PDA

View Full Version : What should I get?, Viva Pinata, Elder Scrolls or DOA4?

chemical
December 31st, 2006, 20:13
Hey.

Well for christmas I got 2 vouchers for different shops that sell games, I plan on using both to get discounts on 360 games. I know I want Saints Row, but I'm having trouble deciding on the second..

Dead Or Alive 4 - I'm starting to go against the idea of getting this one, I played the demo and it just doesn't seem to have the depth that a game like Tekken has, I think it could get old quick and I should probably wait for Virtua Fighter, but I've only played the demo, so maybe I'm wrong?

Viva Pinata - Looks like a fun game, I love Rare so I'm very interested in this game, but I'm hoping its kinda laid back and has variety, I don't want a game like animal crossing that involves the same thing over and over and over. But also not a game where I'm constantly rushing to change this, add that, cure that, etc. where it just feels like a chore, if you know what i mean?, if it that type of game?

Elder Scrolls: Oblivian - Well this game has me interested as i've heard its a great game with huge worlds and options for what you are going to do in them... but It is a RPG, i'm not an RPG fan, I don't like games like World Of Warcraft, Final Fantasy or anything like that, although this game seems to have real-time 1st person fighting, maybe it isn't just another RPG?

Any advice would be appreciated, I know I've typed alot but I figured its pointless just to list 3 games and ask someone to pick, who may have totally different likes/dislikes.

Thanks for any help!

JKKDARK
December 31st, 2006, 20:18
Try to get Elder Scrolls, definately. Never played this one, but it's very popular.
I like Dead or Alive 4, but Virtua Fighter 5 will be better. If you are really a dead or a live fan, you must get it.

beetroot bertie
January 1st, 2007, 13:54
I guess it really depends on what you want. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion has had great reviews and will offer you many hours of gameplay and that's a big bonus assuming you have that sort of time to devote to it. A friend of mine has it and has really enjoyed it and I've had a go on it for a short while and it seems huge.

As for DoA 4, I've downloaded the demo and it's OK but not great. It looks great but doesn't really seem that much different to the Dreamcast DoA 2 from a gamplay point of view and you can still get a way with too much random button mashing for my liking. I really want a great fighting game for my 360 so I'm hoping for a Soul Calibur game since that's one of my faves. The Dreamcast version was exceptional in my opinion.

Can't really comment on Viva Pinata except that it looks really nice, has had good reviews and offers something a little bit different from other games. If you like Rare, then you may also want to consider Perfect Dark Zero or Kameo which should be more reasonably priced these days. I've played Perfect Dark Zero and its a solid FPS, just not as great as I'd expect. It does have a good selection of multiplayer options though. I've enjoyed Call Of Duty 2 far more however and would recommend it as a great FPS.

BrooksyX
January 2nd, 2007, 02:27
Get oblivion its a great game.

gdf
January 7th, 2007, 16:24
elder scrooooooools! rocks! running into a shop, killing the owner and then stealing all the stuff just can't be beat! i got a silver mace after a rake in some dudes basement and it was my weapon of choice for about 5 hours of gameplay.

mcvader
January 7th, 2007, 16:56
get oblivion, I love that game, had it since it first came out and I'm still playing it.

jdcxxx
January 25th, 2007, 02:42
oblivion is a horrible game dont get it

Elven6
January 26th, 2007, 04:44
Elder Scrolls, although Viva Pinata aint that bad either. I wouldn't recommend DOA4 since it aint a very long game. (None of em are).

VP is way better then animal crossing, it offers more, and I belive you can customize your Pinata with clothing, you can download classic Rare cloths like Mr.Pant's hat!

JKKDARK
January 26th, 2007, 04:48
Elder Scrolls, although Viva Pinata aint that bad either. I wouldn't recommend DOA4 since it aint a very long game. (None of em are).

They are not long, but they are good. Plus, even if you don't like these games, don't tell me you wouldn't want to do the nude scene cheat in Dead or Alive 2 :rolleyes:

baracki96
January 26th, 2007, 04:48
Oblivion, It is like a cross between final fantasy and Halo ( yes, I know that's a stretch). I own quite a few 360 games and I still find myself playing oblivion a lot.

Elven6
January 26th, 2007, 04:53
They are not long, but they are good. Plus, even if you don't like these games, don't tell me you wouldn't want to do the nude scene cheat in Dead or Alive 2 :rolleyes:

Na I don't watch Hentai so Im not into that kinda stuff. But Im not saying a character can't look Sexy!