PDA

View Full Version : Cw Cheat 0.1.6 Rev.e 3.02 Oe/pops

splodger15
December 30th, 2006, 22:39
Weltall has informed us that he's back with another revision of CWCHEAT called CWCHEAT 0.1.6 Rev. E for 3.02OE/POPS. The name's still long, but that doesn't matter because in this version, you can finally load the memory cards from your PSX and PS2 emulators onto your PSPs.

According to weltall, these mem cards are stored and loaded in the ePSXe format. This means that you can load them directly using the best emulators out now (ePSXe, pSX) or convert them using any decent mem card management tool.

You can also use tools such as DexDrive to extract your saved games from your PSX memory cards or extract the single saves and put them in the ps2 with applications like ulanchelf. To do the latter, weltall says that you need to use psxmemtool to "extract the mc as ps1 remove the 0x80 header so it starts with SC and put the name you see in the header as the file name."

CWCHEAT can store up to 256 memory cards per game. They are identified using GAMEID-MEMCARDNUM.mcr. Here's an example from weltall: "for the first memory card of Xenogears which has id SLUS_00664 it will be SLUS_00664-0.mcr." These memory cards will be stored in /seplugins/cwcheat/mc and can be easily loaded to slot 1 or 2 by selecting the corresponding option.

Here's the changelog for CWCHEAT 0.1.6 Rev. E for 3.02OE/POPS:

fixed a little thing which for some game could make cwcheat not loading the id correctly

fixed the directory were the db is saved from the cwcheat interface now it's saved in the correct folder
new folder "mc" under /seplugins/cwcheat/

fixed some reported things here and there

BUILTIN SUPPORT to loading/saving epsxe (mcr) memory card to/from the psp emulator!!!

in this way you can load your own game saves from pc or psx/ps2 on the psp and vice versa! :)

but also go over problematic points in games.

penileartery
December 30th, 2006, 23:04
this is cool. trying now.

Jonesyxxiv
December 30th, 2006, 23:12
where can I get the cheat DB for the PS1 games. before there was a program that would download the latest one for you, but they dont do this any more.

hack.fool
December 30th, 2006, 23:18
Yeaaaaah now I can use my savedata without change the game code!!!!GrEatT!!

penileartery
December 30th, 2006, 23:59
i dont see anything on the cheat selection screen, someone should pm me with their stuff maybe im doing it wrong?

Datahax
December 31st, 2006, 00:31
Nice to know that the saves are in epsxe format.

So, in theory, if playing a game that required a disc swap before saving, I could save somewhere previous to the "load disc" area, load the game in epsxe with the memory card from the PSP, do the disc swap, save, pop it and the next disc onto my PSP and I'm good to go?

wolfpack
December 31st, 2006, 00:37
nice add, this one will go good in my collection

pt9087
December 31st, 2006, 00:53
I Like It

ryan2006
December 31st, 2006, 01:12
kool now i can get by the freeze point in re2 thanks :D

TacticalBread
December 31st, 2006, 01:20
Does this one actually work? I couldn't get anywhere with the last one, it just froze as soon as I enabled cheats.

sfaok
December 31st, 2006, 02:42
Fantastic! The new memory card options work great. Managed to transfer my old new game+ for Parasite Eve onto the PSP and works great. I guess this means multi-disc games aren't an issue now. Which means a truely portable and hopefully a completable Xenogears.

I don't know why I'm always surprised by the advancements made by people in the scene. Its like a never-ending relay race in which there always someone to pick up the baton and take it one step further.

Weltall, I tip my hat to you. I just love the fact that save games are now interchangable between my ps2 and psp.

I wonder if its possible to hack the emu screen display so it displays full screen on those games with the borders.

Snoppydude
December 31st, 2006, 03:41
Cant get it to work at all. I did install the custom intro movie....would that have anything to do with it?

Also, this is the first version of this program that I've installed.

Ok it works...but everytime I lead a memory card I get my original memory card...

Got it. The original SaveData will update when you save but you have to load whichever memory card your trying to use first. Then when you save in-game, you update your Cheatdevice memory card with the option in the GUI.

Took me a while to figure that out.

ugly dude
December 31st, 2006, 23:38
Please help, I'm trying it on Final Fantasy 9, I can't seem to get this working, I have installed the program, the menu come up when hold down SELECT. However the cheat does not come up.

The Game: ID: SLUS_01295

And here is a example of the cheat on my Database

_S SLUS_01259
_G FF9CD2
_CO Max Trance Bar Dagger (Garnet):
_L 3008BBCC 00FF
_CO Character in slot 1 always in Trance:
_L D01044B8 0100
_L 80108F38 4000
_L D01044B8 0100
_L 80108F74 21FF

But the game and cheats still doesn't come on the cheat menu. Please help. Many thanks

Sorry, never mind, by typing it up, I realise what I did wrong.

Camelot
January 1st, 2007, 02:03
Was the problem that always used to make games like FTB2 freeze ever fixed?

orkus
January 1st, 2007, 13:31
yes! the only thing that's missing now is savestate support, that would be fantastic...
thanks!

g00gy
January 3rd, 2007, 03:41
So does this let you run PSX games at diffrent clockspeeds? becuase ive been trying to get this program to work for an hour now. it installs to the Devhook files so how is that 3.02OE compatibile

got it to work just press select twice