PDA

View Full Version : Just some question's from a Newbie.

dafe1er
December 30th, 2006, 15:03
OK, I'm a noob to this psp thing, I was wondering if someone can help me with a few thing's???

is there a lingo section so I can learn your sites lingo?

what programs/ software would be the best for me to use??

where can I find a how to sticky to do anything to the software/ programs that someone will help me with?

I'm just looking to play some games, change the strat up menu, and do some customizing to this system, I already know how to dump movies and music to it, but not the games.

I have checked the back of the motherboard and don't see the bad board I've been reading about, I have v2.61 software on it, and it was an Xmas gift this year and was bought at best buy. if you guy's need more info, please let me know. I have been testing other no-related product's and found it easy to fix, but this psp seems it will be a little harder to get into. sorry for being a noob, but I've got to start somewhere right. thanks for all your help.

Have a happy new year.........
:thumbup:
Dafe.

pt9087
December 30th, 2006, 15:11
What exactly do u want to know.
pm me

splodger15
December 30th, 2006, 16:14
There is no such thing as a 2.61 firmware

pt9087
December 30th, 2006, 16:40
i think he means 2.71.

dejkirkby
December 30th, 2006, 16:47
More likely 2.81, if bought from Best Buy.

ExcruciationX
December 30th, 2006, 18:49
You may PM me, or someone else for help.

dafe1er
December 30th, 2006, 21:19
Thank you all for responding.

the first thing I'm looking to learn is, what do i need to be able to d/l and play games. ( by games i mean it could be psp only, or ps1,or even if able to x360 games, but mainly just psp for now)

what do i need to make my start up screen different ( ie, a custom start up with my own music, saying's, and so on)

if I need to downgrade, or upgrade my software
just some basic stuff like that.
and any other cool thing's you guy's/gal's think I need to know.

I've been doing some reading, and really can't catch up with the lingo on this site as of yet but I'm working on that so sorry if these next few post I make are to vain.

I looked up my software and it is v 2.60

now keep in mind that I'm new and will be reading only before trying anything first so i don't brick my unit. so any and all info will be great. as for Pm's, I will keep in mind for the future but will wait until really necessary so I don't burn up my help all at once.

thank you all again,

Dafe.

splodger15
December 30th, 2006, 21:24
We need to know if you have a TA-082 motherboard CHECK HERE (http://www.modchipstore.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=164)

dafe1er
December 30th, 2006, 21:51
We need to know if you have a TA-082 motherboard CHECK HERE (http://www.modchipstore.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=164)

oops forgot to say I don't it shows a Tc/or Ic 1003 sorry my eyes are not like they use to be.

Dafe.

splodger15
December 30th, 2006, 21:59
Then i would update to 2.71 then downgrade to 1.5 to update create a folder called UPDATE in the GAME folder like so.X is your drive letter

X://PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Once it has updated format your memory stick then install the downgrader

HERE IS THE 2.71 EBOOT (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/525)

HERE IS THE 2.71 EASY DOWNGRADER (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/755)

dafe1er
December 30th, 2006, 23:44
Thank you very much sir, I will be trying this tomorrow during the bears game and if I need any help, I will post here, or pm you thank you again.

Dafe.:D

AvengedSevenfold Fan
January 1st, 2007, 01:34
wait.....did u say that u do have a IC 003 motherboard? because if you, u need a different downgrader. post, and ill give u a link to that downgrader if u do have one of those motherboards. (also known as a TA-082 mobo, or a cursed mobo)

dafe1er
January 1st, 2007, 03:56
Yes I do have a Ic1003 motherboard it is the black model psp that was bought at best buy

Dafe.

Foxmc_loud
January 1st, 2007, 10:00
Yes I do have a Ic1003 motherboard it is the black model psp that was bought at best buy

Dafe.

Then if you do downgrade your psp is messed up

splodger15
January 1st, 2007, 10:14
Depends what firmware it is if it is a 2.71 TA-082 you can downgrade.But if it is a 2.80 TA-082 Dark Alex is meant to be working on one for that

dafe1er
January 1st, 2007, 15:48
Depends what firmware it is if it is a 2.71 TA-082 you can downgrade.But if it is a 2.80 TA-082 Dark Alex is meant to be working on one for that

OK, then like I said I have v2.6.

I tried to hook into my wireless router, and have been having trouble connecting( I'm getting a DNS error 80410418), but will work with that today, but after doing the above, I had notice that there was a 2.71 update, and never touched it and now it is gone. still showing the v2.6 so what am I to do????

Dafe.

dejkirkby
January 1st, 2007, 15:53
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47220
This is the thread for the TA-082 downgrader.
You need to uprade to 2.71 and run HEN D.
This thread will explain it all.
Good luck and let us know what happens.

dafe1er
January 1st, 2007, 16:01
OK, thank you for your help, I was just wondering if I brick my unit what will I be able to do as for returning it to best buy it is less than 30 days. or is there a way to unbrick them???

I will read, read, and re-read before trying this one so thank you again.

And thanks to psp_iz_my_system for catching that even though it does not say TA-082 on the board that it was a same type of board.....

Dafe.

dejkirkby
January 1st, 2007, 16:03
If you still have a reciept, just take it back and say the battery came out during a Official Sony update.

dafe1er
January 1st, 2007, 16:25
If you still have a reciept, just take it back and say the battery came out during a Official Sony update.

;) , thank you.

now after I do the steps you have mention what would be the next step to get games and such and also will this allow me to change my start-up screen and such??

Dafe.

dejkirkby
January 1st, 2007, 16:29
You can get all the homebrew you need at psp-news.dcemu.co.uk in the bar down the left hand side.
To change the Cintro you need kando and Team FWI's Cintro modifier. To change anything else flash related, such as sounds, labels and gameboot use X-Flash v18f, or which ever is the latest version.

dafe1er
January 1st, 2007, 18:04
OK, will be playing with these in a little while if I need assistance, can I pm u??? if so then thank you again. and again the lingo is just killing me but will be learning that also.

Dafe.

dafe1er
January 1st, 2007, 20:13
OK, I just got done setting the Internet up on the system, and it told me it had a new update. so I downloaded it to the card, and it is v. 3.03 I have not installed, because I wanted to see what you all had to say... so please fill me in.:eek:

Thank you.

Dafe.

splodger15
January 1st, 2007, 20:46
Do not update to 3.03.You will lose ALL compatibility of homebrew and a downgrader is very very small.Chance of it happening

dafe1er
January 2nd, 2007, 20:41
OK, I have tried the following with the help of splodger15.

I have upgraded from v2.6 to v 2.71 downloaded all the files needed to convert the psp:

eboot 1.50
hen d
and the ta082 downgrader

I had followed splodger15 guide, and this is what happens:

I put all the files where they are to go, disconnect form the computer, go to photo/hen d then try to run hen d, and got a message saying that there is no image's ( but I see the image's before starting) tried to exit and had to disconnect the battery. restarted and tried again, tried to run the rand file and it just freezes and does nothing, disconnect the battery again, and done that a few times, and nothing.

I even tried to open the ta082 downgrader and got a error message.
And I tried to open the x.yx update and got the same message. so for now, I'm going to just wait to see what you guys/gals have to say about this........Thank's to splodger15 he has by far been the best in trying to help me out so far, and that is why I voted for him last month....:thumbup:

Dafe.

dafe1er
January 3rd, 2007, 21:38
well, I still have nothing going on here tried four times today and still nothing.. any suggestion's please let me know..
Thank you.

Dafe.

dafe1er
January 8th, 2007, 10:48
well, I'm still having problems, and have not heard from anyone on some Ideas, so I thought I'd wake some of you up..........I keep trying the same thing over and over, and still the same problems as above. 5 days and nothing so please someone give me some help...

Thank you,

Dafe.

xg917
January 8th, 2007, 20:39
try contacting me through MSN or AIM. ive helped like 5 people downgrade to 1.50 and upgrade to 3.03 OE-A

dafe1er
January 24th, 2007, 11:56
well, I'm sure I'll get a email from some little "kid" that is a mod here, but **** it. why would the mods waste their time emailing me about a double posting, instead of trying to help me ( or anyone) with the question's we post. I have to say that this site is very poor for help ( I will give it up to splodger15 he did take the time to help up to the point I had the problems above) I've been testing other thing's for years, and have never had to wait this long for help. then this little "kid" " a Mod" thinks he is doing something by telling me not to double post. what ever JACKASS. go to school where you belong and try to get an education that our tax dollars pay for. so because of this I'm not really worried about cracking the PSP anymore, and wanted to say thank you too all who did post a reply in my thread, and berg off to the "kid" mod that thought he was the tough guy telling me how to post and what to do. I'm a adult and you really need to think before speaking to adults.JACKASS

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY THEN TOUGH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and that you can quote me on!!!

Dafe.