PDA

View Full Version : Ten Reasons why the PSP will Rock in 2007

wraggster
December 31st, 2006, 14:49
Pocketgamer (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/Sony+PSP/feature.asp?c=2070) have put up a list of why the PSP will rock in 2007, heres the summarised top 10:

1) New PSP
2) New Peripherals
3) EU PS3 Release
4) Price Drop
5) Downloadable video content
6) Gran Turismo Mobile
7) Technical Improvements
8) MGS Portable Ops
9) Nintendogs and co
10) Sony refocus

Agree or disagree, share your views via Comments

doverkiller
December 31st, 2006, 14:54
Sony refocus.. lol.. refocus on Nintendogs and co.. :rofl:

11) eternal life +10 years and free beer for everyone, right? :D

SigmatiC
December 31st, 2006, 15:07
If they release Gran Turismo 4 Mobile in 2007 I'll run naked down the store and buy it..
Yeah right.. Like that's gonna happen

Skateblind
December 31st, 2006, 15:12
what an informative list, not!

JKKDARK
December 31st, 2006, 15:20
I would like to see a Phantasy Star game, then the PSP will rock ;)

alamosh
December 31st, 2006, 15:22
MGS:PO? That's so 2006!

The only note worthy thing on the list would be the redesigned PSP... Gran Turismo Mobile? Not on 2007, if at all (I hope I'm wrong)...

adamos22
December 31st, 2006, 15:26
one reason why psp will rock in 2007

PSX emulator created by SONY JAPAN and modded by dark_alex that`s why :D

sappo
December 31st, 2006, 15:30
All things said are not real.

1) New PSP - I don't think that a Slim PSP would change things. What sucks on PSP are games, not the PSP.
2) New Peripherals - Yeah, like the ub3r-useful 1.3 Camera.
3) EU PS3 Release - Wow, PS3 is failing in JAP and USA, what's good on PS3 EU Release?
4) Price Drop - PSP already dropped prices, with no results.
5) Downloadable video content - Everyone already does it, that's not a new thing.
6) Gran Turismo Mobile - We will see it in 2008.
7) Technical Improvements - What? Sony said Hardware will be not changed. What technical Improvements could happen?
8) MGS Portable Ops - Yeah, that's a good game. But a good game on 200 bad games doesn't save a handheld.
9) Nintendogs and co - What the hell this means?
10) Sony refocus - That's a big laughter xD

one reason why psp will rock in 2007

PSX emulator created by SONY JAPAN and modded by dark_alex that`s why :D

He is right! That list should have be done from him ;)

Oh, a little thing before fanboys attack me: I have a PSP, a PS2, a PSTwo, and if people at Sony wouldn't have gone mad, I would have bought a PS3 as well.

jwilds73
December 31st, 2006, 15:44
1) New PSP (Finally they will release a PSP with the features it should have had to begin with?!)

2) New Peripherals (I'm hoping for a fiber optic attachment for the camera so I can check my own colon with my PSP and save going to the doctor) :rofl:

3) EU PS3 Release (It was a stroke of genius to kill Lik-Sang and turn many customers off toward Sony. I hope many EU gamers are having fun with the Wii and will stay away from Sony.)

4) Price Drop (Well with the release of the "What the PSP should have been in the first place PSP" They are going to have to clear out the feature barren units.)

5) Downloadable video content (awesome now I can pay twice for movies I already own and I have to own a PS3 to do it! And I can't download them and directly store the movies on my computer or PS3's HD I must copy them directly to the memory stick via PSP to PS3 hookup.)

6) Gran Turismo Mobile (Can I have some of what your smoking? Vaporware? This should have been a launch title.)

7) Technical Improvements (Woohoo new firmware to prevent me from enjoying my PSP! And more features removed to make way for security updates.)

8) MGS Portable Ops (This will rock unless it's some lame card game.)

9) Nintendogs and co (I think Sony spends enough time sniffing each others rears already)

10) Sony refocus (Hard to focus with your head in your own hindquarters. Arrogance will be their downfall. They should atleast do the honorable thing and commit Seppeku.)

dejkirkby
December 31st, 2006, 15:52
8) MGS Portable Ops. Any european user who waits for the EU release of this must be simple. You can get this on eBay UK for a lot less than the RRP.

IamAbe
December 31st, 2006, 16:13
ummm, RATCHET AND CLANK ?!?....

Vega
December 31st, 2006, 16:16
WTF does Nintendogs and co mean ????

pubudu
December 31st, 2006, 16:16
"one reason why psp will rock in 2007

PSX emulator created by SONY JAPAN and modded by dark_alex that`s why "

so true
lol
but waiiit

NEW PSP???
whats that mean

whats gonna be new with it?

Skateblind
December 31st, 2006, 16:22
Guys, who ever composed this list is just as stupid as the person who composed that worst ever games list on MSN.

Nintendogs?, isn't that a DS game?

gotmilk0112
December 31st, 2006, 16:30
nintendogs and co.

THATS NINTENDO RETARDS :p unless sony wants to buy the nintendogs license and call it: sonogs :eek:

and yes MGS portable ops is 1 good game on like 150 bad games.

lforster
December 31st, 2006, 16:40
Perhaps you should read the article, it does clarify the Nintendogs etc.

Psyberjock
December 31st, 2006, 17:22
You guys totally beat me to the punch. Pocketgamer must be run by a bunch of naive retards. Apparently they believe everything they hear. Hey Pocketgamer guys (I hope there's no girls that dumb), I heard you all got canned this morning. You should break everything in your office to get back at your boss.

I can't wait for them to do it.

Dumb fvcks.

Basil Zero
December 31st, 2006, 18:17
I disagree with sappo alot:

1) New PSP--Slim psp would attract more people into buying it, perhaps some stuff will be added like hd.
2) New Peripherals--i'm pretty sure whatever comes out of this will be good, all the noobs say its bad now, but they'll be the first to buy it lol
3) EU PS3 Release--PS3 is doing well in japan and us for a system with low amount of units, if it had more, it would sell more
4) Price Drop--psp had drop price with results, more people are buying the psps with the extra content they are recieving with it
5) Downloadable video content--well with the ps3 it may be a new thing, but overall its something thats been done for about the last two years
6) Gran Turismo Mobile--this will come out and i am confident it wont be as same as GT4, but it will be a totally different GT game.
7) Technical Improvements--with new hardware(PSPX), i'm sure there would be different improvements
8) MGS Portable Ops--this will sell out in EU, psp has alot of good games, and this i would have to say makes it to the top 10 psp games list
9) Nintendogs and co--(?), does this mean Nintendogs is coming out on psp? or will it have a competition?
10) Sony refocus--This i see the most to happen, I expect 2007 to be a good year for PSP and PS3, just like it was for PS1 back in 1997

SSaxdude
December 31st, 2006, 19:02
2006 was supposed to have better PSP games, I hope 2007 has better games. A new PSP might be interesting, but it will not be hackable for a while I bet. A new PSP might mean the prices of the original would decline, which would be good.

JKKDARK
December 31st, 2006, 19:25
NEW PSP???
whats that mean

whats gonna be new with it?

I hope something worst. I don't want to buy another PSP <_<

moogster66
December 31st, 2006, 19:49
My Number One Reason The Psp Will Rock In 2007: Dark Alex! Nuff Said!

Shrygue
December 31st, 2006, 19:59
The price drop ought to happen: £50 off the price tag would be good!

myers112
December 31st, 2006, 20:18
Nintendogs and co ? WTF ? Oh yeah i get it its the reason Nintendo will be selling more consoles, be it home or handheld than any other company in 2007.

the_eternal_dark
December 31st, 2006, 21:02
1) New PSP - more ergonomic feel, lighter in weight
2) New Peripherals - I hope for something useful
3) EU PS3 Release - Sony better get their stock ready.
4) Price Drop - how about instead of taking away stuff, just drop the price
5) Downloadable video content - YAY, not
6) Gran Turismo Mobile - About damn time
7) Technical Improvements - better/bigger screen, hdd
8) MGS Portable Ops - been there done that, it will rock
9) Nintendogs and co - why would Sony want to compete with that?
10) Sony refocus - quit lying/driving people away

stormuk
December 31st, 2006, 21:07
New PSP.

Okay one question - how many PSP owners will actually buy the new PSP?

I know I wont be!

JKKDARK
December 31st, 2006, 21:17
New PSP.

Okay one question - how many PSP owners will actually buy the new PSP?

I know I wont be!

Not me. I'm not a Sony fanboy, one is enough.

dj2005
December 31st, 2006, 21:31

1) New PSP - I don't think that a Slim PSP would change things. What sucks on PSP are games, not the PSP.
2) New Peripherals - Yeah, like the ub3r-useful 1.3 Camera.
3) EU PS3 Release - Wow, PS3 is failing in JAP and USA, what's good on PS3 EU Release?
4) Price Drop - PSP already dropped prices, with no results.
5) Downloadable video content - Everyone already does it, that's not a new thing.
6) Gran Turismo Mobile - We will see it in 2008.
7) Technical Improvements - What? Sony said Hardware will be not changed. What technical Improvements could happen?
8) MGS Portable Ops - Yeah, that's a good game. But a good game on 200 bad games doesn't save a handheld.
9) Nintendogs and co - What the hell this means?
10) Sony refocus - That's a big laughter xD

He is right! That list should have be done from him ;)

Oh, a little thing before fanboys attack me: I have a PSP, a PS2, a PSTwo, and if people at Sony wouldn't have gone mad, I would have bought a PS3 as well.

Nicely said. I for one will not be buying the new PSP since I love my homebrew too much. Of course, if it gets hacked and can do everything the current PSP can, then I will be buying one for sure. Also, the most anticipated thing I'm waiting for is Dark Alex's next release!

Veskgar
December 31st, 2006, 22:37
For me, PSP homebrew is where it will be at for 2007. Sure I'll want the upgraded hardware version of the PSP. But only because by the time it comes out I'll likely have a PS3.

But I'll never tire of the current PSP and all its homebrew glory.

I want a Wii more than a PS3 and I don't think that the PSP2 will create the same craze that the DS Lite has. But its good to see that SONY is pushing on with the PSP brand.

the_eternal_dark
December 31st, 2006, 23:24
Not me. I'm not a Sony fanboy, one is enough.

That makes sense. You're a girl, you can't be a fanboy.

gopherbob
December 31st, 2006, 23:29
That list is horrible.

Like someone said before, the only and i mean ONLY thing going for the psp is the homebrew community. Folks like dark_alex making the psp a fun gaming system is the only reason i purchased one.

JKKDARK
December 31st, 2006, 23:47
That makes sense. You're a girl, you can't be a fanboy.

I did think that the word "fanboy" is for all the people. Then the word would be "fangirl"?

the_eternal_dark
January 1st, 2007, 00:46
I did think that the word "fanboy" is for all the people. Then the word would be "fangirl"?

Lol, I'm just giving you a hard time.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sony do well this coming year, but they will have to work hard at it.

emuking
January 1st, 2007, 00:47
I disagree with sappo alot:

1) New PSP--Slim psp would attract more people into buying it, perhaps some stuff will be added like hd.
2) New Peripherals--i'm pretty sure whatever comes out of this will be good, all the noobs say its bad now, but they'll be the first to buy it lol
3) EU PS3 Release--PS3 is doing well in japan and us for a system with low amount of units, if it had more, it would sell more
4) Price Drop--psp had drop price with results, more people are buying the psps with the extra content they are recieving with it
5) Downloadable video content--well with the ps3 it may be a new thing, but overall its something thats been done for about the last two years
6) Gran Turismo Mobile--this will come out and i am confident it wont be as same as GT4, but it will be a totally different GT game.
7) Technical Improvements--with new hardware(PSPX), i'm sure there would be different improvements
8) MGS Portable Ops--this will sell out in EU, psp has alot of good games, and this i would have to say makes it to the top 10 psp games list
9) Nintendogs and co--(?), does this mean Nintendogs is coming out on psp? or will it have a competition?
10) Sony refocus--This i see the most to happen, I expect 2007 to be a good year for PSP and PS3, just like it was for PS1 back in 1997

how you manage to stay confident in sony amazes me, shows no matter how much sony craps on their customers, they always come back hoping :rofl:

MaxSMoke
January 1st, 2007, 03:08

It never fails to amaze me that no matter how many completely awesome titles that appear on the PSP, just jack*** always has to say the PSP has no good games. The PSP has more top-ranked games then any other handheld since the GBA!

In fact, I would go as far as to say, SHOW ME A GOOD DS GAME! Mario titles don't cut it for me anymore, and Metroid Hunters was a joke. My DS Lite has been gathering dust for the last 4 months, and will continue to until I get a hacking kit and start using it for Homebrew.

On the other hand, Star Wars Legos, Burn Out, Daxter, and Dungeon Siege RULE my portable gaming time!

So please, let's avoid the stupid remarks like, "The PSP has no good games". That crap's been played, and it's just as stupid now as it was 2 years ago. I, for one, can't wait to pickup a copy of Kill Zone Liberation and Metal Gear Portable Ops. I just have to put down Star War's Legos 2 long enough to actually go to the store and buy another game! Collecting Lego coins is ADDICTIVE!

And DS Fanboys like Sappo, GO HOME.

emuking
January 1st, 2007, 05:09
It never fails to amaze me that no matter how many completely awesome titles that appear on the PSP, just jack*** always has to say the PSP has no good games. The PSP has more top-ranked games then any other handheld since the GBA!

In fact, I would go as far as to say, SHOW ME A GOOD DS GAME! Mario titles don't cut it for me anymore, and Metroid Hunters was a joke. My DS Lite has been gathering dust for the last 4 months, and will continue to until I get a hacking kit and start using it for Homebrew.

On the other hand, Star Wars Legos, Burn Out, Daxter, and Dungeon Siege RULE my portable gaming time!

So please, let's avoid the stupid remarks like, "The PSP has no good games". That crap's been played, and it's just as stupid now as it was 2 years ago. I, for one, can't wait to pickup a copy of Kill Zone Liberation and Metal Gear Portable Ops. I just have to put down Star War's Legos 2 long enough to actually go to the store and buy another game! Collecting Lego coins is ADDICTIVE!

And DS Fanboys like Sappo, GO HOME.

god you are such a fanboy, thank god i dont tie myself to one console or brand like you do or gaming would be boring as hell, my psp, ds lite, wii, and soon to be 360 keep me entertained maybe because i actually play for fun unlike most people :rolleyes:

gavind
January 1st, 2007, 13:04
Gran Turismo Mobile.....for all the waiting i doubt it will live upto all the hype

persoanlly im happy playing Gran Turismo 2 using the PSX Emulator

dadrester
January 1st, 2007, 13:10

surely this would mean a terrible year for the PSP (machine rather than brand)?! It would effectively be the same shift as ps1 to ps2 etc and pretty much render the original hardware obsolete... it's not like when sony first released the dual analogue pad for ps1 either, since that was a £15 upgrade that you didn't actually need for many games (ape escape being the only one that springs to mind) and the new PSP2 (or whatever) would be an entirely new bit of very expensive hardware (unlike the gba or gba sp or micro)

Basil Zero
January 1st, 2007, 18:53
how you manage to stay confident in sony amazes me, shows no matter how much sony craps on their customers, they always come back hoping

well, cause if u bought something that costs like 250 dollars, would u not want it to be successful, also it doesnt matter for me, since i'm living the life with 3.02 OE-B lol

Just want them to come out with a PS2 emu next time heh heh heh, and better games if u know what i mean lol

surely this would mean a terrible year for the PSP (machine rather than brand)?! It would effectively be the same shift as ps1 to ps2 etc and pretty much render the original hardware obsolete... it's not like when sony first released the dual analogue pad for ps1 either, since that was a £15 upgrade that you didn't actually need for many games (ape escape being the only one that springs to mind) and the new PSP2 (or whatever) would be an entirely new bit of very expensive hardware (unlike the gba or gba sp or micro)

not really, cause its one, too soon for a PSP2 to come out, i think its gonna be a remake kinda like:
PS1----PSX
DS----DSLite
PS2-----PS2Slim
etc.

really wouldnt matter to me regardless, since i'm gonna save my money for ps3 instead of another psp.

drivershigh
January 1st, 2007, 19:49
pointless list, none of the stuff mentioned is really useful or productive. The PSP's games are for the most part disappointing IMO, and the main reason I use it is for the admittedly awesome emulation, which I think is the best thing the PSP has to offer. SOTN on the toilet... who'd have thought it?

F9zDark
January 1st, 2007, 20:24
This list sucks, nothing really major here, except for the PSP redesign, which there is speculative evidence suggesting this (nothing official as of yet.)

Now, thinking that a new PSP may be in the works, I must say, we don't need a slim PSP. The PSP is slim enough!

Honestly, I don't want the PSP getting any smaller, before I got the handle + extra battery, I could only play the PSP for 30 minutes at best, because its a bitch on the hands and wrist.

What I believe would make the PSP better off is a more PC-like design. Sony could totally bank on Microshit's scrapped Origami attempt. Throw in a good sized 2.5" drive, give us the ability to boot up Linux (or maybe even WinXP CE, Mobile or whatever...) USB input (for a mouse, keyboard, whatever) another analog nub and 4 shoulder buttons, with R3 and L3, and bluetooth for improved PS3 connectivity (as well as allow the PSP2 to act completely as a PS3 controller).

Sure is a damned stretch, but I know damn well I'd buy a PSP2 if it offered that array of features.

I know that what I said above will certainly make the PSP rock 2007; probably be rocking away until 2009 with those abilities. :p

F9zDark
January 1st, 2007, 20:30
god you are such a fanboy, thank god i dont tie myself to one console or brand like you do or gaming would be boring as hell, my psp, ds lite, wii, and soon to be 360 keep me entertained maybe because i actually play for fun unlike most people :rolleyes:

How is a he fanboy? He owns a DS Lite and a PSP....

He's just telling the truth. My brother and his friend complain about Sony having to rely on age old franchises (like Resident Evil and MGS) to sell games, but to be honest Nintendo is the only company to have kept a franchise around for 20+ years.

Mario is old news.... Nintendo find a new god damn mascot for the sake of your older fans. Then again, we all know Nintendo likes to advertise to children, to whom Mario would be brand spanking new, which is probably why he has survived this long.

emuking
January 2nd, 2007, 00:27
my favorite games aren't mario games, you almost sounded mature except when you made that weak attempt to piss me off but i'll forgive :), and as for being confident in a brand you invested in, when you rely on homebrew other than commercial games i guess you gave up your loyalty to that brand (sony) i should of realized that, sorry basil zero you just wanted homebrew to better than it already is,damn a ps2 emu now that's a stretch though it would be awesome to play god of war anywhere :D