 it keeps saying eboot doesnt contain an iso? if someone can help it would be great, all i want to do is put icon an backgrounds to final fantasy 7 cds:confused:

blackrave
January 1st, 2007, 15:00
This application is just what I was waiting for! S34MUS told me about Zapper or whatever it's called, but I didn't try it, and now I don't have to, and this app includes all the other neccessary things like names and new pics and icons.

Many thanks to you, KingSquitter! :)

chrono75
January 3rd, 2007, 04:43
Yeah... I ruined my Castlevania SOTN .PBP by not copying it and this program made it 2GB... lol. It's okay, I got it working great now! Good work!

Ultraballon
September 21st, 2015, 22:30
Thanks bro