PDA

View Full Version : Revealing Final Fantasy Tactics scans

wraggster
December 31st, 2006, 16:42
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/12/31/revealing-final-fantasy-tactics-scans/)

The Ivalice Alliance is strong: Final Fantasy Tactics makes a triumphant return in a remake, enhanced specifically for the PSP. PSPHyper has some gorgeous scans of the latest issue of Famitsu, showing off the game's new cutscenes and yes ... gameplay too. What a great way to end the year look forward to the next!

Scans at psphyper (http://www.psphyper.com/psp/final-fantasy-tactics-magazine-scans/)

joey561
December 31st, 2006, 17:16
Very nice.

Zephyroth_drgs
December 31st, 2006, 19:06
pretty impressive, i like them, seems a good port, but i like more a remake

JKKDARK
December 31st, 2006, 19:28
it looks awesome. really a game that the PSP needs.

Veskgar
December 31st, 2006, 21:58
This will definitely be a highly anticipated game. I am so tempted to play the original on PSP with 3.02 OE-B but if this is more of a remake/upgrade but mainly the same game improved, I will just wait for this one.

Abgoj
January 1st, 2007, 00:13
Really looking forward 2 this. Only Final Fantasy game ive never played.

qskint
January 1st, 2007, 01:11
looks exactly the same as the psx version.. which ive just installed and started playing on my psp, or am i missing something?

kaffie
January 1st, 2007, 12:14
Found some info on a forum. The original source of the text was not quoted.

"Final Fantasy Tactics is the latest game in Square Enix's back catalogue to get the PSP treatment. Much like Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War will be an enhanced port of the classic PlayStation game. Extras include cartoon-like movies depicting the story, and some new jobs, starting with the series' famous Onion Knight. The game will also be displayed in glorious 16:9 widescreen.

The Lion War is being developed as part of the "Ivalice Alliance," which already includes the recently announced DS game Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. In addition to these, Square Enix has announced a third game in development, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire. The platform for this one has not been announced yet, but could potentially be a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, on either GBA or DS.

Right now, there's no release date for any of these games, but we'll be sure to bring you further info when it is revealed."

kaffie
January 1st, 2007, 12:15
EDIT...

looks like the text came from http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155876

drivershigh
January 1st, 2007, 13:52
Yeah the ad looks nice, but having just ported my copy of Tactics I now see no point in this. Sure the cutscenes will be nice, but one new class is not enough. If they can put in extra characters ala Cloud and more levels then you can justify it, but otherwise I'll stick to the current one (which doesn't even look too bad in widescreen IMO).

Veskgar
January 1st, 2007, 18:07
Yeah the ad looks nice, but having just ported my copy of Tactics I now see no point in this. Sure the cutscenes will be nice, but one new class is not enough. If they can put in extra characters ala Cloud and more levels then you can justify it, but otherwise I'll stick to the current one (which doesn't even look too bad in widescreen IMO).

Yeah, I actually prefer playing PSX games on my PSP rather than my TV. I have a pretty big widescreen HDTV and playing PSX games on it makes it look a tad blurry and dull due to the width and size of the TV.

But playing on a smaller resolution screen like the PSP makes PSX games look better than ever.

The PSP is now truly a PlayStation Portable...

Thank you Dark_AleX!

drivershigh
January 1st, 2007, 19:43
Yeah, 3.02 OE-B is truly awesome, big thanks for that.

If I were you Veskgar, I wouldn't wait. It doesn't seem like theres enough new stuff to warrant buying it if you own the original. Besides, unless you can read Japanese, who knows how long it'll be until it gets retranslated?