PDA

View Full Version : LTE Game Engine 2.2

wraggster
December 31st, 2006, 17:12
The LTE Studios team have released a new version of LTE Game Engine which is now at v2.2

The main LTE Studios project is LTE Game Engine, a full featured game engine wich allow you to program your games (or applications) without having to fight with any of the pspsdk calls.

Heres whats new:

- Fixed IReadFile and IWriteFile to work with relative paths

- Added the method IVideoDriver::draw2DStretchedImage to draw stretched images.

- Added the method IAudioSound::setAutoStop(ms) to automatically stop the sound after
ms milliseconds

- Important fixes in the audio driver

- added getAbsoluteClippingRect to get the clipping rect in gui elements

- Added custom bones for Direct X meshes

- Added GUI progressbar

Download Here --> http://www.ltestudios.com/?home

Camelot
December 31st, 2006, 17:46
Wow this seems pretty neat. I cant wait to see the games released with this

the_eternal_dark
December 31st, 2006, 20:49
Finally a new update for LTE. I can't wait to try this one out.

being2
January 1st, 2007, 00:03
What programming language do I need to know to make games with this program?

MaxSMoke
January 1st, 2007, 02:46
The question should be, is there anybody that's going to use this? As of yet, I dunno of any Homebrew that use this engine. I've seen some Quake engine things, an a few simple 3D programs, but nothing that really takes advantage of the PSP's abilities.

I would like to, again, volunteer to lend my artistic and 3D modeling skills to doing some kind of homebrew program on the PSP.

EvilDooinz
January 1st, 2007, 03:40
this is a cpp lib for psp too bad it crashes under 3.02 OE-B or I would use it

gpeters
January 1st, 2007, 04:09
I compiled a few of the examples... what exactly crashed for you? Everything I tried worked fine on 3.02 oe-b for me.
Shame I don't know where to start and lack the time- the framerate was decent and the ability to make a nice homebrew app look promising.

When you browse the lte forums there is a lot of talk about people making games, but I haven't seen anything that has used this.

EvilDooinz
January 1st, 2007, 04:13
hmm it showed the intro screen then the ms stick lights up and the psp shut down a few sec later
EDIT: ok never mind I forgot to copy the media folder doh

pt9087
January 1st, 2007, 14:41
I Will Be Trying This